X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hambon4lif
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
    Getting Wilson to come in and give a hand on California Girls says something about credibility.......
    Not only that, but getting the chance to work with Edgar Winter has to be a musical education in itself.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Motley Crue? Pretty much anything after their first two albums was worthless. Maybe Dr. Feelgood had a few high points, ironically enough because the band wasn't.

High, that is.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by hambon4lif
        Not only that, but getting the chance to work with Edgar Winter has to be a musical education in itself.
        Yep and considering the level of musicians Dave has played with over the years vs the Van Halens he wins in that category, too.
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by FORD
          Motley Crue? Pretty much anything after their first two albums was worthless. Maybe Dr. Feelgood had a few high points, ironically enough because the band wasn't.

High, that is.
          Well, comparatively there wasn't much chance anything after the first 2 records was ever going to measure up. I take those 2 out of the equation and try and look at the work after. Theater of Pain and Girls, Girls, Girls were hit and miss and i understand that. However, there are moments from those records that i can look at and really enjoy - enough so that i still listen to them today. Feelgood had a couple of moments for me -the title track and Kickstart, but songs like Without You and Same Old Situation make me cringe to the point that i look more fondly on Theater and Girls. I actually thought the New Tattoo record was a very solid effort despite Tommy Lee's absence.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Unchainme
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
            Uh-huh. And just what sort of deep "meaning" is to be found in the WIG OUT AND JIVE! image in your sig or avatar, Steve?

Both albums are nothing more than goofs, and were not meant to be taken all that seriously. But if you actually take some effort and listen to what is going on with Roth's EP, you'll discover that a great deal of care and thought went into the arrangements, which can not be said of the GnR release.
            This times a million.

Everything Roth has put off, he's tried to go top-notch with. Even with some of the missteps such as "Diamond Dave". "Your Filthy little mouth". You always got the feeling Dave was going all out in trying to get the best musicians possible to help with his group.

It's even forgotten to be brought up, that..of all people, Christopher Cross was singing backup for that record on "California Girls". How freaking weird is that?
            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD

High, that is.
              I liked "Save our souls" off of Theatre.

Also, for sheer cheese factor, "Home Sweet Home" is fun to sing along too.
              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
                So you make a list of albums that you don't like and decide they're the "Worst albums in rock history"?
                My list is opinion not fact and two, if such a list were to exist it would most likely take up this entire forum. So relax the knot in your panties and give some leeway that not everybody likes the same mediocre shit that YOU listen to.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Oh Man I got one that blows away every album in the worst albums in rock history.
                  And trust me if you heard it you would agree.
                  It's impossible to listen to this mess and not gravitate toward holding your nose, vomiting uncontrollably , turning over furniture , and then jumping out of the window.

And no it's not Disasterpiece Theater with Weeble Diamond.
                  No.
                  this album is so fucking horrendous that I am apologizing in advance to those brave souls that are going to listen to it.
                  And the album is:

SONNY BONO - INNER VIEWS

Yes, with such titles as Pammie's on a Bummer, and I Just Sit There you know you're in trouble.
                  My guess is that Sonny listened to Sargent Pepper and decided to shift his efforts to creating the worst sound you could ever imagine.
                  Rhino was re-releasing it at some point. I can't fathom why unless they hate human beings.

all the albums in this thread are brilliant in comparison.

"To this day it is still hard to believe that such a popster like Sonny Bono would come out with an LP like *Inner Views*, but that's how weird things got in 1967. Or did they...for alongside the 12-minute-plus psychedelic freakout *I Just Sit There* was the seven-minute anti-drug rant *Pammie's a Bummer*, giving a clue to Mr. Bono's future political leanings. The whole album is just a glorious mess, Phil Spector on a bad trip, with Sonny's off-key, nasal vocals rhyming "sturgeon" with "virgin" among other untoward couplets, while sitars drone and guitars groan...and as such it is a certified cult classic, another proud, exclusive addition to our *Collectors' Choice Music* gallery of pop's weirder moments." (Amazon) LMAO - thought I was kidding, did ya?
                  Last edited by ThrillsNSpills; 03-03-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                    Never Mind The Bollocks by the Sex Pistols. Total garbage and they were hack musicians who could barely play their instruments. Pure noise....
                    You miss the point of that record but it also like it didn't have much of one anyway. 'Bollocks' was a reaction to all the prog and stadium rock gloat that was so prevalent in the mid-70's (see: Pink Floyd) and like I was saying tunes clocking in at over 11 minutes can be just as annoying as 3 minute bubblegum epics. The Pistols were definitely a joke but that is exactly what they set out to do by mocking the music industry and taking advantage of others frustration due to the economic situation of Briton at the time. The entire record sounds as if it has been recorded in an entire week whereas Pink Floyd might take an entire month to hash out one song. Personally, 'Bollocks' does nothing for me other than serve as a reminder that there are too many musician out there so full of themselves (kind of ironic since Rotten himself became exactly what he claimed to have hated all along) and that a lot of rock and roll can be dull and uninspiring (see: Pink Floyd). To simply shout "FUCK YOU" at someone because there is no employment, or opportunities to be found makes more sense to me than a bunch of millionaires (see: Pink Floyd) writing pretentious epics about farm animals.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                      Rhino was re-releasing it at some point.
                      I'm kind of ambivalent about Rhino Records. In some ways they are the only ones out there trying to preserve music by (somehow) finding a lot of rarities and putting them on compilations. And a lot of them are worth the price of admission, too with not much in the way of filler, unnecessary remixes or extended versions. One that comes to mind is 'Rockin' Bones' which has some mind-blowing stuff like Link Wray, Lorrie and Larry Collins, and even the original version of 'Shaking All Over' by Billy Kid & The Pirates that The Who did a wonderful remake of on 'Live At Leeds'

On the other hand Rhino is like the Devil you don't know by buying up all the rights to these tunes (and some popular commercial acts like Fleetwood Mac) and keeping a hold of them. So if you want to seek out something by somebody you like Rhino will be the only ones you going have to deal with. I'm keeping my paranoid and conspiracy eye on them.

Comment

• ppg960
                        Sniper
                        • Dec 2005

VH III was junk
                        The second album from Europe ( the 1st wasn't great either)
                        Stryper - yikes
                        Kingdom Come-Zepplin rip off
                        GWAR-WTF is this?

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                          I'm kind of ambivalent about Rhino Records. [/img]
                          They've structured a lot of great discs and the one you posted looks interesting.
                          Rhino is awesome with regard to bonus tracks.
                          However Inner views is the most unlistenable mess you could ever imagine.
                          I'm guessing Rhino made it so people can get rid of guests that stay too long at your house.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by CROWBAR

....like two cats fucking outside your bedroom window at 4:00 a.m.
                            Isn't that more accurately a description of Brian Johnson's singing voice. Not that I don't love Ac/Dc, but it's true. And he didn't sing like that on the Geordie records.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• saint
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ppg960
                              VH III was junk
                              The second album from Europe ( the 1st wasn't great either)
                              I actually like there first, nostalgia I guess..
                              http://web.telia.com/~u55014187/kor.gif

Comment

• CROWBAR
                                Commando
                                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                                You miss the point of that record but it also like it didn't have much of one anyway. 'Bollocks' was a reaction to all the prog and stadium rock gloat that was so prevalent in the mid-70's (see: Pink Floyd) and like I was saying tunes clocking in at over 11 minutes can be just as annoying as 3 minute bubblegum epics. The Pistols were definitely a joke but that is exactly what they set out to do by mocking the music industry and taking advantage of others frustration due to the economic situation of Briton at the time. The entire record sounds as if it has been recorded in an entire week whereas Pink Floyd might take an entire month to hash out one song. Personally, 'Bollocks' does nothing for me other than serve as a reminder that there are too many musician out there so full of themselves (kind of ironic since Rotten himself became exactly what he claimed to have hated all along) and that a lot of rock and roll can be dull and uninspiring (see: Pink Floyd). To simply shout "FUCK YOU" at someone because there is no employment, or opportunities to be found makes more sense to me than a bunch of millionaires (see: Pink Floyd) writing pretentious epics about farm animals.
                                Nah, I got their point well enough as I grew up through that time. It was pretty evident what they were trying to do with their big "fuck you" to the industry because music had become so bland around then. It must have worked because they had a following. However, the music played so poorly didn't really coincide with their anger. Not to me anyway. That was released in 1977 if not mistaken, and the very next year Van Halen would debut their first. Now THAT was like a breath of fresh air compared to what else was being offered then.

I'd have throw that god awful offering from Iron Butterfly with In A Gadda Da Vida on there too. Chuck that one in the fireplace and light that fucker!

Comment

Working...