X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
    Kinda bummed it doesn't stop off here in Michigan...
    Even more surprising is the decision to not play Miami, Fort Lauderdale or West Palm, instead going to Melbourne, Florida, an area so small it says "Welcome to Melbourne" on both sides of the sign. Seriously, I don't think they even have an airport, let alone a radio station or shopping mall.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• indeedido
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

I saw Bonham in the mid to late 90s in a college bar called Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater, OK. He was touring doing all Zep songs. Had a Plant clone and a goofy looking little guy playing guitar, but damned if he didn't have Page's riffs down. All in all a great show. Played for three hours and was a great night of Zep songs. He's not the human time machine that his dad was, but still a good drummer.
      This space for rent.

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

He shows a respect for his dad's drumming and has a great knowledge of his dad's style..........that being said, I think Steve Gorman from the Black Crowes plays Zep's songs better than any other drummer since John Bonham.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zikZw9lzKsE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zikZw9lzKsE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8JnHvZ3uOHw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8JnHvZ3uOHw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
          Even more surprising is the decision to not play Miami, Fort Lauderdale or West Palm, instead going to Melbourne, Florida, an area so small it says "Welcome to Melbourne" on both sides of the sign. Seriously, I don't think they even have an airport, let alone a radio station or shopping mall.

Unless they are doing a dry run in smaller markets to work the kinks out and to see if there's any interest in this............the booking agent should be shot repeatedly, even after he's dead!
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Unless they are doing a dry run in smaller markets to work the kinks out and to see if there's any interest in this....
            It's conceivable, but 29 shows over two months, starting in Canada, leap frogging back and forth over the border, hitting NY and Philly, then running down the Eastern seaboard to Florida, heading West for Texas and jumping to California only to end up in Canada again is one hell of a dry run! Particularly when you consider how crummy the weather will be at the time. In fact, the itinerary looks much like an early Zeppelin tour would encompass, and that was accomplished using a station wagon and a rented truck!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

Supposedly, the 30 shows is a tribute to the 30th anniversary of his father's passing.........

Touring the old school way..........been there, done that, still got the scars as a matter of fact

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

They played "Kashmir" with his secret new band on the radio interview with Trunk, and it sounded fantastic....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Supposedly, the 30 shows is a tribute to the 30th anniversary of his father's passing.........

Touring the old school way..........been there, done that, still got the scars as a matter of fact
                  Yup...two Ford Rangers and a Lincoln Town Car, what joy. And ya know what? If given the opportunity to do it again...

I WOULD NOT!

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

I've been itching to get back into a band but don't miss the grind of road, either!

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      They played "Kashmir" with his secret new band on the radio interview with Trunk, and it sounded fantastic....
                      .....any guess as to who the lead singer is, VA?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

No idea, I don't follow that as closely as I would if, say, Ralph were singing Dave stuff....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Neither do I...........

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            Even more surprising is the decision to not play Miami, Fort Lauderdale or West Palm, instead going to Melbourne, Florida, an area so small it says "Welcome to Melbourne" on both sides of the sign.
                            That actually kinda makes me happy... I think I may take the 2 hour drive North and go for it... My parents have a place in Sebastian, so I'm set! Open invitation Chef, if you want to catch the show as well...
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                              That actually kinda makes me happy... I think I may take the 2 hour drive North and go for it... My parents have a place in Sebastian, so I'm set! Open invitation Chef, if you want to catch the show as well...
                              My neighbors of over 40 years have a farm up in Melbourne, brother! The only downside to the show is it is on a Sunday evening. We are looking at a distance of around 300 miles, round trip. As much as I appreciate the offer, making that trip back south late Sunday night, then being in shape to get up and go to work on Monday is a bit daunting. Plus it's leading into the holidays, so it's doubtful I could get the time off. I'll get back to ya after I check things out further, but for the moment I believe I'll have to pass.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...