X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
    Why not? Some bozos tried essentially the same thing with a Deep Purple-like band several years ago. Fortunately, they were pelted from stages and nailed with lawsuits as well.
    Are you referring to Rod Evan's lame attempt at calling his band Deep Purple during one of DP's off years?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yYuLwQMB7h4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719& amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yYuLwQMB7h4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719& amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
      Are you referring to Rod Evan's lame attempt at calling his band Deep Purple during one of DP's off years?
      Yeah, that's the one Dj. There used to be quite an amount of documentation about this disaster, but oddly enough when I went to check some old links on the subject, the material had been removed. There are a few that remain, but they really are not of any professional quality and are crummy to look at, let alone even read.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Yeah, that's the one Dj. There used to be quite an amount of documentation about this disaster, but oddly enough when I went to check some old links on the subject, the material had been removed. There are a few that remain, but they really are not of any professional quality and are crummy to look at, let alone even read.
        Poor fucker spent years in the shadow of Purple. Captian Beyond was modeled after DP. But he had a good voice and should've avoided trying to copy them and found his own "thing"...

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So maybe the question should be... can this fake "Quiet Riot" possibly be more of an embarrassment than THIS Whitesnake/AeroShit wannabe cheesefest?

Wonder why they didn't ask this tool back as their "singer"?
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• conmee
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

Kevin was cool, he had a place in Vegas, ran into him a few times in Sin City - once you hit 50, gotta go easy on the nose candy. This is ridiculous... yes if Cavazo and Rudy joined maybe you could have some sort of legitimacy to the name... but this is basically a cover band. Just not sure what the use is... probably be better received as a "tribute" band instead of trying to pass off as a "reunited" band.

That is all.

Icon
            An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
            hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I just don't get it to be honest.

To me QR are just a little footnote in the history of music, a name you see when reading about someone else as being in the general vicinity of talent.

The nicest thing you could say about them is that they were a feeder band that people with any ability left as soon as they could.

A band whose most famous song is a cover of a joke 70s glam band who already had a hit with it?

Gimme a break...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddbKqGi52Qc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddbKqGi52Qc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• conmee
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Mar 2003

No Seshnostic!!!!

YOU sir are a FOOTNOTE and a JOKE!!!! How dare you!!!?!??! It's one thing to deny God, but to deny KEVIN DUBROW?!?!?!? FUCKETH OFFETH!!!!

Metal Health was a #1 record 6X Platinum which is more than any record Sammy Hagar ever sold...

I hate you Seshnostic... hit me up later on IM...

That is all.

Icon©™®
                hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Jesus...

I guess Banali needs the work...I dunno...I mean, I can't honestly say even if DuBrow were still alive and Sarzo and Cavazo signed on it would have enticed me to go see them...they had their moment of glory in the latter half of 1983, but even in the late 1990s when the Metal Health-era lineup reformed, they were barely able to fill clubs of 500-1,000 people and this was with all the participants of the definitive/most commerically successful era of the band involved.

I can't imagine masses of people getting psyched up for this new incarnation, because as already stated DuBrow WAS Quiet Riot.

Banali might have good intentions, but this has all the trappings of being something cringeworthy.

Maybe they can share a double bill with Lynyrd Skynyrd.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'll say this much for DuBrow.... he was actually willing to talk to his fans. He had his own thread at the Randy Rhoads board, where he actually showed more patience with some of the more ridiculous questions from the fans, like "what was Randy's imagination like" or shit like that. Even though Kevin has been gone for almost three years, they kept the thread intact.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      So maybe the question should be... can this fake "Quiet Riot" possibly be more of an embarrassment than THIS Whitesnake/AeroShit wannabe cheesefest?

Wonder why they didn't ask this tool back as their "singer"?

Holy fuck, FORD. That was fuckin horrible!

A day late and a dollar short on the Whitesnake formula/bandwagon...

The drumming was the only decent thing about it. being the fact that drummers don't "write" songs...
                      (unless of course your name is Dave Grohl)

Comment

• Unchainme
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2005

In terms of quiet riot's actual influence, I feel it's a tad bit underrated.

I believe bands like Kiss, Van Halen and Quiet Riot were able to bring Heavy Metal moreso to a mainstream audience. I rate Van Halen of course as a better overall band than the other two .
                        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Quiet Riot's influence can't be overlooked...they were the first "Metal" band to have a Top 5 album and single simultaneously, and opened the doors for Motley and really everyone else that followed them at a time when VH were trying to distance themselves from the "Metal" tag....
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            I'll say this much for DuBrow.... he was actually willing to talk to his fans. He had his own thread at the Randy Rhoads board, where he actually showed more patience with some of the more ridiculous questions from the fans, like "what was Randy's imagination like" or shit like that. Even though Kevin has been gone for almost three years, they kept the thread intact.
                            He admitted he said a few things in the 80s he knew he'd "never live down", but his love for Randy can't be denied. He refused to be a part of the upcoming Peter Margolis Rhoads documentary because he thought a few people (usual suspects) were pushing their own agendas over honoring Randy's legacy.

I loved his standard answer for the trolls that disputed him, though - "I was there - you weren't."
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Anonymous
                              Banned
                              • May 2004

Yeah, I'll be sure to do that after I eat my lunch of Egg-Beaters and Turkey Bacon, then down a non-alcoholic beer or two.
                              You're nauseating me, Chef. Stop that shit immediately.

Originally posted by jhale667
                              I checked out a bit of "Cum on Feel the Noize" on the site here in the office...close approximation, but it just sounds... odd to hear someone other than Kevin singing those songs (and it NOT being a cover band). But Frankie, Chuck and Alex are all friends of mine, so I wish them well...
                              Well, Noddy Holder sang it first, as Sesh pointed out.

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              I just don't get it to be honest.

To me QR are just a little footnote in the history of music, a name you see when reading about someone else as being in the general vicinity of talent.

The nicest thing you could say about them is that they were a feeder band that people with any ability left as soon as they could.

A band whose most famous song is a cover of a joke 70s glam band who already had a hit with it?

Gimme a break...
                              Hey, hey, hey! Quiet Riot was a good, fun band.

That's what hard rock/hair metal is all about. Fun. IF there's real talent in the band, that's a bonus. Not essential. A bonus.

It's FUN music, not erudite stuff like Bach or Virgin Steele.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• conmee
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Mar 2003

Death to Non-Believing Cunts!!!!

Brethren and Sistren,

I told that agnostic cunt Seshnostic to not show his face in this thread until he steps up and apologizes... I have half a mind to drop the fucking N-Bomb on his non-believing ass!!!

Make peace with the QR©®™ legacy, sesh, it's a moral imperative!

That is all!

Icon©®™

Comment

Working...