Led Zeppelin to headline 2010 Glastonbury Festival?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So much for this rumor - just announced...

The most complete commercial and production music library available. Fully Licensed for Broadcast, Entertainment and Other Business Use.

Gorillaz will replace U2 as the friday Pyramid Stage Headliner at Glastonbury 2010.

Damon Albarn's virtual band announced that they would be taking the place of U2 a day after the band pulled out following Bono's back surgery. As a result, Damon will headline the Pyramid Stage for the second year running, after Blur topped the bill last year on Sunday night.

Festival organiser Michael Eavis stated: "This is going to be Gorillaz' only UK festival appearance. It'll be a massive audio visual spectacle which will really ignite the Pyramid Stage on the Friday night, with Muse, then Stevie Wonder to follow. I'm very excited about Gorillaz' show coming here because they're so open to guests and collaborations. The alchemy of Friday's show is going to be astonishing: a perfect, contemporary way to kick off the 40th anniversary celebrations."

Said Murdoc from Gorillaz: "We're like some great big horrible warship pulling in to the Bay of Glastonbury to save the day. It was us or The Beatles and they split up years ago. The previous soldiers got pulled from duty last minute so it's up to my Plastic Beach naval cavalry to sail in and sort the battlefield out. I can assure you though, I'm bringing extra troops. Loads of them. Glastonbury will be ours…cutlasses drawn, trumpets ready. We're coming in…"

With Muse set to headline Saturday and Stevie ready to headline Sunday night, The Pyramid Stage boasts another world class line-up for 2010.

Having recently released their third album Plastic Beach, featuring guests including Lou Reed, Snoop Dogg, Mos Def and Bobby Womack, Gorillaz launched their new live show at US festival Coachella in California in April. They are set to play other European festivals including Denmark's Roskilde on 1 July and Benicassim in Spain on 18 July, followed by a UK and European Arena tour in September and November 2010.

Comment

Working...