Blizzard and Diary Expanded Vinyl in April??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

You're not alone on that on dude.

I'm scanning for torrents daily, now....
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• tojoro
      Head Fluffer
      • Dec 2009

The live CD is up at Piratebay now, for anyone who doesn't have it.

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Ok. I watched most of the DVD and scanned several tracks on Diary. IMO the after hours stuff has been messed with. I like the bootleg version better.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by tojoro
          There is supposedly an entire Diary show from Phoenix that two brothers filmed, one camera apiece, on either side of Randy, for the entire show. There's a guy on a Rhoads forum that was good buddies with them, they would screen it at their home and let him take digital shots of the footage. He has been a member there since the start, has shared oodles of rare pics with all the members and has no reason to lie. He was supposed to keep mum on the subject, but started asking around for soundboard from this gig, as the footage is silent, it got back to the bros and they turned their backs on him. He shared his story and the pics this past winter. The pictures would turn you on your ear.
          The only way the Osbournes could market it would be a package strictly about Randy, as the film is exclusively him...Ozzy does wander into the shot often, but it sounded like the cameras stayed on Randy. If the Osbournes were to do that, next March would be the opportune time, as it's 30 years after his death and 25 years for the Tribute release.

http://www.nobitching.com/phpbb3/vie...hp?f=5&t=13444
          I saw those pics, and desperately hoped they'd find the soundboard tape of that night so it could be included...and yes, those pics (and a bit of a new OTM video someone posted that includes DVD footage already) TOTALLY took me back to that night in '82. Randy was a total rock star - few guitarists have had as much stage presence or looked as cool as that guy did, before or since.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            Man....I MUST buy Bob Daisley's upcoming book!

FUCK SHARON AND OZZY! THEY CAN GO FUCK THEMSELVES!!!

I will not give ONE FUCKING DIME to those worthless pieces of shit! EVER AGAIN!
            Yeah I'm going to buy a couple of copies of his book and not buy from Sharon Inc.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

I did buy a copy of his book, but I bought it used, so Sharon, Inc. gets no money.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Save your money and track down PBTHAL's vinyl rips of the original LP versions of Blizzard and Diary.
                Just got a hold of the UK version of Blizzard and the first thing i noticed is how prominent Daisley's playing is in the mix... go figure!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                  Save your money and track down PBTHAL's vinyl rips of the original LP versions of Blizzard and Diary.
                  Just got a hold of the UK version of Blizzard and the first thing i noticed is how prominent Daisley's playing is in the mix... go figure!
                  Actually that is kickass. God Damn now I may have to download some shit!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

I agree with the ones who don't want to give them any more business.
                    Just imagine all the fans off of boards that feel the same way..

I mean, we read in all these entertainment books how fans are fickle but it seems hard rock people are some of the most rabid committed fans anywhere.
                    Even though this was an unusual situation tampering with albums that were already out.
                    Turns out it was probably the worst business move they did.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

I've been cranking 'Diary...' all day - what a fucking record that is. I always forget how good it is when I don't listen to it for a while.
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by tojoro
                        The live CD is up at Piratebay now, for anyone who doesn't have it.

http://bit.ly/lSGJRd
                        Yup, grabbed that last night.... In FLAC!!!

Now I want the DVD!!!
                        Last edited by Diamondjimi; 06-02-2011, 06:31 PM.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                          I've been cranking 'Diary...' all day - what a fucking record that is. I always forget how good it is when I don't listen to it for a while.
                          Same here. It's a fucking masterpiece. The Legacy edition sounds incredible.
                          It's great to hear Bob and Lee clearly too. What an amazing rhythm section....

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Interesting about the UK vinyl rips. I want those. Will check out the remastered CDs, but I would imagine the vinyl rips totally kick fucking ass. And I can do any remastering I want to do, IF I should want to do it.

And I can go buy my own fucking cross somewhere if I want to.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Downloading it now...can't wait to check it out. I too have issues with purchasing the box set the more I think about it...as much as I love Ozzy (especially after him sending word to me after requesting he sign my DOAM program w/Randy's sig in it that he would ONLY personalize it to me if I wanted him to...because if I ever decided to sell it - and the report was "he says he bets you're never gonna" - he wanted me to know it would be worth a LOT more $$ w/o the fan name in the signatures...never forgot that; he didn't have to do it, and sent someone out specifically to tell me so before he signed it), I'm not down with contributing to Sharon essentially doing revisionist history on Randy's memory. And out of respect for Bob and Lee. If they're not making a cent on it, 1 Mrs. O doesn't deserve to either IMO.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• tojoro
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Dec 2009

I understand folks not wanting to buy this, as a good chunk of the proceedings will most likely go to doucharella's mug 'improvements' (she's starting to resemble a muppet.), I just hope no one thinks I'm too much of an idiot for dropping the cash on this.
                                I had to, otherwise, it would just haunt me...
                                I have zero use for Ozzy, Inc. unless they have something to sell, be it audio or video from the Randy and/or Jake years.
                                I would hope to think that Bob, Lee and Randy's estate are making money from this, as at the end of the book, all four are named as performers, writers and producers on Blizzard, while on Diary, all four get writing credits, but only Ozzy and Randy get a production credit with Max Norman. No one has performance credits, strangely enough.
                                Out of curiosity, where the box has both CD and Vinyl, does that count as two copies of each album sold?
                                I'll say this, the stage antics of Sarzo the opportunist seem so silly and dated, now that I have a DVD that shows three different gigs. Plus, I always felt his approach to playing Daisley's lines were lazy and his execution was sloppy. Can't you just play the song correctly, instead of these spastic aerobics, ya fuckin' dimwit?!

Comment

Working...