X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    Yeah, by now I doubt there are any bats left in Hell. Guess somebody should ask Satan about that?
    Are you kidding? Hell is like one huge cave! I don't think we'll ever run out of bats.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

I still have a hard time with how the Motley albums "Girls" and "TOP" did so damn well with only a few good tunes on each. From reading Nikki's book "HD" he even said he would only try to write a couple good tunes at that time and didn't give the others much thought.
      Last edited by SNIPER; 01-31-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That pretty much goes for all Crue albums.

Unintentionally funny interview I saw with them when they said they each went off and wrote down which songs should be on 'Decade of Decadence' and were amazed to find they had all written down the same 10 songs...

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

K guys, I fucking hate to put this band here as I am a huge fan and still love the lead singers solo stuff......but

Umm...dude has released Overkill in like 7 different formats. Regular, remastered, live, acoustic with band, acoustic solo, acoustic live with band, acoustic solo live....even did a special version for the TV show Scrubs.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

I almost put them in with my first post but I like the damn band too much!!
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• SunisinuS
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • May 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
              K guys, I fucking hate to put this band here as I am a huge fan and still love the lead singers solo stuff......but

Umm...dude has released Overkill in like 7 different formats. Regular, remastered, live, acoustic with band, acoustic solo, acoustic live with band, acoustic solo live....even did a special version for the TV show Scrubs.
              For some reason that is the album where I really honed my "Ringo" chops. The songs are catchy enough with just enough light fills to spend hours practicing your internal metronome. Just trying to keep a steady beat, not back beat, not punchy....just a simple beat.
              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Yount
                BTW from these forums alone I can testify that Elvis is alive and morbidly obese

I'll never forget the great quote: "Elvis may or may not have faked his own death, but David Lee Roth faked his life instead!"
                Actually...the better Roth Quote (which refutes your premise) was: "If Elvis was alive Micheal Jackson would be dead".

Timing and topical on that one...but still true.
                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Without hitting "Wiki" Im reasonably sure Men at Work had
                  3 successful albums (at least in Australia). Internationally might
                  be a different story. Thats another tangent here, some bands may
                  have an incredibly successful, one off, worlwide hit album.
                  Yet they have successive hit albums in their native country.

Im sure nobody here (apart from the Aussies) would have heard
                  of "Australian Crawl". Always in the charts when functional.
                  Their debut "Boys Light Up" was one of the best selling debuts
                  in Australia. Problem for these guys is they started dying.
                  Literally, all tragic too, cancer mostly, I think it got to the point where
                  James Reyne (the singer) was the only guy left.

Now to my point, "Australian Crawl" were apparently really popular
                  in Rio of all places. James Reyne banged together some musicians
                  and played massive shows in Rio, and the brazillians probably had no
                  idea it was just the singer....

You hear this quite a lot about Japan too, acts that you think have long
                  gone, still play to sellout crowds there. Probably "Europe" as an example.

(But I digress)

I just thought of another example,

"Tiny Tim"
                  BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Sparkie and FryingDutchman, POISON and Bert Michaels ???

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON THERE ???

Rock of Love, my god, I watched that once and it totally
                    reinforced my "belief" in Poison. They are an embarrasment to Rock.
                    Bert thinks he is DLR never is seen without a hat or dew cloth on his
                    obviously bald head, has diabetes apparently, and cant even pronounce
                    the word "diabetes". The chicks I saw on the episode trying to fuck him
                    looked like they would normally get their sex at a prison or a kennel !

It wouldnt be so bad if they actually didnt believe they are real musicians.
                    Sparkie you are right, these fucks have the Hagar effect !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

I heard somewhere that Roth was sitting at a table at The Rainbow with Axl and Bach then Brett came over and asked if he can join them and Dave told him to get lost. Haha!!!!

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                        I heard somewhere that Roth was sitting at a table at The Rainbow with Axl and Bach then Brett came over and asked if he can join them and Dave told him to get lost. Haha!!!!
                        That would make an awesome Youtube !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Northern Girl
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Oops I Did It Again - BS
                          Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Bob Geldof.
                            Last edited by guwapo_rocker; 02-01-2012, 12:21 AM. Reason: only 1 f.
                            WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

How about The Village People? They've made a career out of playing gay clubs with YMCA and In The Navy.

Last edited by Little Texan; 02-01-2012, 12:26 AM. Reason: Yes, that's Gary Cherone.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                                Bob Geldoff.
                                He knows a thing or two about famine. Since he's been living off of "I Don't Like Mondays" for the past 30 years.

Comment

Working...