Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

By the way, some nice pictures here.....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Thanks VA.

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

'RONNIE JAMES DIO Day' In Los Angeles

The Los Angeles City Council officially declared May 30 "Ronnie James Dio Day." The announcement was made at Sunday's public memorial service for the legendary heavy metal singer who died of stomach cancer at the age of 67 two weeks earlier.

Eddie Trunk, host of VH1 Classic's "That Metal Show", read councilmember Paul Koretz's official declaration to those 1,200 mourners gathered inside of Forest Lawn's Hall of Liberty, as well as the hundreds more who crowded the courtyards of the Griffith Park cemetery.

Watch video footage of Trunk's announcement below (courtesy of Christy Borgman).

Koretz's declaration in full:

"I would like to adjourn in memory of Ronnie James Dio. Born Ronald James Padavona, in Portsmouth New Hampshire in 1942. He had an amazing career in music, marked by tremendous successes with heavy metal bands ELF, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, and DIO. He began his career playing with rockabilly bands in the late 1950s, and gained wide exposure in 1972 while his band, ELF, as the opening act for DEEP PURPLE. In 1979, he replaced Ozzy Osbourne as the front man of BLACK SABBATH. He toured with BLACK SABBATH until 1982, by then he had formed his own group, DIO.

"Ronnie's charisma on stage was complemented by his compassion offstage. As an organizer for the non-profit organization Children of the Night, he was dedicated to the cause of assisting children who were forcefully subjected to prostitute themselves on the streets. Since 1979, this organization has provided victims of forced prostitution with intervention and counseling, as well as a roof over their heads and a place to sleep.

"He is survived by his wife, Wendy, who is chair of Children of the Night, and his son, Daniel, his father, Pat Padavona, and two grandchildren.

"For his countless fans and admirers, there will be a public memorial service this Sunday, May 30th at 2:00 PM at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills."

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wAInGUyO3jI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wAInGUyO3jI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Right on....

Comment

• atomicpunk5151
            Head Fluffer
            • Aug 2004

Pretty cool that even after he is gone he is still helping people. Hopefully the Cancer and other charities gets a boost from all this pub.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Now is your chance.

This from the official fan page on Facebook:

For the Ronnie James Dio fans around the world that could not make it to
              his Memorial, you can now make a $35.00 donation and get the official
              Memorial Shirt (pictured), Memorial Program and Memorial Button. Your
              donation will be going to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout
              Cancer Fund! This is our way of saying Thank
              You for your donations! The shirts are in Medium, Large, X-Large, 2XL
              and 3XL. The requested donation is $35.00 plus $10.70 Priority Shipping
              in the USA (CA residents please add .0975 tax), $26.95 shipping in
              Canada and Mexico and $15.00 shipping for the rest of the world. Please make your check or money order
              payable to The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund and send
              them to the Niji Entertainment Group, 12400 Ventura Blvd. #837, Studio
              City, CA 91604 USA. You can also use your credit or debit card via
              PayPal. There is a direct link on the home page of
              www.ronniejamesdio.com that says "DONATE NOW." BE SURE TO SPECIFY YOUR
              SHIRT SIZE! We are paying tribute to Ronnie James Dio and raising
              $$$ to find a cure for Cancer!

And in more somber news, this was also posted 6 hours ago:

Ronnie James Dio was finally laid to rest on June 1st at 3:33 PM at Forest Lawn, Hollywood Hills, CA. Ronnie was carried to his final resting place by his friends Vinny Appice, Geezer Butler, Craig Goldy, Steve Mignardi, Scott Warren and Simon Wright.
              Last edited by Hardrock69; 06-03-2010, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Another dupe post.
                Last edited by Hardrock69; 06-03-2010, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

I finally took the time to sit down and watch the 2 dozen or so youtube vids of Ronnie's memorial service that I downloaded the other day.

Fantastic service. Of course there was an asshat - "THIS IS NOT A ROCK CONCERT!"
                  Fucking asshole.

Then the nutjobs. Fortunately there only appeared to be 2 or 3 of the Westboro assholes. God curse them.

And I do feel spAce made a complete ass out of himself. Some people just cannot be serious, even on serious occasions. But then, that is Ace.

Now, let's see if I get another dupe post out of this forum software.

Edit: Amazing.....a single post for once.

Comment

• ace diamond
                    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    I do feel spAce made a complete ass out of himself. Some people just cannot be serious, even on serious occasions. But then, that is Ace.
                    BECAUSE I DON'T TAKE 98% OF THINGS IN LIFE ALL THAT SERIOUSLY.
                    I believe in celebrating life and remembering folks who have passed as they were at their finest when they were living.
                    so funerals for me are a celebration, not mourning and misery.
                    At the dio funeral, I was celebrating ronnie's life and music, not mourning it. a person never truly dies until no one remembers a single thing about them or anything that they did in their lifetime.
                    as evidence that ronhnie will live on, his various charities, his musical legacy, his family, friends, bandmates,
                    business partners, and most of all his fans will remember him for a very long time.
                    ronnie is in our hearts.
                    and as such, he is alive and well.
                    vinny appice asked me about why i wore the devil mask. i told him i did it just to spite and piss off the religious idiots outside protesting.
                    those westboro baffoons even got totally owned by some kid.
                    now that was really funny.
                    besides, don't you think ronnie would have taken the piss and had a right hearty laugh about it all?
                    i think he was laughing his ass off.
                    hell, i could practically hear him.
                    in the end, the award for "biggest douchebag and generally making a total horses ass of themselves" award
                    for that day goes to the westboro protestors.
                    Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond
                      besides, don't you think ronnie would have taken the piss and had a right hearty laugh about it all?
                      i think he was laughing his ass off.
                      More like he was looking down saying "Check out THAT jackass!" If he indeed laughed, chances are it wasn't WITH you.

hell, i could practically hear him.
                      No, those are the voices in your head. Go back on your meds.

in the end, the award for "biggest douchebag and generally making a total horses ass of themselves" award
                      for that day goes to the westboro protestors.
                      Funny, your sorry ass tainted more tribute videos than THEY did...guess again.
                      Originally posted by conmee
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                      Originally posted by eddie78
                      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ace diamond
                        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        By the way, some nice pictures here.....

http://kevinestrada.wordpress.com/

i'm in a couple of those pictures.
                        obviously i'm the one in the devil mask.
                        Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                        When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                        "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Full Bug
                          Whoa Elvis, why the hate?
                          For spaming the DIO thread...

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Please don't indluge Ace, it will just lead to an argument which will soil this thread.
                            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Mr Walker
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              And in more somber news, this was also posted 6 hours ago:

Still nothing from that cocksucker Vivian Campbell... what a fucking dick!

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                                Still nothing from that cocksucker Vivian Campbell... what a fucking dick!
                                Probably has his hands full with that ever-taxing Thin Lizzy commitment.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...