X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Double Post
    Last edited by chefcraig; 03-30-2011, 06:52 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

About 4 and a half minutes of insane boogie bliss, with Tommy Bolin duking it out with Jan Hammer and Lee Sklar pumping away before he disappeared into James Taylor's backing band. The very first time I heard Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher", I wondered if the brothers had been listening to an old Billy Cobham album, as the two tracks are remarkably similar in places.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• 78/84 guy
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Apr 2005

Ed was a huge Bolin fan !! They did do one of his tunes in the clubs. My buddy who worked for a local guitar shop introduced Tommy's brother Johnnie to Eddie backstage in the early 80's and Eddie wouldn't shake his hand and walked away !! Fuckin little prick !! That story still pisses me off !!

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

And one talented junkie

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Eh, not so big on this but I just think Pensa-Shure guitars are sexy. (And I really like the way Chet walks all over Knopfler towards the end of the tune.)

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Okay, screw that. Now this.

I'd jump Jack White's bones anytime anyplace if he wasn't already married

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

Since we are now on Chick Music (Elvis's severed head comes thrown in my direction) *ducks.

Some old school sounds at least. Crack a beer and see if it works. One of their stronger efforts I think:

(Studio) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4HBf...eature=related

Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2006

Full version of The Rockford Files theme song by Mike Post and Pete Carpenter. It's either Larry Charlton or Pete Carr on guitar.
                        Of course Mike Post also went on to co-produce VH III w/ EVH, oops...

"Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
                          Full version of The Rockford Files theme song by Mike Post and Pete Carpenter. It's either Larry Charlton or Pete Carr on guitar.
                          Of course Mike Post also went on to co-produce VH III w/ EVH, oops...
                          That is the single version, which differs from the one used for the show. Post rerecorded the tune and released it as a single in the early seventies. Larry Carlton played on yet another version of the song, recorded for a 1982 album Post released featuring extremely awful remakes of his tv theme songs.

The amount of work Post did for VH III came down to recording the piano part for the album's opening, and little else. Warner Brothers refused to let Edward Van Halen produce the album (one listen to it explains why), so Post (one of Ed's golf buddies) agreed to lend his name to the project. You can imagine that Mr. Post will never make such a mistake again, even though the album sold so poorly that outside of a handful of VH fans, nobody noticed his involvement.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

Then you should not be with me.

Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-10-2011, 05:41 PM. Reason: I think this is a kick ass song.
                            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

1983. Weird Word Song.

You can hear why Eddie calls himself a rythem* Guitarist. *whythem?
                              Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-12-2011, 08:20 PM. Reason: Ford might even like this.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

I'm pretty sure that is the track he broke a string on, but kept on playing anyway.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...