X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
    I just remembered I posted about this when it happened, here... But I cant find it in the
    search, must have ben nuked in one of our downtimes. 11 years ago already.
    Must have just missed your head Ash !!
    bit north of me mark, i remember it happening and then of course a couple of weeks later an event happened which rendered every other news story trivial for months... years even.

Comment

• atomicpnk47
      Head Fluffer
      • Feb 2007

Grand Funk's We're An American Band. Sweet's Ballroom Blitz. Three Dog Night's One.....

Comment

• private parts
        Sniper
        • Jan 2007

Kiss got it started for me (dressed as Gene for halloween in 6th grade). Then AC/DC kicked it in gear, and VH put the "pedal to the metal" for the rest of my teenage years and beyond.
        Life was good!
        sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• mewisemagic
          Commando
          • Jan 2004

Deep Purple/Smoke On The Water:

Went out and bought Machine Head and Made In Japan,first albums purchased with my own money...

Comment

• conmee
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

The very first song I recall hearing was Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds. Dad was in the Navy, mom was a flower child. San Diego beach bum living. Pretty much the Apocalypse Now soundtrack was what I recall. Beatles, Stones, Doors, Floyd from a very young age. In grade school I can remember a lot of KISS, ELO, Queen, Steely Dan. I think I was 12 when I heard "I Love Rock n Roll" by Joan Jett, and that was the first guitar riff that caught my attention and that's when I had my parents buy me a guitar. Prior to that I was more interested in BMX bikes, skateboards, and occasional punk rock. Really got into punk from '80 to '82... Agent Orange, DRI, FSP (local Vegas band), Black Flag, Vandals, Dead Kennedys, TSOL, bunch of others. I had always heard some VH songs here and there, but it wasn't until my fateful experience with Gail Davis and Disneyland that VH became my favorite band and brand of music in 1982.

That is all.

Icon™©®
            Last edited by conmee; 02-27-2012, 04:27 PM.
            An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
            hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Ramblin Gamblin Man" Bob Segar "Inagaddadavida" Iron Butterfly and anything by Cream. Same era Dave, Eddie & Alex were growing up listening to.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Probably "School's Out". Maybe a Led Zeppelin song, but Alice is the first real rock I remember listening to along with Elvis and the Beatles.
                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Grant
                  Sniper
                  • Feb 2005

For me, it had to have been early Beatles and The Stones (during the London Years), which I was exposed to through my Dad and older brothers. I remember being at school with wankers who listened to the crap of the day from bloody MC Hammer to Kris Kros, whilst I was off listening to "I Should've Known Better", "Can't Buy Me Love", "All My Loving", "Satisfaction", "The Last Time", "Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow", "Let's Spend The Night Together", "Ruby Tuesday", and "Paint It Black".

Comment

Working...