• Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
    The ticket prices are too damn high.

Most music made today isn't worth stealing for free.
    those are unpopular opinions?
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ELVIS
      I just realized that song is canned Forever...

Good live ozzy vocals...

In Europe it was Forever but in the US Journey to blah blah.

Not sure why, read somewhere it was to do with a Y&T song having the same name but that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
        Yeah, but without Iommi, Osbourne would be...
        I said best guitarist, not best writer, most influential, best at starting your career or even best person to share a light aircraft with.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
          "Sex and religion" was pretty good.
          i didn't like Vai's tone on that and i didn't think much of the vocals, either.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Um, quit selling out dead rock stars with endless amounts of "re-issues" "re-masters" or "unforeseen footage" of their previous accomplishments. Yesterday, it was Hendrix, today it's John Lennon.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              I just realized that song is canned Forever...

Good live ozzy vocals...

Ozzy almost sounds sober there. Must have been shortly after one of his rehab stints.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express

We should load Madonna in a rocket and launch her into outer space. The 80's was a long time ago.
                If Madonna isn't relevant any more, where does that leave Van Halen...?

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Madonna's pop stuff became much better after she took singing lessons for the Evita flick.

that's gotta be an unpopular opinion...

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

[QUOTE=Coyote;1495377]
                    And who the fuck is Justin Bieber, and why the fuck should I care 'bout him?

He's a kid who is good at collecting a bottle to the noggin on stage, and that in itself is damn fine entertainment.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      Madonna's pop stuff became much better after she took singing lessons for the Evita flick.

that's gotta be an unpopular opinion...
                      actually you're right.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Very odd thing with Madonna is she seems to be able to sing fine live when she's dancing but when she stops and talks to the crowd she's panting out of breath.

Funny that...

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          Very odd thing with Madonna is she seems to be able to sing fine live when she's dancing but when she stops and talks to the crowd she's panting out of breath.

Funny that...
                          Not really, as I read somewhere that she breathes through her nose or at times not at all when she sings. Apparently she learned this mastery of breathing while taking Deep Throat lessons for a stag film before she got famous. At least that's how I remember the story. After all , it was the eighties.
                          Last edited by chefcraig; 10-28-2010, 03:04 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                            The first two Def Leppard albums were their best work. Pyromania and Hysteria were total shite (intentional misspelling with a word commonly used in the DUMP)!
                            absolutely. Much more raw.

it's good to see others who see Metalica as shit. The only time I liked them is when I saw Cliff play, and their job on the Mercury tribute which tells me maybe they aren't bad players, just their writing is lame. Nah, they're bad players too.

No ripping on Gibson guitars ! I don't like em either but the tone we got from early albums was tremendous.

Whenever I hear Michael Stipe whine through losing my whiny religion I want to shoot things. Shut up and be in the fucking corner already.

Yes Jake E Lee is terribly underrated. How could he possibly follow the first 2 Oz solo albums, the tunes alone are bombproof.

However with regard to CC Deville at least live you might catch him being incontinent onstage from too much blow, and that carries entertainment value. (how the fuck did I want Action tonight get greenlighted for a song?) demographic 8 year olds?

and yes friends, Triumph was the template for the gayest van hagar songs. funny as hell dog puppet though.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              Not really, as I read somewhere that she breathes through her nose or at times not at all when she sings. Apparently she learned this mastery of breathing while taking Deep Throat lessons for a stag film before she got famous. At least that's how I remember the story. After all , it was the eighties.
                              Well either she can sing without breathing or she mimes, you decide.

Actually this probably does count as an unpopular music opinion at this site but I quite liked Ray of Light for some reason.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                Well either she can sing without breathing or she mimes, you decide.

Actually this probably does count as an unpopular music opinion at this site but I quite liked Ray of Light for some reason.
                                It's most likely a mixture of the two. She probably has an on/off switch for the backing track to kick in whenever she needs it, hidden someplace not readily apparent. And yes, she has a couple of OK tunes, thus proving the concept that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...