X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

HomeEntertainment Music Bon Jovi up for hall of fame induction

Associated Press NEW YORK, N.Y.—It could be a blaze of glory for Bon Jovi at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The Jersey boys are up for possible induction in the hallowed hall, along with first-timers Donovan, Dr. John, Alice Cooper and Neil Diamond.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame released its list of nominees Tuesday. There were some familiar names: Darlene Love, LL Cool J, Donna Summer and the Beastie Boys have been up for the prestigious honour before.

Other previous nominees include the J. Geils Band; Tom Waits; Chuck Willis; Chic and Joe Tex.

To be eligible for the hall, an act must have released its first batch of music at least 25 years ago.

Inductees will be revealed in December, and the ceremony will be in March in New York City.
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

More fucking importantly, ALICE COOPER is finally nominated! WAYYYYYY to long a wait.
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• hambon4lif
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

If Bon Jovi get in before Cheap Trick, it will be a prime example of just how fucking stupid and irrelevant the RNRHOF really is.....

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
        More fucking importantly, ALICE COOPER is finally nominated! WAYYYYYY to long a wait.
        I agree. Not sure about Neil Diamond but I'm glad to see his name as well.

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by hambon4lif
          If Bon Jovi get in before Cheap Trick, it will be a prime example of just how fucking stupid and irrelevant the RNRHOF really is.....
          Good point. J. Geils Band but in but no Cheap Trick. I never totally agree with these lists.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
            I agree. Not sure about Neil Diamond but I'm glad to see his name as well.
            Neil Diamond was a successful songwriter before he started making his own records. Of course the most famous band to record his songs was The Monkees, and I don't think they're in the RRHOF either. I'd say Neil gets in for anything he recorded up until about 1973 or so (all his stuff on UNI records was worthy)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And yeah, Cheap Trick deserves the nomination far more than either J.Geils or Bon Jovi. I give Bon Jovi some credit for being able to survive where other hair band cheese balladeers didn't, and to keep making new music for their fans, but no way in fucking Hell should they get in on the first ballot. Let them wait a few years for it.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                And yeah, Cheap Trick deserves the nomination far more than either J.Geils or Bon Jovi. I give Bon Jovi some credit for being able to survive where other hair band cheese balladeers didn't, and to keep making new music for their fans, but no way in fucking Hell should they get in on the first ballot. Let them wait a few years for it.

Cheap Trick deserves it more than most the bands in there.

Please don't suffer through much of this. But you guys will love the comments. Do yourself a favor & check them out.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xqh5YtjTz7Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xqh5YtjTz7Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

And now time for some cleansing of your ears. Fucking great version!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsnKaLC4eho?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FsnKaLC4eho?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

KISS, Chicago, Boston, Doobies, RUSH.....

I could go on....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfbOHebiBgw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfbOHebiBgw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Jagermeister
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        KISS, Chicago, Boston, Doobies, RUSH.....

I could go on....
                        Yes indeed.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Geezus that was a horrible cover
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• hambon4lif
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                            <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xqh5YtjTz7Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xqh5YtjTz7Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                            ...It's shit like this that makes me wish the Earth would just fly into the fucking Sun!

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Hail, hail Alice Cooper. I have a bad feeling Bon Jovi is going to go in first try just because of record sales.
                              I'm kind of surprised Kiss wasn't renominated. What gives?
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

Working...