X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    I'll say this much for DuBrow.... he was actually willing to talk to his fans. He had his own thread at the Randy Rhoads board, where he actually showed more patience with some of the more ridiculous questions from the fans, like "what was Randy's imagination like" or shit like that. Even though Kevin has been gone for almost three years, they kept the thread intact.
    Hot DIGGITY Damn! Link me.. and I swear I'll be gone for two months spamming the shit outta that board OK!

ah.. its inthe LINK got it..

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      This is fucking ridiculous. How the Hell can it be "Quiet Riot" with NO original members, and only ONE guy who "officially" played on Metal Health?

(In reality, Chuck Wright played more on Metal Health than Rudy Sarzo did, but not "officially")

If Cavazo was back in, at least they could make the case of 2.5 members who played on the band's third album. But this is just a goddamn joke.

Totally agree dude. Only name I recognize is Frankie. Crazy what people can get away with to try & make a buck.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by GAR
        Hot DIGGITY Damn! Link me.. and I swear I'll be gone for two months spamming the shit outta that board OK!
        Someone link him quick
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Igosplut
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

So who bought the rights to the band name so they can do this if there are no original members aboard??
          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Wonder who will support,Perhaps they will march 60 year old Dee Snider out and have a full on hair metal shindig

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by conmee
              Brethren and Sistren,

I told that agnostic cunt Seshnostic to not show his face in this thread until he steps up and apologizes... I have half a mind to drop the fucking N-Bomb on his non-believing ass!!!

Make peace with the QR©®™ legacy, sesh, it's a moral imperative!

That is all!

Icon©®™

Well it's true that a piece of Kevin DuBrow lives on.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Quiet Skynyrd

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

They should tour with WASP(who could promote babylon some more,that album is awesome)

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

I would put Quiet Riot on the B list as to there merits in the genre. Even in Dubrow's final years they were a tremendous live band. Metal Health, regardless of the hits that came off it, was a classic album start to finish. By no means should sales be a measure of merit. Condition Critical went platinum as well but was not a strong effort. You can look at bands like Winger and White Lion and they had both had 2 platinum records each. What hurt QR was the fact that they followed up MH with the lackluster CC and then a terrible effort with QRIII. By the time the reunited, after the one off with the new lead singer, no one gave Terrified a chance but that was a killer record. Down to the Bone followed it up and while it wasn't as strong it was very solid. As usual it is the body of work that came later (that no one gave a chance) that actually vindicates them as a solid band as opposed to their initial success. I would like to know how many people who have posted in this thread have actually heard Terrified and Down to the Bone?
                    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Who cares...

The only guy that mattered in Quiet Riot was DuBrow and he's DEAD...

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                        Veteran
                        • Jun 2005

I hope you didn't put your banjo down to give us that stunning news.
                        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

LMAO!

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                            They should tour with WASP(who could promote babylon some more,that album is awesome)
                            This is pretty good but the fake drums are annoying...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/33V6SopSOLM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/33V6SopSOLM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Dear Quiet Riot,

I think it's great you've reformed and are recording/touring again. Haters gonna hate!

Sincerely,
                              Axl W. Rose
                              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

These older rock guy's just can't give it up sometimes !!! I don't blame them. They have too make a living somehow. They use their old band name's too get good paying gigs in clubs. A average fan has no clue until the show that Kevin has been dead 3 years or that Johnny Laine isn't the singer in Warrant anymore !!

Comment

Working...