Blizzard and Diary Expanded Vinyl in April??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tojoro
    Head Fluffer
    • Dec 2009

Blizzard and Diary Expanded Vinyl in April??

Let's see where the Osbournes go with this one:

Ozzy Osbourne Named The Record Store Day Ambassador 2011

February 22, 2011

Record Store Day is proud to announce the appointment of Ozzy Osbourne as the Record Store Day Ambassador 2011. "I now have the power to command you to attend Record Store Day, April 16th. Be there!" Go to http://www.recordstoreday.com right now for a special message from the Ambassador himself.

As one of the most iconic figures in pop culture, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee and multi-Grammy winner Ozzy Osbourne has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide, approximately 50 million with his seminal metal band Black Sabbath and the rest as a solo artist, many of which were initially released on vinyl. On any given day you can hear Ozzy's music blasting at sporting events, in the movies, on the radio, in TV commercials, video games or on your iPod.

The folks at Record Store Day couldn't be more pleased than to have this true rock legend whose career has spanned four decades and whose music continues to be relevant today, as evidenced by 2010's SCREAM (Ozzy's 10th solo album, which entered the charts in the Top Ten in seven countries) and his in-progress 18-month world tour--as this year's ambassador. "The Record Store Day Ambassador's main purpose is to claim the mantle of greatness that conveys the majesty of the amazing array of releases made on the world's only holiday devoted to music. We were thrilled when the inaugural position was held in 2009 by the Eagles of Death Metal front man Jesse "Boots Electric" Hughes, and was then followed in 2010 by QOTSA/Them Crooked Vultures' Joshua Homme," says Record Store Day co-founder Michael Kurtz. "We really didn't know who could top this trajectory of camp and circumstance and, needless to say, we were gobsmacked when Ozzy stepped up to the plate."

Ozzy fans who come out to support Record Store Day will have the first chance to purchase a special 7" vinyl single of Diary of a Madman's "Flying High Again" (with a live version of "I Don't Know" as the B side), along with full-length vinyl versions of the newly expanded 30th anniversary editions of his Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman albums.

Long revered by rock fans around the world, Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman form the cornerstone of Ozzy Osbourne's career as a solo artist and include the groundbreaking union of Ozzy and the late guitar prodigy Randy Rhoads. These two albums created a template for hard rock in the 1980's and beyond. "Crazy Train," the first single from Blizzard of Ozz, has become one of Ozzy's musical signatures, a perennial on the rock playlists and as part of Ozzy's live performances. 30 years later, we are celebrating these releases and this special partnership.

For more information on exclusive Record Store Day events, products and participants, visit http://www.recordstoreday.com

Record Store Day is managed by the Music Monitor Network and is organized in partnership with the Alliance of Independent Media Stores (AIMS), the Coalition of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) and celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale. Record Store Day takes place annually on the third Saturday of April.

Record Store Day Sponsors: Crosley Radio, EMI Distribution, Fontana Distribution, Furnace MFG, NARM, RED Distribution, Sony Music, Universal Music Distribution, Vivendi Entertainment, WEA Distribution, Alternative Distribution Alliance and Warner Bros. Records.

Courtesy of http://www.sleazeroxx.com and http://www.recordstoreday.com

Could be the start of something good, could be another let down...who knows??

T.
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

They are now selling us the thing that we all bought in the first place but that they stopped us buying for years?

It's like soap powder where they say 'New Improved Original'.

Maybe the audiophiles can comment but I always thought that the quality of a 7" was much less than 12" so is there any point at all in a vinyl single these days?

Comment

• Mr Badguy
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Expanded?

What does that mean?

Are we going to get bonus rehersal tracks or alternate takes?

I wouldn't mind having a CD copy of the "Live EP".
      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think they come with a booklet detailing all the cosmetic surgery for his wife the albums paid for.

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
          Expanded?

What does that mean?

Are we going to get bonus rehersal tracks or alternate takes?

I wouldn't mind having a CD copy of the "Live EP".
          How can you "expand" vinyl, unless adding a second record? The CDs could be a different story, including studio chatter and outtakes, like the bit of Randy working on "Dee" from the Tribute album. There were a few mentions at Braveworlds last year, but since then, nothing:

Exclusive Update: OZZY OSBOURNE - Blizzard, Diary 30th Anniversary Editions Due Out By US Thanksgiving; Randy Rhoads Video Footage Being Worked On

Rarities
          Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 17:52:56 EST

As previously reported by BLACK SABBATH News last week, 30th Anniversary Editions of OZZY OSBOURNE's first two legendary solo albums featuring the late guitarist Randy Rhoads - Blizzard Of Ozz (1980) and Diary Of A Madman (1981) - are due out later this year.

"They definitely are coming out this year," Sharon Osbourne told BraveWords.com a few hours ago today (May 19th). "They are coming out for (US) Thanksgiving and they will be on the market then. It's going back to the original recordings with (Bob) Daisley (bass) and (Lee) Kerslake (drums). And there will be a lot of stuff that you haven't heard before in the packages. Like certain conversations that were going on in the studio with the guys just messing around while the tape was still rolling. All of that will be added into it."

Ozzy added jokingly - "Do I sing good?"

Sharon - "Fabulous!"

There's also talk of some visuals in the archives with Randy Rhoads? "There's two shows that we have in the archives that we are working on right now," Sharon reveals. "Of course in those days, the tapes were like twenty minutes and then you had to change the tape. So we're trying to clean it up, make sense of it. So we are working on it, along with another film we have of Randy. It will all be boxed together and it should be a great piece to have for a real fan. It will be an amazing piece."

Since their initial release twenty-three years ago, Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman have sold over 10 million copies worldwide.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Hmmm...

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I wonder when they are going to stop talking about cashing on Randy and start doing it. I am sure they will fuck it up somehow.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

Well lets see. I have the Jet originals on cd. Then i have the first remasters on cd. Then i have the Epic fake versions. If they put a 4th version out on cd, you would think i wouldn't go buy it since if have 3 versions already. But i'll be the first dumb son of a bitch in the parking lot.
                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

What else it there to do, get excited about a new Van Halen album without Michael Anthony ??

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    What else it there to do, get excited about a new Van Halen album without Michael Anthony ??
                    Pretty much sums it up....
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Funny how there's zero information out there concerning exactly what is included in these so-called "expanded" editions of the albums. It will be the restored original versions of the recordings with Daisley & Kerslake, which is a good thing. Presumably they will throw in the one or two "rare" tracks from that era that have been floating around in cyberspace ever since the glory days of Napster. That wouldn't be much of an "expansion" though. I already bought the last REAL remasters of these albums, so I'm not giving Sharon more money if it's just for one or two songs that weren't all that spectacular in the first place.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

The O$bournes will NOT see another dime from me. I will download the new/old shit ....
                        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I wonder what happened to the tapes from that 1980 show?

They wouldn't just have recorded three songs.
                            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• indeedido
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

sometimes there's a reason some songs weren't released. Those are not good, sound like throwaways.
                              This space for rent.

Comment

Working...