Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockhead
    Roadie
    • Jan 2006

Ash, that must mean you saw during the "Beast on the Road" tour, what was the gig like if oyu remember.Apparrently NOTB was number 1 in OZ in 82 but i didnt think they had a huge fanbase at that stage.

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

unbelievable mate. i was 14, mum drove me and my mate to the gig at the capitol in sydney... general admission so me and steve ran down the very front with a whole bunch of bikies who looked after us all night. first time i smelled pot and saw titties.

the show was great, light rig from hell, memory serves me they played the whole notb album and some older stuff. we went again the next night.

edit; both nights were full house. again from memory (?) $14 a ticket.

Comment

• rockhead
        Roadie
        • Jan 2006

I really envy you seeing them.I at least have Beast Over hammersmith to get a feel as to what the show would have been like.I only saw them for the first time in 08 and that remains the best concert ive ever been to!.Did you end up[ getting any merch that night.

This is supposedly the tour shirt from that oz tour http://joeydabox.weebly.com/1982.html

Comment

• ashstralia
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Feb 2004

yeah the shirt with camo sleeves looks familiar... after the tickets, i couldn't afford a shirt.

we were front row brisvegas in 08; great show, ay mate?!!!

bruce is just legendary. the british DLR i always say...

Comment

• rockhead
            Roadie
            • Jan 2006

I agree Maiden would be my number 1 band.I didnt see them in 92 but i sure made up for it, it was such a great nite, but im sure they will be here in feb 2013 on the Maiden England tour.Ill be betting Feb, as they toured here in Feb 08 then feb 2011, so we may have a pattern.

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

they know they're well loved here mate. flight 666 certainly shows that. and everyone walking outta the show arm in arm with their new 20 best friends to the strains of 'always look on the bright side of life'?

fucking genius.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Kinda gutted that on the Maiden England tour there is not one date in england .I would very much like to see Maiden again
                I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

DB; surely there's a strong fanbase in england for maiden. you'll see em.

you might have to buy nicko a pint, though.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                    ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Maiden are an institution over here so it is just a matter of time.Feels like forever since i have been to a gig.I would buy nicko a pint,I did catch a signed drum skin when i last saw them so it would be a neat way to say thanks

Comment

• rockhead
                      Roadie
                      • Jan 2006

DB Im sure they will do a UK tour no doubt, just like they played at the O2 on the FF tour.They have only listed the US dates but this tour will be like the SBIT tour in 08 so they will go everywhere, i will not miss this tour with this setlist for the world.Im sure they will release the rest of the world dates in due course.........has Maidens popularity dipped much in the UK or is the fanbase still strong as ever?, like are there alot of poms still wearing old school Maiden shirts?

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

They'd be foolish not to take the tour around the UK - easy money.
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

exactly bin; and foolish they aint.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                            ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by rockhead
                            has Maidens popularity dipped much in the UK or is the fanbase still strong as ever?, like are there alot of poms still wearing old school Maiden shirts?
                            I don't think Maidens popularity will ever dip in the UK.Every time i have a night out or go to a gig there is always a handful of people in faded tour shirts who go crazy at the mention of Maiden.

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                              Every time i have a night out or go to a gig there is always a handful of people in faded tour shirts who go crazy at the mention of Maiden.
                              haha! i AM one of those people...

Comment

• SparkieD
                                Veteran
                                • Sep 2006

I've seen 'em 13 times, but it's been a long time since I have so I am fucking ecstatic over this tour. I'm shocked that they are even coming anywhere nearby since it feels like forever since they've been here, but I am in complete disbelief that I get to see the first show of the tour!

One of the best nights of my entire life was on the World Slavery Tour. I saw them several times on that tour, but in Charlotte, I was the only girl in the front row, and Dave Murray threw me his sweat band. He motioned to the security guy in the pit to make sure nobody got it from me. I swear, I almost cried.
                                Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                                Originally posted by rustoffa
                                Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

Working...