Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

I don't think it's as balanced as AMOLAD.

BNW is definitely the best of the reunion albums though. No question.

I've always found DOD to be difficult, however.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• rocking ron
      Head Fluffer
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by binnie
      I don't think it's as balanced as AMOLAD.

BNW is definitely the best of the reunion albums though. No question.

I've always found DOD to be difficult, however.
      And what about the older stuff (with Bruce) , I mean before the Blaze period and after the first two with Paul Díanno !!

I think I still like Number of the Beast most but Piece of Mind and Powerslave were also.....

Somewhere in Time??? Difficult choice, no I really go for The Number of the Beast!!!

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

I actually like 'Seventh Son...' the most. 'Powerslave' is their best record overall, however.

Comment

• rocking ron
          Head Fluffer
          • Sep 2010

They've played in Holland a couple of weeks ago ( 8 June ) and it was a good show!!!

Opener for them that night was the English metalcore band named : RISE TO REMAIN , with vocalist Austin Dickinson , son of ........................ yes indeed,

Bruce Dickinson and of what I've heard it wasn't bad at all!!??

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Supposed to be a big Maiden announcement today...

Get ready for a big announcement from Iron Maiden on Monday at 9 PM GMT (4 PM EST). The only clue offered by the group came on Twitter where they said "It's not a tour announcement and it's not a DVD announcement either. It will be something brought to you by the letter H...."

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Letter H... maybe the 'big' announcement is that Steve Harris' daughter has a new CD coming out... LOL!

Comment

• Pennypacker
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2009

A few days ago, Iron Maiden teased metalheads worldwide on their official website with the promise of an important announcement for Monday, Jan. 2 at 9PM GMT (4PM EST). We can now officially report the news that Iron Maiden guitarist Adrian Smith has released the new track ‘I See Lights’ with his side project Primal Rock Rebellion.

Iron Maiden made a bit of a game out of the good news. The heavy metal legends posted that the announcement would be ”something of primal interest to all Maiden fans.” Some Maiden fans had successfully deciphered the code from the band’s strategic placement of the word “primal,” but most were anxiously awaiting today’s announcement from the band, even crashing the site for a few moments. Maiden also narrowed things down on their Twitter account, saying, “It’s not a tour announcement and it’s not a DVD announcement either. It will be something brought to you by the letter H.”

The newest version of Primal Rock Rebellion features Smith and former SikTh frontman Mikee Goodman with a handful of session musicians contributing to the forthcoming album include Abi Fry of Bat For Lashes and original SikTh member Dan ‘Lord’ Foord. Smith plays bass and all the songs were co-written by Adrian and Mikee.

‘I See Lights’ is the first song ever released by Primal Rock Rebellion and takes a dark and dissonant turn into groove/sludge metal territory. Smith’s guitar work is very identifiable within the song, his roots within his Iron Maiden style can be found creeping into the new project.

Smith had this to say about the collaboration, “It was interesting doing this album with Mikee not least because we have quite different influences. I was really pleased with the way it turned out. It has a really fresh feel to it.”

Mikee weighed in too, saying, “This album takes you on a really deep and colorful journey, lyrically and musically. Adrian and I were both very open to experimenting with each others’ musical styles and influences, which we feel created something new and exciting.”

Primal Rock Rebellion’s first ever release will be officially unleashed on Feb. 27 through Spinefarm Records.

Comment

• SparkieD
                  Veteran
                  • Sep 2006

At first I was worried when I saw the announcement, but when they said the letter "H," I knew Adrian was up to something, as most die-hard Maiden fans do. I've liked all of his work outside Maiden (Urchin/ASAP, and Psycho Motel) but "I See Lights" sucks all kinds of ass. It sounds not one iota like groove metal to these ears.
                  Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                  Originally posted by rustoffa
                  Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by SparkieD
                    At first I was worried when I saw the announcement, but when they said the letter "H," I knew Adrian was up to something, as most die-hard Maiden fans do. I've liked all of his work outside Maiden (Urchin/ASAP, and Psycho Motel) but "I See Lights" sucks all kinds of ass. It sounds not one iota like groove metal to these ears.
                    ASAP was rather cool wasn't it?
                    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Mr Walker
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper North American Tour

02/16/2012
                      Iron Maiden are returning to North America this year for another "history of Iron Maiden" tour, this time recapturing the set from the Maiden England concert movie filmed during the 1988 Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son Tour.

The tour kicks off on June 21st in Charlotte, NC and the first month of the trek will feature Alice Cooper as a special guest (until July 21st) and Coheed and Cambria taking over after that.

Here is the official word with the initial dates: This opening section of the World Tour is the band's most extensive visit to North America for many years and includes a number of cities the band have not played in a very long time, such as Charlotte, Atlanta, Buffalo, Indianapolis and Salt Lake City.

Maiden England marks the third chapter in the History of Iron Maiden, a journey which began in 2004 with The Early Days DVD and subsequent 2005 Early Days Tour. Part Two followed in 2008 with the Live After Death DVD - the seminal 1984 concert recorded at Long Beach Arena (L.A) during the World Slavery Tour - and the band embarking on their groundbreaking Somewhere Back In Time World Tour 2008/9, which saw them play to over two million fans in almost 40 countries.

Comments vocalist Bruce Dickinson, "We have great fun playing the History of Maiden Tours because it gives us an opportunity between new albums to go out and play songs from our earlier catalogue. It's always fantastic seeing the crowd reaction from a new generation of fans who have never experienced some of these tracks performed live before, and of course we know our longstanding fans will enjoy seeing the original Seventh Son Tour re-visited - with many other surprises! Our intention is to play about two thirds of the original track list of Maiden England (shown below*), including some songs we have not played live in a very,very long time, plus other favourites we just know the fans are going to want to hear! We always try to give our fans a great show musically, but we have always tried to make it as entertaining and memorable an experience as we can visually. And we all feel this show is going to do that splendidly! We can't wait to get started in Charlotte".

21st June Charlotte, NC Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
                      23rd June Atlanta, GA Aarons Amphitheatre
                      26th June Boston, MA Comcast Center
                      27th June Wantagh, NY Jones Beach
                      29th June Philadelphia, PI Susquehanna Bank Center
                      30th June Washington, DC Jiffy Lube Live
                      2nd July Newark, NJ Prudential Center
                      5th July Chicago, IL First Midwest Bank
                      8th July Quebec, QC Colisee Pepsi Arena
                      11th July Montreal, QC Bell Center
                      13th July Toronto, ON Molson Amphitheatre
                      14th July Sarnia, ON Bayfest
                      16th July Buffalo, NY Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
                      18th July Detroit, MI DTE Music Theatre
                      19th July Indianapolis, IN Klipsch Music Centre
                      24th July Winnipeg, MB MTS Center
                      26th July Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
                      27th July Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
                      29th July Vancouver, BC Pacific Coliseum
                      30th July Auburn, WA White River Amphitheatre
                      1st August Salt Lake City, UT USANA Amphitheatre
                      3rd August San Francisco, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
                      6th August Phoenix, AZ Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion
                      9th August Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
                      12th August Albuquerque. NM Hard Rock Pavilion
                      13th August Denver, CO Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
                      15th August San Antonio, TX AT&T Center
                      17th August Dallas, TX Gexa Energy Pavilion
                      18th August Houston, TX The Woodlands

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

I will go see Alice/Maiden this summer!

Comment

• binnie
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2006

Maiden England!

Ahhhh....the memories. That was one my first 'metal' purchases as a young lad.

Comment

• SparkieD
                            Veteran
                            • Sep 2006

I am so fucking HAPPY about this that I had to change my panties when I heard! They haven't played nearby in forever. Now, just like Van Halen in '07, they are opening the tour in my neck of the woods! Halley-fuckin'-luya!!!
                            Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                            Originally posted by rustoffa
                            Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

Maiden were great last year for the FF tour .....
                              Gotta be a Charlotte the harlot gag in here somewere (in time)
                              fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• gbranton
                                Veteran
                                • Aug 2005

I would love to catch that Atlanta show.
                                "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...