X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WACF
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
    i'll never forget Trunk whining "why would they play those AWFUL songs?" in response to someone's question about the '96 VH tracks being played on the '07 tour.
    I agree with him on this....

Mind you...you could have dropped Jump and played one and I would of been OK with that....but the place went nuts for Jump...so it would never happen.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Terry
      He is a bit lame. While he has memorized a considerable amount of raw data about bands (lineups, album credits, etc.), he pays far too much lip service / air time to second rate hair band posers for my tastes.
      I don't know. He gave a ton of time to Dio when he was alive and continues to give a lot of attention to Halford, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. You can't call them hair band posers. He generally tries to hype up anyone coming out with new music regardless if glam, metal or thrash. I think it is cool that he does what he does - pay attention to the genre of music that most people on this board are fond of. No one else out there gives a shit about it. I think Trunk is cool.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• WACF
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
        I don't know. He gave a ton of time to Dio when he was alive and continues to give a lot of attention to Halford, Judas Priest and Iron Maiden. You can't call them hair band posers. He generally tries to hype up anyone coming out with new music regardless if glam, metal or thrash. I think it is cool that he does what he does - pay attention to the genre of music that most people on this board are fond of. No one else out there gives a shit about it. I think Trunk is cool.
        His four hours on Sat radio is the best programmed by far.

I dig Trunk....he waves the banner for the older bands that many won't.

Besides...if not for Trunk I would not have gotten into Thin Lizzy or UFO...they just never got airplay in my market.

His love for Sammy is tough to take but...he props the classic six pack as untouchable and Classis VH as one of his favorite bands...

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by WACF
          His four hours on Sat radio is the best programmed by far.

I dig Trunk....he waves the banner for the older bands that many won't.

Besides...if not for Trunk I would not have gotten into Thin Lizzy or UFO...they just never got airplay in my market.

His love for Sammy is tough to take but...he props the classic six pack as untouchable and Classis VH as one of his favorite bands...
          Yeah, i agree his love for Sam is over the top (no pun intended). I openly complained here about him starting off the show one night with a Montrose song, a Sam solo song and then a Van Hagar song all back to back. It really pissed me off. Like most talking heads, though, you don't agree on everything. The good he does outweighs the few things he does that irritate me.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
            i'll never forget Trunk whining "why would they play those AWFUL songs?" in response to someone's question about the '96 VH tracks being played on the '07 tour.
            Those two songs are awful

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
              Anyone pick this up?
              [...] but I'll be god damned over all the fucking Hagar love the dude sprays around. [...]
              I would never get that book, even for a dime and even if dodally trunk.
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Hellraiser!!
                Head Fluffer
                • Dec 2005

Eddie Trunk is interviewing Phil Mogg in this moment on his radio show!!
                www.diamonddavidleeroth.com

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2006

Did he say anything about Pete Way or recording a new album? Rumor was their latest is their last...
                  "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

I was following Trunk's comments on twitter that he was sending out from the opening night of UFO's current US Tour... said they opened with 'Wild, Willing & The Innocent'... pretty cool!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

As much as I rag on Spamulus Flatulus, I would give my left nut to have lived a life like he has:

1967 - While tripping on acid got to see Hendrix burn his guitar at Monterey (does not get ANY better than that)

Early 1970s - Got a legup into Major Label-land singing for a band signed to a major label.
                      Mid-1970s to Mid-1980s - has fairly successful solo career
                      Mid-1980s to Mid 1990s - FRONTMAN FOR VAN HALEN
                      Mid-1990s to Mid 2000s - Cuntinuation of solo career....builds up Tequila business...
                      Late 2000s - Sells majority interest in tequila business for 80 million dollars

All the while has a club in Mexico, house on the beach, all the booze and great pot he wants, can get hot bitches to slob his knob with no trouble.....

NOW....all I said was I would give my left nut to have lived a life like that. I am not saying I would want to be in his fucking shoes, because even though he has done all of the above, he has done so by writing, recording and performing non-stop Gerber Baby Food Rock for kiddies, and RUINED the greatest rock band on the planet.

IF I had the chance to live a life like that in MY shoes, I would at least have written some timeless, classic rock that is worth something. Instead of the lame drivel that has been drooling out of the asshole in his face since the late 70s.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Oh, and Eddie Trunk.....at least we DO have a 'spokesman' for Heavy Metal. Despite his Gaygar-worship, and other minor deficiencies in his musical taste, etc. overall I am glad we have him around.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

When you put it in that perspective I have to agree with you on that HR. As for the Van Gaygar nut nibbling the guy does?

But we all know it would only take one single appearance from Diamond Dave on his show to change all that.....
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

He would be begging Uncle Dave to let him lick crap off the soles of Uncle Dave's boots!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                              He would be begging Uncle Dave to let him lick crap off the soles of Uncle Dave's boots!
                              True dat!
                              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Working...