X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • private parts
    Sniper
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
    It would almost be nice to go back and re-sift through all of those bands and give some of the another chance when you consider how much nothingness is out there today. I'd take Bang Tango over Daughtry or Love-Hate over Nickelback any day, in fact, I still do!
    Speaking of Nickelback. I can't believe those assholes have a song out now called "Bottoms Up"
    sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by private parts
      Speaking of Nickelback. I can't believe those assholes have a song out now called "Bottoms Up"
      I was in my wife's car when I heard a DJ announce that shitty group and the title Bottoms Up and for an instant I thought, if this is a VH cover, I'm going to vomit in my wife's car. Thankfully, it turned out to be just another shitty attempt at an original song. They should just stop.
      Last edited by DLR Bridge; 03-08-2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• private parts
        Sniper
        • Jan 2007

I was in my wife's car when I heard a DJ announce that shitty group and the title Bottoms Up and for an instant I thought, if this is a VH cover, I'm going to vomit in my wife's car. Thankfully, it turned out to be just another shitty attempt at an original song. They should just stop.
        I thought the same thing when I saw it on the Billboard charts. So after a quick listen....yep just another shitty song.
        How do they sleep at night? In a bed of money I guess.
        sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

I loved the song Wait. That came out right around the time I started driving, so that one was a good one to blast. .

Yeah, funny. Me too. Good solid fun song. But again they were 1 of so many fucking hair bands competing for an MTV video that most were lucky to get 1 or 2 videos out there with any airplay.

Mike Tramps voice was nice. Mark Slaughters voice still irritates the fuck out of me.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            I dug Vito's playing, but man did he push the Ed clone thing to the max or what? I actually liked this song and video...hey, who's that guy playing bass?

Say a special on VH1 I think and they said the VH formula was the blonde tarzan rock god lead singer and we saw how many tried to copy Dave. And for guitar was the smiling sweet innocent guitar shredder and they showed Vito and said he was most blatant ripoff.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
              Say a special on VH1 I think and they said the VH formula was the blonde tarzan rock god lead singer and we saw how many tried to copy Dave. And for guitar was the smiling sweet innocent guitar shredder and they showed Vito and said he was most blatant ripoff.
              Was it that Metal Evolution pile of shit that was on VH1 Classic? Sam Dunn did ok with "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" and the Rush and Iron Maiden documentaries. Metal Evolution started well enough, but when he started covering music he wasn't interested in it turned into a shit fest. He really gave the short shrift to the glam bands and let the grunge guys get away with being elitist ass-douches on camera for all the world to see.
              Last edited by gbranton; 03-09-2012, 02:34 AM.
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• rocking ron
                Head Fluffer
                • Sep 2010

I'm a long-time Y&T fan but I agree with Elvis, that video-clip ('w/ screams') is so fxxxxx Spammy, baaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhh

Better listen to their best album EARTHSHAKER

Comment

• Coyote
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Speaking of copies...

Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by sadaist
                    In their defense they were competing against a LOT of other identical bands for MTV airtime. Damn there was a lot of crappy hair bands during that period.
                    You got a point there.

Comment

Working...