Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Any time Metallica collaborate with other artists or do covers of non heavy metal music all it does is show how completely limited they are.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

I actually like the cover of Bob Seger's 'Turn The Page' - they re-worked it into something else, and kudos to them for doing so (although the video was odd).

Are there many bands that can do lots of different styles of music? If you gave CVH a Tool song to cover, could they do it justice? Could Pink Floyd do 'Anarchy In the UK' justice? If not, does that make them limited, or does it just make them very good at what they do?
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• WACF
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
        I actually like the cover of Bob Seger's 'Turn The Page' - they re-worked it into something else, and kudos to them for doing so (although the video was odd).

Are there many bands that can do lots of different styles of music? If you gave CVH a Tool song to cover, could they do it justice? Could Pink Floyd do 'Anarchy In the UK' justice? If not, does that make them limited, or does it just make them very good at what they do?
        I agree...

One band that blows me away with it's covers though is Opeth.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Music sounds like a ripoff of Sabbath's "Hand of Doom". Lou sounds like he's trying to imitate Dylan & Johnny Cash at the same time.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

BTW, the Warner/RIAA Nazis already killed the original clip, so if you missed it, this one will probably be good for an hour or two....

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8LWtb621DRg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8LWtb621DRg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              Fucking idiots. What's next. Recording an album with Spamulus Flatulus?
              Well, they did play some shows with him a few years ago. Spam & Sobolewski with Kirk Hammett and Lar$. Forget what they called it, but I called it "Cheesetallica". If they recorded anything, it fortunately was not released

Eat that last ham on rye
              Now before you die
              It's the last time you will.
              Blackened bread as you grill
              fills the frying pan
              Cheddared chili fries fills his stomach with a rumbling cry
              Stranger now, are his ears, to this mystery
              He hears the farting so loud
              Crack of dawn, all is gone except the wheel of brie
              Now the x rays see what will be, clogged arteries to see

For Whom The Cheese Rolls......
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                I actually like the cover of Bob Seger's 'Turn The Page'

Me too Bin. One of my fav Metallica cover tunes actually. I love the original song and I don't know, it just really fit with Metallica and they didn't over do it. When I say "over do it", I mean like some people have overdone "Simple Man" from Lynyrd Skynyrd. So many bands have a tendency to take one of the very cool moments of the song & think it will be awesomely better if they just do the entire song in the same vane as that cool moment. (like a certain scream or emotional line) If it's cool once it will surely be cool for the whole 3 minutes right? WRONG!
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  BTW, the Warner/RIAA Nazis already killed the original clip, so if you missed it, this one will probably be good for an hour or two....

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8LWtb621DRg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8LWtb621DRg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>
                  That is fucking crap.

It's off beat, sounds out of tune, and the flow of the lyrics don't go with the music at all. it's almost like playing 2 songs at once & trying to listen to them both over each other. And those drums....Good God! Someone take that 1 cymbal away from Lars.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• lesfunk
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I managed 10 seconds once the music started. Jesus....
                    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

That was very bad... I regret watching it.
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

I would much rather hear Iggy Pop and Megadeth do the entire "Raw Power" album than to hear this shit.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Enough. Had to stop this shit @ :42.
                          This just reaffirms to me that Lou Reed is a complete tone-deaf hack with absolutely NO rhythm, NO melodic ability or appeal.
                          And this re instills my opinion that Metallica has been chasing the BIG MONEY COCH since they began writing the "Black" album.

This is fucking laughable. Fuck the both of them...
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• wolfsbane
                            Roadie
                            • Jan 2005

This is no big surprise for Metallica. I will never forget reading the tour program for the Black album tour. It is full of headlines and articles that say that Metallica sold out. They were telling us exactly what they were doing! They were laughing all the way to the bank, they still are. Does anyone think that the band that made those early albums is the same one that made St. Anger, Load (of crap), Re-load(of crap), or this Lou Reed thing? Metallica died a long time ago. Why do you think they can't keep their bassists?

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

They can't keep their bassists because you can't replace a guy like Cliff Burton.

They had two bass players before him. Most Metallica fans couldn't tell you their names, and the ones who do know them probably couldn't give a shit. It wasn't really "Metallica" until Cliff was there.

And it wasn't really Metallica after he died either. And it's certainly not Jason's fault, or Bob Trujillo's. They're damn good bass players. They just ain't Cliff. Metallica of the 1990's put out some decent stuff, despite the change in direction, but if they had pulled the plug on the whole thing after the bus crash, I could have lived without ever hearing "Enter Sandman" if it meant them never trashing the whole idea of what Metallica was in the first place.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

Can't keep bassists?

newstead: 1987-2001 (14 fucking years)

Truilio: 2003-present (8 fucking years )

It's hardly Whitesnake.
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...