X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    Funny, you dislike them so much, yet you cannot completely trash them, no matter how much you try!
    Oh, I can trash Zep no problemo. I'm just walking on eggshells for all you sensitive types.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

I'm curious as to whether this Zeppelin-phobia is a product of general dislike of rock (or hardfer rock) music.

I know you love jazz/blues Kristy, but what are your favourite rock bands?
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
        I know you love jazz/blues Kristy, but what are your favourite rock bands?
        You mean like hard rock bands? I'm going to have to think about that one and get back to you on it.

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

Closing this thread...

Again....all I wanted to hear mostly was John Bonham doing a little drummin'. So I can understand the rest of the band being classified.....but I close my eyes and hear some good drumming. Moby Dick....the title makes fun of the solo.

RIP.
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

opening......
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

HMMM Page's solo on Tangerine or Eddie's horrible solo on Humans Being?(the ascending part, not the tapping). but he was probably angry when recording.

cringeworthy.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                HMMM Page's solo on Tangerine or Eddie's horrible solo on Humans Being?(the ascending part, not the tapping). but he was probably angry when recording.

cringeworthy.
                If you feel like engaging in some serious masochism, check out the live versions of "Humans Being" from the 2004 debacle tour at Youtube. I won't post, embed them or provide links, because even though I can be a mean-spirited jerk at times, NO ONE is that cruel.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Not trying to add fuel to a fire...but sounds like someone is trying to build a cult of personality for themselves...lol never seen Dave this serious:

But hey....everyone likes to nail a hot chick!

Good Un Ya. If you can snarf some more pussy by being emo....go for it. But I found this link hooked right up to Jimmy Page...who is older now...fat and happy...and off the Flower. So forgive and forget?

Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-14-2011, 01:57 PM. Reason: Don't kill the messenger....I don't give a shit.....
                  Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    If you feel like engaging in some serious masochism, check out the live versions of "Humans Being" from the 2004 debacle tour at Youtube. I won't post, embed them or provide links, because even though I can be a mean-spirited jerk at times, NO ONE is that cruel.

Good man Chef. Thanks I got enough problems.

gotta hand it to Kristy though for picking one of the worst Page solos to make a point though.
                    C'mon though, Achilles Last Stand is one of the best angry songs there is. Zep and the Stones have something in common in that if either would have had a different drummer it wouldn't have worked.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

this song is awful

I hate zeppelin.

Hats off to Harper is a bit of a nightmare though.
                      especially backwards

at loud volumes

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Jimmy Page knew it was all about vibe. You can hear a very good technical guitarist that can literally put you to sleep and a very simple guitarist that can move you. It's communication more than anything and Jimmy got that.

No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

I wonder who was the first person to play Stairway backwards....

and how many records did this person play backwards to project a message?

I always thought that was the most ridiculous thing to perpetuate but people need something to do and someone to convince if they're not doing gratifying things.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                            I wonder who was the first person to play Stairway backwards....

and how many records did this person play backwards to project a message?

I always thought that was the most ridiculous thing to perpetuate but people need something to do and someone to convince if they're not doing gratifying things.
                            The same evangelist who is running a ponzi scheme and will molest your children.
                            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

What a douchey drag Page really is. Even noodling on a mandolin he's boring. Sorry guys, I can't buy into the hype that is/was Jimmy Page. As for Jack White, besides wanting to fuck the shit out of him (if he wasn't already married) at leaset he gives respect to the artist he claims to be influenced by.

I stole this from a blog because I really hate posting links:

"When Page try’s to play fast, he sounds similar to when you try to run through quicksand. A lot of effort but no results. Just sooo fuckin’ sloppy. And combining booze and heroin isn’t quite the “breakfast of champions” as I recall. Not to mention his guitars are junk.*

Every time I see a video clip or photo of Page after he plays a lead, he looks like an old black and white movie version of Dr. Frankenstein’s assistant Igor with those huge bug eyes, doing a wheezing laugh and drool streaming down the center of his bottom lip. The fact that Page is still alive shows he’s a freak of nature. And with this impending reunion “joke” of a tour that may happen, you just know one or all of these feeble and decrepit hacks are gonna drop dead before it’s all over. This is another example of millions of ex-hippies having another opportunity to get fucked up and go see one of their favorite drug addict, alcoholic shit bands one more time."

*Now I don't agree that Jimmy's guitars are junk. Actually, with more money than God, the guy actually has a decent, if not, one impressive collection. But the guy is right, Page is a another no-talent fuck up; excessive alcohol intake, heroin and just general bad sense of self-care is why the dude looks like he does - a decrepit hippie/ex-junkie. For I think there are plenty of men out there in their mid-60's who look good if not better when they were in their mid-20's. Page, of course, isn't one of them.

If I ever met the guy (Gawd forbid!) who knows, we might get along but I could not keep any promises not to tear his limey nuts off he ever brought up the subject that Zep were the "bastard children" of Howlin' Wolf. To me, the guy has always been the Golden Calf of rock so if yo want to worship his falseness, go right ahead. None of your endless Zep YouTube clips bother me in the least.

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                Jimmy Page knew it was all about vibe. You can hear a very good technical guitarist that can literally put you to sleep and a very simple guitarist that can move you. It's communication more than anything and Jimmy got that.
                                That just pisses me off. Page "grooving" to Link Wray. Maybe that's because I'm that delusional that Link was my father - well, him and Satan - because nobody, and I mean nobody was cooler with a guitar in hand than Link.

The man just bleeds coolness. Oh, and originality, of course.

Comment

Working...