Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The DVD is out already? I thought they were going to hold that up for the Xmas market and release the film to the theaters (including an IMAX version) first. Or at least that was the story when the re-release was announced a few months ago.

Oops, never mind. It seems they did that last week. Had a one night showing on the 16th. Goddamn it, that's what I get for not subscribing to the local shitty newspaper. Didn't hear a thing about it.
    Last edited by FORD; 09-25-2010, 03:54 PM.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      The DVD is out already? I thought they were going to hold that up for the Xmas market and release the film to the theaters (including an IMAX version) first. Or at least that was the story when the re-release was announced a few months ago.
      Last I heard was an October release for it in the U.S. Perhaps it is earlier in the U.K.?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VHscraps
        Veteran
        • Jul 2009

Ah, I just bought a UK magazine today (Uncut) and it's got ads for it in there. Only noticed 'cos I never knew a thing about it getting an official release, but never checked the release date - let me check it if is actually out now or in the next month or whatever ...

... ah, October 11th in the UK, it says. Two weeks. Deluxe edition of DVDs Ladies and Gentlemen, Stones in Exile, and a Bonus DVD of previously unreleased material.

It's interesting that the Stones seem to have documented most of their tours. And this is decades before DVD, and the opportunity to sell this in the way that happens now. They just filmed every tour, from probably 1969 onwards.
        THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
          I have to disagree with that one. It's not like they were trying to "replace" Freddie..it was more like a collaboration that actually worked. They didn't pull a Journey and find some third-rate pudwack soundalike...Paul Rodgers was a legend going in.

It was "Queen and Paul Rodgers". It was even printed on the ticket stub that way! People knew what they were getting, and they didn't disgrace a legacy by pretending that it was anything more than what it was....a singer without a band, and a band without a singer that just decided to get together and jam. I don't see anything wrong with that.

What actually surprised me was how well the music of both bands fused together. They made it look easy.

Nobody was trying to replace anybody. It was just a few legends kicking some ass....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cgSPsSOICE0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cgSPsSOICE0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
          amen!
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• dazzlindino
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2009

I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Comment

• Steve Savicki
              • Jan 2004

Who needs to hang it up?
              Gary Cherone
              Sammy Hagar
              Michael Anthony
              Alex Van Halen
              Eddie Van Halen
              David Lee Roth
              sigpic

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                  Who needs to hang it up?
                  Gary Cherone
                  Sammy Hagar
                  Michael Anthony
                  Alex Van Halen
                  Eddie Van Halen
                  David Lee Roth
                  Hey steve..

go eat a big heaping pile of shit, seriously.

Roth can do whatever the fuck he wants, where ever the fuck he wants. It's pretty damn obvious that you are not a fan and just some lame gay ass autistic troll. and the sole reason you are even still at this site because you've kissed hitch's ass.

Also your musical tastes suck big floppy donkey dick, seriously, Go take a look at my sig and what you've said in the past.

Also, prove me wrong on ANY OF THIS. Seriously. I doubt you will. And I know your gloryhole buddy gar will stick up for you and go on about how your this "Big Roth fan". I call bullshit. You are NOT one of us,, you're a fucking autistic loser from Arizona. GTFO out NOW.
                  Last edited by Unchainme; 09-27-2010, 12:37 AM.
                  Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                    and the sole reason you are even still at this site because you've kissed hitch's ass.
                    Steve is obsessed with Hitch's penis avatars...
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Iron Maiden should probably give it a rest now,Or at least give recording new stuff a break.I am sure i heard they were going to call it quits after the new album(validation anyone?).
                      I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                        Iron Maiden should probably give it a rest now,Or at least give recording new stuff a break.I am sure i heard they were going to call it quits after the new album(validation anyone?).
                        That's ridiculous.

You think Iron Maiden should hang it up because they write new music then refuse to go out and play a "Greatest hits" set?

That's the exact opposite of all of the bands who SHOULD hang it up.

As much as I would love to go see Maiden do a set of classics, I respect the fact that they're still trying to move forward.

I still think their new album is brilliant as well, finally getting somewhere near their potential.
                        sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                          That's ridiculous.

You think Iron Maiden should hang it up because they write new music then refuse to go out and play a "Greatest hits" set?

As much as I would love to go see Maiden do a set of classics, I respect the fact that they're still trying to move forward.

I still think their new album is brilliant as well, finally getting somewhere near their potential.
                          oooohhh yeeaahh! i was front row 12 feb 2008 brisbane, which was essentially a set of classics.

an unforgettable experience. and i've seen them since '82. (again front row, how lucky am i?)

the somewhere back in time tour, as chronicled in the critically acclaimed flight 666 movie.

now, they bring this awesome album that is as relevant as any new music i've heard in the last 5 years,

and they're touring it. if that's not real, cutting edge, and still important after all these years, some one will kindly explain it to me

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                            That's ridiculous.

i just feel there is only so much galloping bass,slow intro into a heavy song and three guitar solo's without them all sounding the same.I also respect the fact that they're still trying to move forward,but do you go to a gig and get all giddy about a bands musical integrity or about the set and how they play?
                            I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                            Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                              i just feel there is only so much galloping bass,slow intro into a heavy song and three guitar solo's without them all sounding the same.I also respect the fact that they're still trying to move forward,but do you go to a gig and get all giddy about a bands musical integrity or about the set and how they play?
                              No.

But I understand that if they don't go out and play the new stuff the NOONE will ever buy into it.

You just know that if a band brings an album out, then tours and plays hardly any new songs that even they don't believe in their new material.

How did the 80's live classics achieve their status?

Because they got played live.

I'm pretty sure that when, for example, "The Trooper" came into the set as a new song and something like "Prowler" got dropped, people got pissed cos they weren't playing the "old stuff".

I just don't understand why you think Maiden should hang it up when they are still delivering on all fronts.
                              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Personally I think they should have stopped when Paul Di'Anno left...

Comment

Working...