Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The music side of it isn't too bad, I like the main riff, but Lou Reed's off key spoken word shit just kills the whole song. I knew this was going to suck from the moment I read about Metallica and Lou Reed doing an album together.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      They can't keep their bassists because you can't replace a guy like Cliff Burton.

They had two bass players before him. Most Metallica fans couldn't tell you their names, and the ones who do know them probably couldn't give a shit. It wasn't really "Metallica" until Cliff was there.

And it wasn't really Metallica after he died either. And it's certainly not Jason's fault, or Bob Trujillo's. They're damn good bass players. They just ain't Cliff. Metallica of the 1990's put out some decent stuff, despite the change in direction, but if they had pulled the plug on the whole thing after the bus crash, I could have lived without ever hearing "Enter Sandman" if it meant them never trashing the whole idea of what Metallica was in the first place.
      True as fuch!

Best post so far....
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

One thing I won't accept here is the accusations of selling out or doing this for the money. Jesus Christ, there are a lot of other ways the band could make lots of money. Making an album with LOU REED is going to mostly conjure up headlines but not sell a lot.

I'm not saying it's great. I still support METALLICA and thought DEATH MAGNETIC was freaking awesome, but this is kinda piss poor and clumsy. Lars did some good playing on DEATH MAGNETIC but this is pretty lame. This ain't the worst thing I've ever heard. I think it's kind of become cool to hate Metallica, but they have been one of the great heavy bands of all time. This is a side-project that is misguided (a la LOAD, ST. ANGER, etc.) but even moreso. I thought there was some merit to the LOAD/RELOAD and ST. ANGER projects (with all the flaws), but I have a hard time imagining how I'm going to wanna spin this album a lot.

When they first announced a studio project that's not really METALLICA, I was kind of imagining maybe a BIG 4 album. That would be pretty insane and possibly either amazing or horrible...but at least intriguing. I should have known better, however. There is no way those four bands could let their egos push them through such a mammoth project. But that would have been killer.

I'm a Lou Reed fan...I have all the VELVET UNDERGROUND albums and TRANSFORMER. But I'm not diehard and I really think this is not what METALLICA should be doing right now.
        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Man, Rob has been with them for 8 years now? Christ where did the time go?

I have to admit....the scene where they sit down to tell him he got the gig is one of the coolest things I have ever seen as a musician....and then when James says: "And here is a check for ONE MILLION DOLLARS..."....I was fucking floored.

Apparently they learned from their mistreatment of Jason.

Rob surely deserves every bit of his success. He is one of the baddest bassists in metal.

I have not listened to "The View" and I have no intention of ever doing so. From the word go, I knew this was going to be a fucking disaster, and I have not seen a single positive thing said ANYWHERE on the net about this project....certainly since The View was released I have not heard a single positive thing about that song either. So why fucking bother.

Are these stupid fuckers going to drag Lou out on tour now? If they do so they are going to lose their ass. Their record label is probably furious at them for doing this bullshit "project" to begin with, as they know (for once they are correct) that people will ignore the album in droves.....

Comment

• Jesus Christ
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            Christ where did the time go?
            As Steven whose surname is Miller hath said, time keeps on slipping (slipping slipping) into the future, My son.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

You said it perfectly, Jesus!

Comment

• rockhead
                Roadie
                • Jan 2006

Damn straight thewy mistreated newstead......newstead had the brains of knowing where the band where going and left while they going was good.Hes probably earned a shitload of money and can do what he wants, i remembered when theyn toured oz in 92 or 93 on the cashgrab tour and he looked like the only one on stage having any fun, getting into the songs and shaking the crowds hands alot during the show.Having his bass parts turned down low in the mix on AJFA is a very form of disrespect!...the AJFA album was always the James & Lar$ show

Man, Rob has been with them for 8 years now? Christ where did the time go?

I have to admit....the scene where they sit down to tell him he got the gig is one of the coolest things I have ever seen as a musician....and then when James says: "And here is a check for ONE MILLION DOLLARS..."....I was fucking floored.

Apparently they learned from their mistreatment of Jason.

Rob surely deserves every bit of his success. He is one of the baddest bassists in metal.

I have not listened to "The View" and I have no intention of ever doing so. From the word go, I knew this was going to be a fucking disaster, and I have not seen a single positive thing said ANYWHERE on the net about this project....certainly since The View was released I have not heard a single positive thing about that song either. So why fucking bother.

Are these stupid fuckers going to drag Lou out on tour now? If they do so they are going to lose their ass. Their record label is probably furious at them for doing this bullshit "project" to begin with, as they know (for once they are correct) that people will ignore the album in droves.....

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Did you happen to notice how quickly Lar$ interrupted James to clarify that the $1 million wasn't a signing bonus but an advance on future earnings. Like Lar$ couldn't sell another butt ugly painting for another $12 million to give Rob $1 since his sole task is making Lar$ sound good.

I fucking hate Lar$ Ulrich.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• rockhead
                    Roadie
                    • Jan 2006

Can someone also tell Rob T that that crabwalk thing he does on stage looks really stupid!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Anyone that has seen 'Some Kind of Monster' knows these guys are going to be a lot more mature...

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/6CPHnZV0K-k?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/6CPHnZV0K-k?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Comment

• Mr Walker
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

I guess since I am not a hardcore Metallica fan... this is probably the first Metallica related recording that I'm interested in hearing since 'Master of Puppets'.

Comment

• gitadif
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by rockhead
                          Having his bass parts turned down low in the mix on AJFA is a very form of disrespect!...the AJFA album was always the James & Lar$ show
                          yeah, just drums and guitar. i saw an interview with hetfield where he said that it shows who were the big egos in the band at the time hasn't changed much i guess.

Comment

• Little Texan
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It seems that Lou Reed is getting some of his ideas from South Park...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

dupe...
                              Last edited by LoungeMachine; 11-07-2011, 03:53 AM.
                              Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...