• ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Sharon Osbourne ??

Comment

• Mr Walker
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

HEAVEN & HELL — the band featuring BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi (guitar), Ronnie James Dio (vocals), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinny Appice (drums) — has announced the cancellation of all planned appearances this summer in Europe, including its headline set at Bloodstock's (U.K.) 10th anniversary festival as well as performances at Sonisphere in Switzerland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey.

The band has issued the following statement regading the cancellations: "We have to announce that all forthcoming HEAVEN & HELL European shows have been cancelled as sadly [vocalist] Ronnie [James Dio, who was diagnosed with stomach cancer in November 2009] isn't well enough to tour this summer. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time."

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Damn, hope he gets well soon.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mr Walker
          HEAVEN & HELL — the band featuring BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi (guitar), Ronnie James Dio (vocals), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinny Appice (drums) — has announced the cancellation of all planned appearances this summer in Europe, including its headline set at Bloodstock's (U.K.) 10th anniversary festival as well as performances at Sonisphere in Switzerland, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey.

The band has issued the following statement regading the cancellations: "We have to announce that all forthcoming HEAVEN & HELL European shows have been cancelled as sadly [vocalist] Ronnie [James Dio, who was diagnosed with stomach cancer in November 2009] isn't well enough to tour this summer. We hope that everyone understands and want to thank fans and industry colleagues for their continuing support at this time."
          I was really shocked when they seemed to be saying he would still be doing this, I guess they were just trying to be positive.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Dio Issues Statement On Heaven & Hell Cancellations
            mdome / News / 05/05/2010 10:13am Ronnie James Dio has issued his own statement following yesterday’s announcement by Heaven & Hell that they have cancelled their summer touring plans due to the singer’s ongoing battle with cancer.
            Says Dio:

“I would like to voice my great disappointment on the cancellation of the Heaven & Hell summer tour.

“Wendy [Dio, wife/manager], my doctors and I have worked so hard to make it happen for all of you, the ones we care so much about, that this setback could be devastating, but we will not let it be.

“With your continued love and support, we will carry on and thrive. There will be other tours, more music, more life and much more magic.”
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

He's lucky he didn't marry Sharon Osbourne...

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante
                In the last 5 years, I have lost 4 people that are very close to me to cancer....

I would love to see cancer lose once...

Keep up the fight Ronnie...
                Yeah, what he said....

this last decade has been a real bitch for cancer. Only saw one out of 5 survive here.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

God damn. I fear the worst. The reaper must take us all, but it is not always when we would like.

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Look OUT! Oh what's becoming of mee..

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW), who was diagnosed with stomach cancer last November, has released the following statement:

"I would like to voice my great disappointment on the cancellation of the HEAVEN & HELL summer tour. Wendy [Ronnie's wife/manager], my doctors and I have worked so hard to make it happen for all of you, the ones we care so much about, that this setback could be devastating, but we will not let it be. With your continued love and support, we will carry on and thrive. There will be other tours, more music, more life and much more magic."

In other Dio news, a video clip of Ronnie being interviewed at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards on April 8 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles by "VH1 Classic "That Metal Show" co-host Eddie Trunk can be viewed below.

When asked about how he he been feeling since he was disagnosed with stomach cancer late last year, Dio recently told the Artisan News Service, "Well, I feel good and bad at times. It's a long process. Chemotherapy is a... I never realized what a difficult thing it was to go through. It's a real cumulative effect — the more you have, the more it piles up on top and it takes longer and longer to get over it. I find it very difficult to eat. I don't like to eat anyway, so I guess that's OK. But I know I have to. But this makes it very, very hard. But if you're determined to beat it. then you have to go with what you believe is going to beat it for you, and in this case it's that. I go to a great hospital in Houston called M.D. Anderson, which I think is the best hospital in the world, I have the best doctor in the world, Dr. Ajani, who I really trust and I really believe in, so I think I've done all the right things. It makes me feel positive about my life and positive that there is a lot more of it to live."

HEAVEN & HELL guitarist, Tony Iommi, underwent stem-cell treatment last year on an injured hand. Meanwhile, the band's drummer, Vinny Appice, had surgery on his right shoulder on November 30, 2009 for an injury sustained during the band's last tour.

HEAVEN & HELL's debut album, "The Devil You Know", entered The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 8 with first-week sales of 30,000 units.

In a recent online posting, Wendy Dio revealed that there are plans to release a 30th-anniversary BLACK SABBATH "Heaven And Hell" DVD sometime this year. The package is expected to include brand new interviews that Ronnie, Geezer and Appice gave to Eddie Trunk on January 22, 2010 in Los Angeles, as well other extras.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

I have an acquaintance who was once in a band called Lion. They had a couple of albums, got huge in Japan, then their drummer was in a serious car accident and had to give up playing.
                        They held a benefit concert for him at The Country Club in Reseda.....RJ Dio ponied up $1,000 towards the medical debt.

He is a truly caring and great individual, and I am behind him every step of the way.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

I guess rumors were flying around early today that said that Dio had passed away.... Looks like his wife said those rumors are all bogus....

"Don't believe the rumors, Ronnie is still hanging in there!!!" Hugs, Wendy Dio
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• vaijuju
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2008

Official site of record label Elektra Music Group: Elektra Records, Fueled By Ramen, Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, Black Cement, Public Consumption, DTA Records

RIP
                            http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Golden AWe
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio.

Message from Wendy Dio

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio
                              Originally posted by Cato
                              Golden, why are you FAT?
                              Originally posted by lesfunk
                              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

If it were a hoax, Wendy Dio would not have posted the following at the official website www.ronniejamesdio.com

Message from Wendy Dio

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

Comment

Working...