• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by binnie
    I am certainly looking forward to the tour
    If you see the dates could you post them here so I don't miss it?

Probably be small venues.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

No probs Sesh, I'll post 'em when I come across 'em. They will be toilets.......
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
        No probs Sesh, I'll post 'em when I come across 'em. They will be toilets.......
        One of the advantages to playing in the toilet is you get great natural reverb.

Comment

• SparkieD
          Veteran
          • Sep 2006

I LOVE Wolfsbane and all of you know how I feel about Blaze (I'm probably his biggest fan in the world), but I am not one bit impressed with this. Not at ALL. This is something that should have been done after Maiden, or perhaps Blaze should have passed on that offer in the first place. I know, what singer wouldn't jump at the offer of that gig? Maybe one who believed in the band he was currently fronting? I love ALL of Blaze's work, but maybe he should have just concentrated more on Wolfsbane. Blaze has put a lot of effort into his solo band. To put them (other working musicians, some who have been through hell just to be in it) on the back burner while he tries to relive his youth is just wrong. History does indeed repeat itself, because didn't the guys in WB get fucked when he joined Maiden?

BTW, I cuntpletely agree with Bob that LFDF is top ten, maybe even five.
          Last edited by SparkieD; 06-20-2010, 11:09 AM.
          Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
          Originally posted by rustoffa
          Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Fucking bizarre - another band that got totally stiffed.

They get signed by Rick Rubin who somehow manages to produce their stuff far less well than the demo they did themselves.

It was almost like it was deliberate attempt to fuck it up - makes no sense to me.

That's a shame. Same thing happened to Zebra. Unbelievable band but their records were terrible.
            All the energy was sucked out of it.

They should have recorded their concerts and put that out. They failed at Atlantic despite being a major draw live.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              Fucking bizarre - another band that got totally stiffed.

They get signed by Rick Rubin who somehow manages to produce their stuff far less well than the demo they did themselves.

It was almost like it was deliberate attempt to fuck it up - makes no sense to me.
              That is astoundingly baffling. I just don't get Rubin's fascination with horribly recorded seventies stuff. It's like listening to a awful Savoy Brown album: the guitars are mush, the vocals questionable sounding, the drums might as well be made of cardboard and was the bassist even invited to the session?

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
              That's a shame. Same thing happened to Zebra. Unbelievable band but their records were terrible.

They should have recorded their concerts and put that out. They failed at Atlantic despite being a major draw live.
              Great call on Zebra. On the weekends in the early eighties, there was a late night show that featured hard rock acts. The name escapes me, but it featured Zebra and Quiet Riot in one episode. Zebra sounded amazing, and performed a cover of the old Larry Williams tune "Slow Down" as Zeppelin would have played it. I immediately went out and bought the album, and was stunned by how crummy it sounded. Even their live album (which featured Zep's "The Ocean") wasn't much better.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills

Well, at least they got Savatage signed to Atlantic...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SparkieD
                  I LOVE Wolfsbane and all of you know how I feel about Blaze (I'm probably his biggest fan in the world), but I am not one bit impressed with this. Not at ALL. This is something that should have been done after Maiden, or perhaps Blaze should have passed on that offer in the first place. I know, what singer wouldn't jump at the offer of that gig? Maybe one who believed in the band he was currently fronting? I love ALL of Blaze's work, but maybe he should have just concentrated more on Wolfsbane. Blaze has put a lot of effort into his solo band. To put them (other working musicians, some who have been through hell just to be in it) on the back burner while he tries to relive his youth is just wrong. History does indeed repeat itself, because didn't the guys in WB get fucked when he joined Maiden?

You know, put in that context...I can agree. I thought you'd be over the moon with the news, but when the rest of the guys Blaze works with are having to wait it out, that does kinda suck and those solo albums...they're just phenomenal and they're such great musicians.

Don't they have any other gigs they can work?
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by SparkieD

He's probably at the wrong end of 40 and his solo band were basically playing pubs. I read a rumor that he was working in Halfords (a car parts store).

If he thinks he can play clubs with Wolfsbane rather than bars with he's bound to go for it.

To be honest I wasn't too impressed with the solo band anyway, too metal for me.

Comment

• SparkieD
                      Veteran
                      • Sep 2006

Honestly, I don't hold much faith that there will even BE a Blaze Bayley Band this time next year. He has a revolving door of managers and musicians while he claims that it's always a band effort. The man can't make a decent business decision to save his own ass. I don't know if the other guys can find something else to do. Perhaps Dave and Nico can resurrect Under Threat. Larry (the drummer) has already split as has Anna, the best manager he ever had. Funniest thing about that is Blaze should have begged them to stay as those two did so much more behind the scenes than anyone in the band, and that includes Blaze himself.

As for the Halford's rumor, it is 100% true. He lost that gig several years ago after attacking an asshole of a patron. He ended up leaving in handcuffs, though he was never put into a cell.
                      Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                      Originally posted by rustoffa
                      Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Oh man, that is a sad story.

I have quite a lot of time for Blaze's solo career, but I fully respect the Woldsbane reunion - they should have been huge, a British metal institution. Maybe this time round wil go some way to repairing the damage....
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...