Songs you originally liked because you thought it was somebody else singing them

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

I first heard this while driving a truck with a crummy radio sometime in 1982 or 83. I really couldn't make out much of it, but I thought "How cool, Aerosmith covering Prince." A short while later that week, I found out it was Mitch Ryder from the Detroit Wheels. Wish I could find a good quality clip of the original video. You can see it 2nd below, but it's a truly ghastly copy. It featured the astonishingly well endowed Kitten Natividad.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Matt White
      PONTIAC SILVER DOME 1988.....so much traffic downtown I got out of the car...walked 2 blocks to the liquor store & bought a case of beer...walked out and jumped back in the car!!!

Also advoided seeing KINGDOME CLONE......they sucked DOG BALLS....

went in to see METALLICA DESTROY the place....should have left right then!
      Ha! Were were there
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
        Other than the opener and the headline act it was a good show........

Metallica blew everyone's mind here in Detroit.....Pontiac Silver Dome, to be exact!
        I saw that at the L.A. Coliseum. Fuck yeah, Metallica killed it. They were playing shit from Justice before the album was out. Epic..

Comment

• hambon4lif
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

For some reason, I used to think this was The Tubes (even though it sounds almost nothing like Fee Waybill). It wasn't 'til years later that I found out it was this dork.
          Plus I've been in 3 different relationships with women named Leah, so this song kinda goes into remission for awhile, but it always comes back to haunt me. Like terminal herpes.......

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
            For some reason, I used to think this was The Tubes (even though it sounds almost nothing like Fee Waybill). It wasn't 'til years later that I found out it was this dork.
            Plus I've been in 3 different relationships with women named Leah, so this song kinda goes into remission for awhile, but it always comes back to haunt me. Like terminal herpes.......
            Fuck! I could have went my whole life without seeing that video! I've always dug that song and now it's ruined. Oh, who the hell am I kidding - I'll crank this thing up every time I hear it
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

I thought this was Freddie Mercury but then I remembered he was dead.

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

always thought this was something off "In through the out door", or "Coda", before I realized it was kind of a cheesey knock off the Zeppelin sound.
                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Ah sweet an Eddie Van Halen solo without Sammy Hagar, this is awe....oh wait, it's the guitarist from billy idol.
                  Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

I'll be honest, a song in the late 80's or early 90's that sounded EXACTLY like ABBA. Wasn't them. I like ABBA cause I heard it everyday in moms car.....on her 8-track. LOL. I guess it was the same way she liked VH cause of me.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Oh, I also liked a Kingdom Come song cause I thought it was zeppelin. Mid-80's when they first came out.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme

Ah sweet an Eddie Van Halen solo without Sammy Hagar, this is awe....oh wait, it's the guitarist from billy idol.
                        i am a big Steve Stevens fan and am always amused at how many people confuse Stevens' playing with Ed's.
                        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                          I thought this was Freddie Mercury but then I remembered he was dead.

Looks kinda like Freddie had a child with Gary Cherone. Wonder who they used for a surrogate?

Seriously though, he really did capture that mid 70's Queen vibe fairly well.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Everybody thought this was a Prince song (singing about Sheila E)......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And of course then there was the Duran Duran wannabe band...... (though this song was actually more tolerable than anything Duran Duran did in the second half of the 80's)

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

These guys wanted to be the Rolling Stones so bad, they somehow talked Jimmy Miller into producing their albums......

They should have called this one "You Can't Get Sympathy For Shining A Light"
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...