X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69

Please tell us how it is Page's production is so bad, from your own extensive experience.
    Christ, just listen to it! Bad mixes, horrible overdubbing. The only man that saved Jimmy's bloated ass was Andy Johns who technically was the real producer behind many of Zeppy's disastrous recordings. Even Abba who recorded much of their albums in the studio Jimmy recored his last (thank fuck) were clearly miles better in terms of production. For the last time Jimmy Page was a smack-pappy-slap-crappy-monkey-on-the-back-junkie daddy. The guy is the living asshole of things rock 'n' roll - except for the time he played on that Jerry Lee Lewis record.

Your reasoning behind this ranting is beyond many of us, but there is no real logic to base any of it on. Simply put a lot of your opinions are just that, with no reflection in reality.

I do agree Page & Plant were musical thieves, but then again so are half the musicians on the planet. Certainly amongst blues-musicians.
    Bullshit! Genuine AMERICAN traditional blues musicians were murders like Ledbelly or true mythological worshipers of Satan like Robert Johnson or beyond all recognition fucked up on opium gutter trash like Edgar Allen Poe. Okay, so Poe wasn't a musician but I believe the dude knew a thing or two about the blues. Way more than Page ever did.

No reflection in reality? Seriously? Go on, hum me a Howlin Wolf tune. Well, go on. Ha! You can't, can you? This is because Jimmy Page came in you cranium and brainwashed you. It obviously shows.

And Page is sloppy some of the time. To see one of his worst performances, look at either the Seattle 1977 bootleg, or the ARMS benefit where he totally blew.....but he is not EVEN sloppy all the time. In fact, when I saw him in 1998 on the Page/Plant tour, he was anything BUT sloppy. He pretty much kicked everyone's ass in the venue that evening.
    No he's sloppy ALL the time - like a blind man trying to cum with no hands sloppy. His phrasing is unoriginal and pathetic. Low-rent chord progressions and dysfunctional riffs spawning further embarrassments to Plant's homosexual endeavors. For example, Since I've Been Loving You is obviously homo it not pansexual to Zep's largely male fanbase.

But the faults that Led Zep had individually and collectively cannot overwhelm the positive aspects of what they did, or the overall impact they had on music in the 20th-century....an impact, I might add, that is permanent.
    Zeppy had more faults than the entire Pacific rim. Exactly what did they "impact"? Oh I know, every shit late 80's hair band that wanted to be just like them - a soul-sucking, riff-bashing gaggle of clones who also lacked originality and substance.

Sorry you hate them so much. But then, I have bands I hate as well. The difference is, I hate bands who suck shit. And Led Zep is not one of them.

Carry on with your delusions dear. If you wish hard enough, maybe some day you can actually be in the same city as Jimmy Page and can rub one out thinking about blowing him.
    Why be sorry? So you masturbate to Jimmy Page before going to bed each night. I'm cool with that. Researchers say a little masturbation every now and then is healthy. You feel offended by what I say no matter how ridiculous or absurd about your precious little limey suburbanite rock act who ripped off everything they could find. I don't know what to say - try turning off your computer and go out for a walk or something, meet people, see the world as it truly is: cold and brutal with no gods wielding hammers.

And no, I didn't post this but it's part of the Zeppy 1% I would say.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

I love you Kristy. I may not agree with you, baby, but you can sure rant with the best of them. Even if how you feel seems irrational to musicians.

Your descriptive terminology is very good. You certainly have a place here, just from your abilities to trash stuff, even if it is something you know little about.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

More on the abomination that is Jimmy Page can be found here:

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

allariouse
            I love you Kristy. I may not agree with you, baby, but you can sure rant with the best of them. Even if how you feel seems irrational to musicians.

Your descriptive terminology is very good. You certainly have a place here, just from your abilities to trash stuff, even if it is something you know little about.
            Kristy shoots the room up quite well. She could write a hilarious critic column.

Comment

• Etienne
              Commando
              • Aug 2010

When you listen closely to Led Zeppelin, it's a matter of fact, that you can't delink Bonham's drum grooves, Page's riffs and Jones' bass lines. They are one, the composition - wall of sound. Page is not the man for solo lines but when it comes to riffage, he is capable to deliver a great part of the whole orchestration.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Etienne
                Page is not the man for solo lines but when it comes to riffage, he is capable to deliver a great part of the whole orchestration.
                More brainwashing.

Comment

• Etienne
                  Commando
                  • Aug 2010

Kristy, what is your favourite rock band? Really, I want to know.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Fraggle Rock

Because these guys rock or something.

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

When Page was at his best (circa 1970-1975), he was able to come up with a lot of great riffs and compositions. Delving into the musicology and Zeppelin's / Page's influences, it is also clear that he...er...um..."appropriated" quite a bit from others (seldom in rock does inspiration germinate from a seed devoid of any influences), more than a few times so closely that charges of outright theft may well be justified.
                      I mean, it is fair to say Page owes Sherwood Schwartz if not royalties than at least a writer's credit on Stairway To Heaven, seeing as the basic structure of the tune was clearly nicked from the Gilligan's Island theme song.
                      Right around 1978, for me it seems clear Page just ran out of inspiration and ideas. Probably letting too many powders get the better of him. If I take the bulk of his work post-Zeppelin as a whole, from the Death Wish 2 soundtrack through The Firm, onto Outrider, Coverdale/Page followed by Walking Into Clarksdale...just on a level of imagination and creativity, Page was content to coast. The fact that he was capable of brilliance at times in Zeppelin (am not one of those who thought every single thing Zeppelin did was some divine bit of rock godliness) doesn't give him a shield from mundane efforts being called what they were just because he wrote Kashmir.
                      The odd thing for me after watching the 02 performance a few years back was reading how so many people were wishing the remnants of Zeppelin would take that out on the road. Out of all the post-John Bonham Zep "reunions" the 02 biz was clearly the most well-rehearsed, but like countless other aging bands Zep had to tune down a half step to accomodate the effects of aging on the vocals...I mean, virtually any legendary classic rock act you can name, whenever they reunite or perform decades after their prime, concessions are made...it's just never the same. I'd sooner just listen to a Zeppelin album or a bootleg from back in the day and be content with that. It was a similar sensation I felt when seeing Van Halen Mach 4 a few years ago; yes, Roth was back, but it wasn't quite what I associate when I think of Van Halen. Eddie was a bit debilitated to the point where even if Anthony was there it still wouldn't have made it up to the CVH standard. Now, one might say this is to be expected with age, but if a band is gonna go out and play oldies, if they can't match their own high water mark of excellence, it seems almost pointless to expect anything beyond an endeavor which is a bit substandard. The logical inference from that being why should one accept that, much less pay premium prices to see and hear it?
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                        Right around 1978, for me it seems clear Page just ran out of inspiration and ideas. Probably letting too many powders get the better of him.
                        Naw, it was the lawsuits.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Naw, it was the lawsuits.
                          I love how Zeppelin's scumbag manager sold the whole Zep catalog to Atlantic right before the shit started to rise. He got the money and Atlantic got all the legal problems. That guy was a piece of work. Led Zeppelin were a bunch of thieves and thugs. They should have been deported out of this country and banned or even thrown in jail. I think they just laid low once their scam got discovered and they had made plenty of enemies.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Ok. I can play a couple Led Zeppelin songs. To get it to sound like Page you have to purposely play sloppy or it will sound too in time and polished. You actually have to fuck it up a bit to get the Page vibe.

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              I love how Zeppelin's scumbag manager sold the whole Zep catalog to Atlantic right before the shit started to rise. He got the money and Atlantic got all the legal problems. That guy was a piece of work. Led Zeppelin were a bunch of thieves and thugs. They should have been deported out of this country and banned or even thrown in jail. I think they just laid low once their scam got discovered and they had made plenty of enemies.
                              Reading accounts of what Grant, Cole, Bindon and Bonham would do on the road, it's strange to me how these characters are lauded by some. The behavior at times was just really atrocious. Seems to illustrate the idea that many within the entertainment industry aren't fully developed as human beings, and the success they achieve and the money they earn acts as an enabler toward all types of childish whims and indulgences. Some might say how great it would have been to party with Zeppelin. For me, watching a bunch of goons sexually abuse women with mudsharks, get wasted on smack and administer Clockwork Orange-style beatings ain't my idea of a good time. I don't think I'm particularly conservative in my tastes: I like a good fuck and a bit of booze as much as anyone else, but sadistic barbarism just isn't that appealing to me.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                Ok. I can play a couple Led Zeppelin songs. To get it to sound like Page you have to purposely play sloppy or it will sound too in time and polished. You actually have to fuck it up a bit to get the Page vibe.
                                Page was a good studio player, but after 1971 uneven live.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...