X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGa70tVYVKo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rGa70tVYVKo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QV_9pn7MGUo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QV_9pn7MGUo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Claption all hooked on smack...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ivfoVCQM47U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ivfoVCQM47U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MAX
          To this day, I love the film's version of "I'm Free" much better than the one on the original LP.
          Me too! I bought the soundtrack as soon as it came out. (Initially, Elton's "Pinball Wizard" was held back for a while before being released as a single, forcing people to buy the soundtrack album.) When checking out the credits for "I'm Free", I was astounded to find that Ron Wood (one of my heroes on guitar) had played on the song. His take is much more clunky and chunky, with a warts and all style of chording that found it's way into my own playing over the years.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
            I might have to drop some acid and watch that sometime soon.
            It's the only way that goddamn movie makes any sense.

They showed it at my junior high school in 1979. Not very consistent with the "Don't Use Drugs" propaganda they were preaching there.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
              Me too! I bought the soundtrack as soon as it came out. (Initially, Elton's "Pinball Wizard" was held back for a while before being released as a single, forcing people to buy the soundtrack album.) When checking out the credits for "I'm Free", I was astounded to find that Ron Wood (one of my heroes on guitar) had played on the song. His take is much more clunky and chunky, with a warts and all style of chording that found it's way into my own playing over the years.
              So it's Pete on the rhythm guitar, and Woody playing the slide?
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by FORD
                It's the only way that goddamn movie makes any sense.

They showed it at my junior high school in 1979. Not very consistent with the "Don't Use Drugs" propaganda they were preaching there.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  So it's Pete on the rhythm guitar, and Woody playing the slide?
                  It's been years since I looked at the credits, yet I'm tempted to say that Wood plays all of the guitars on that track. The chording does sound like Woody though, listen to how sloppy it is in the opening.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Just wow and I did not know any of that.

The old man just stumped me yet again.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Your old man is one lucky motherfucker! Has he ever gotten the DVD set "The Complete Monterey Pop Festival" and watched it to see if he could see himself?

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Damn, I love those songs. When I first saw the film as a kid, it scared the shit out of me - truly, an odd and unnerving experience. Quadrophenia is probably seen as the cooler project because of the med revivial, but I always prefered Tommy.....
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...