Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blaze
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Our local radio has a Mandatory Metallica at 5 or some time... It has always annoyed me. Their songs are really cheddar.
    More than once I wanted to rant about one of their songs.
    I never did because I thought they were really well liked... Why else would that station force me to listen by making it mandatory?
    Now, I know....

I never dreamed that a Metallica bashing thread would go over here. whoodathunk?
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    sigpic

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
      Our local radio has a Mandatory Metallica at 5 or some time... It has always annoyed me. Their songs are really cheddar.
      More than once I wanted to rant about one of their songs.
      I never did because I thought they were really well liked... Why else would that station force me to listen by making it mandatory?
      Now, I know....

I never dreamed that a Metallica bashing thread would go over here. whoodathunk?

Yeah. The rock station in San Diego used to do that as well.

I dig it whenever they play anything from the first 3 albums...even some stuff from Justice is cool with me.

I like this recording. But it makes me sad too because this was right as they were about to die musically for me.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
        "Much" jokes are almost worse than "not" jokes. It's a fuckin' ridiculous template that the unimaginative use so they can believe they're witty & creative.

Really, Binnie. I never expected such a thing from you.

By the way, there is NO "over the line". I'm fuckin' sick to death of political correctness & as long as I'm not breakin' any of Sarge's rules, I'll go over the top every time. I do, however, respect Sarge's will in his own house. Not doing that would be fuckin' rude of me. Oy vey.

Yeah... wouldn't work. I mean, I thought about it, but there's a strong possibility James would cuntinue without Lars. Worse, he'd take advantage of the little cunt's death & do a tribute album, covering - read, mercilessly butchering - his own songs.

However, if the target is James, there's no fuckin' way anyone else would take that little leprechaun seriously, so he'd have to permanently keep his drumsticks up his arse.

Cheers! :bottle:
        I think that wishing death on another human being is always over the line.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• VanHalener
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

A little of the guitar work was ok, but overall that sucked.

~Sucked BigTime~
          ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
            Well, Lar$ & Kirk did play some shows with Hagar and Sobolewski a few years ago, so they should know cheddar. (You can read about Cheesetallica here)
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Their covers of 'Whiskey in the jar' and now this one really show how fucking limited Metallica are.

Comment

Working...