Blizzard and Diary Expanded Vinyl in April??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tojoro
    Head Fluffer
    • Dec 2009

Same here, Jag...when they rolled into Boston, they still had Bernie with them. My older brother sold the tickets, as we both agreed it wasn't gonna be that good.
    Nothing against Bernie, but my brother had seen them three other times with Randy on the Blizzard tour and couldn't wait to take me. I was fourteen at the time.

The Osbournes are filthy fucking rich...that IRS fine was a sneeze to them...how hard is it to spread the wealth to the people who helped build that mansion, (in their case plural), on the hill?
    The legacies of four men and the fans suffer due to one asshole's spiteful pissing contest.
    Suckville.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by tojoro
      Same here, Jag...when they rolled into Boston, they still had Bernie with them. My older brother sold the tickets, as we both agreed it wasn't gonna be that good.
      Nothing against Bernie, but my brother had seen them three other times with Randy on the Blizzard tour and couldn't wait to take me. I was fourteen at the time.

The Osbournes are filthy fucking rich...that IRS fine was a sneeze to them...how hard is it to spread the wealth to the people who helped build that mansion, (in their case plural), on the hill?
      The legacies of four men and the fans suffer due to one asshole's spiteful pissing contest.
      Suckville.
      Wasn't there some more DOAM tour footage with Randy that also didn't get included in the DVD because Sharon offered the owner a pittance for it? From everything I've heard about Randy as a person (from people who actually knew him), imagining (as some of them also speculated) he'd be waaaaaaay pissed at Sharon these days. She's not "protecting" his legacy - she's tarnishing it, IMO.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Listening to some of the CD now. tojoro what do you think?

It really has a totally different sound even tone. No Bone Movies sounds I don't know wrong somehow. It's great just takes some getting use to. Because I have had these songs BURNED into my mind litteraly from listening to them over and over again for 30 years. This somehow just sounds wrong after that. No doubt you can hear the notes much much better. It's all very clear sounding.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's revisionist history at best, not only are the obvious suspects ignored, (Bob & Lee), but how about Don Airey and Johnny Cook, (keys on Blizzard and Diary respectively),...Where is Max Norman..
          Sharon probably owes all of those people money.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
            This really is a must have for any real Rhodes fans regardless.
            Def. true. But if you cuntinue mis-spelling Rhoads you may be barred from this thread...
            Last edited by Diamondjimi; 06-01-2011, 07:00 PM.
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• tojoro
              Head Fluffer
              • Dec 2009

Sorry, Jag...had to bail. We actually have had a couple/few tornadoes touch down in Massachusetts, so I shut the computer down, as lightning strikes were abound!
              I recall Tommy Aldridge once claiming he had boxes of soundboard tapes that were better than the Tribute show...he says he had an off night that show and so didn't Randy.
              Even though Sharon is a complete douche, it has been alluded to that anything related to her son is a very hard sell to Mrs. Rhoads. Anything that might show him in an unprofessional or amatueruish light is a no-no.
              She always seems very gracious in her appreciation of the fans keeping her son's memory alive, but we're fucking starving out here. She seems to fear that we'd all think badly of her if she were to license merchandise with his name and/or image...as if she were making money off her dead kid.
              So, she goes for very high quality with a price tag to match. Not all of us play guitar The Les Paul, The Jackson and Marshall are nice, but holy fuck!
              She should have let DuBrow release the two QR albumms. They aren't his best moments, but they are part of the tale of who Randy was to become.
              She should liscense photo books like the one Zloz did with VH and the forthcoming EVH.
              She should let Ozzy release what he has.
              She should liscense items that are accessible to all of Randy's fans, not just those in the upper tax brackets.
              Sharon had said once that they were sitting on a lot of stuff, but couldn't do anything with any of it. No one wants to say it, but Delores is the 800 lb. gorilla in the room. It's morbid, but folks are waiting for her to pass. "The changing of the guard" as it were.
              Peter Margolis wanted to make a film telling an honest story about this man, as he wasn't quite the angel his legend has made him out to be.
              He was a young, popular, talented kid on the L.A. strip in the mid-late 70's...there's a pretty good chance he did some blow, drank too much and got some head out by the dumpster. I think the film wanted to touch on some of that, within reason, and she balked. Now it sits shelved somewhere.
              I'm lovin the audio Jag. If the experts in the community ever get the date and/or venue nailed down...I'll be sure to share that here. Som think it could be a conglomeration of different shows, but it does sound too even.
              Sarzo did mention in his book about a show that was recorded for broadcast in Indianapolis, July of 81, but was never released. Maybe this is it. Odd they chose not to name the time and place, though.
              I don't think Ozzy is doctored, do you?
              I love him trying to get the crowd going for Iron Man: "C'mon, what the fucks the matter with you dummies?!" Fucking classic!!

Comment

• tojoro
                Head Fluffer
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by jhale667
                Wasn't there some more DOAM tour footage with Randy that also didn't get included in the DVD because Sharon offered the owner a pittance for it? From everything I've heard about Randy as a person (from people who actually knew him), imagining (as some of them also speculated) he'd be waaaaaaay pissed at Sharon these days. She's not "protecting" his legacy - she's tarnishing it, IMO.
                There is supposedly an entire Diary show from Phoenix that two brothers filmed, one camera apiece, on either side of Randy, for the entire show. There's a guy on a Rhoads forum that was good buddies with them, they would screen it at their home and let him take digital shots of the footage. He has been a member there since the start, has shared oodles of rare pics with all the members and has no reason to lie. He was supposed to keep mum on the subject, but started asking around for soundboard from this gig, as the footage is silent, it got back to the bros and they turned their backs on him. He shared his story and the pics this past winter. The pictures would turn you on your ear.
                The only way the Osbournes could market it would be a package strictly about Randy, as the film is exclusively him...Ozzy does wander into the shot often, but it sounded like the cameras stayed on Randy. If the Osbournes were to do that, next March would be the opportune time, as it's 30 years after his death and 25 years for the Tribute release.

Comment

• tojoro
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Dec 2009

Listening to some of the CD now. tojoro what do you think?

It really has a totally different sound even tone. No Bone Movies sounds I don't know wrong somehow. It's great just takes some getting use to. Because I have had these songs BURNED into my mind litteraly from listening to them over and over again for 30 years. This somehow just sounds wrong after that. No doubt you can hear the notes much much better. It's all very clear sounding.
                  I guess someone was listening, as most issues fans have with Blizzard was the sound, and Randy's tone in particular. I know George MArino did the mastering on the vinyl, not sure if he did the CDs as well...I'll have to look.
                  I know what you mean though. It sounds more like they're in a room now, as opposed to a closet before....but yeah, I've been so accustomed to listening to those two albums for three decades, that this will take some adjusting.
                  It's just ...roomier. It's less claustrophobic. It fuckin jumps, that's for sure!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

There is supposedly an entire Diary show from Phoenix that two brothers filmed, one camera apiece, on either side of Randy, for the entire show.
                    was not pete and i
                    Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 06-01-2011, 07:36 PM. Reason: boobs
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

I saw Ozzy on the Diary tour not long after Randy died. I just barely missed getting to see Randy live. I remember to this day how upset I was that Brad Gillis was playing this stuff. It was crushing.
                      Yeah, but I think you'd agree in retrospect that under those tragic circumstances Brad did one helluva job....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• lesfunk
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I saw Ozzy with Bernie Torme and he did a great job all things considered. Ozzy was a fucking wreck.
                        When Gillis was thrown into the fire he did an amazing job. Very impressive under the circumstances

I'm quite conflicted about this new box set. Although It's appealing, I can't justify giving those twats any more of my money.
                        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• tojoro
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          Yeah, but I think you'd agree in retrospect that under those tragic circumstances Brad did one helluva job....
                          Definitely agree on Bernie and Brad. That's a tough gig to have to step into. Not only is the crowd distraught over losing a hero, the guys in the band and crew lost someone close too.
                          One guy in this pic wishes he were somewhere else, the rest wish he were someone else.
                          Kinda spooky how they dressed him and cut his hair to look like Randy...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Definitely agree on Bernie and Brad. That's a tough gig to have to step into. Not only is the crowd distraught over losing a hero, the guys in the band and crew lost someone close too.
                            One guy in this pic wishes he were somewhere else, the rest wish he were someone else.
                            Kinda spooky how they dressed him and cut his hair to look like Randy...

Rudy mentions the Torme image-alteration in his book too...very odd that they'd do that to him. And yes, the look on Rudy and Tommy's face in that pic says it all...those first few shows (Bernie only lasted a few gigs, IIRC) after the accident must've been HELL to get through, especially for Rudy, since Randy had gotten him the gig.
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

I saw Ozzy with Gillis. Bought my tickets just before Randy died. It was the strangest vibe I can remember from a concert.
                              My seat was 3 rows up from ice level about 15 rows out from the stage on Brads side. Fairly close.
                              All I kept thinking to myself was that's supposed to be Randy. Brad did a great job, but I was still mourning my hero.....
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Man....I MUST buy Bob Daisley's upcoming book!

FUCK SHARON AND OZZY! THEY CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES!!!

I will not give ONE FUCKING DIME to those worthless pieces of shit! EVER AGAIN!

Comment

Working...