X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Headly1984
    imo - maybe best ROCK song that can ever be recorded as a whole - it has everything - this is the kitchen sink of all rock songs ...

We can fly so high.. I never want to die .. Born to be wild ..
    Tried to thankyou, I was gonna post this song too. Supposed First mention of "Heavy Metal" ???
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

How did I miss this thread...

I think I must add something...

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Panamark LIVES !!!

This Has to be here !

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CrnqPPzQFRE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CrnqPPzQFRE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Comment

• Headly1984
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2011

my fav E tune - sounds timeless - it has summer, sex, chauvinism & charm - way to go Elvis ..

a little less flame and a little more spark ..satisfy me.. c'mon baby I'm tired of talkin, grab yur coat and let's go walkin' ..

Comment

• Mr Badguy
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

A Beatles number but I prefer this version of it.

sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

oh, fiona...

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Nice call Badguy

How can we ever forget JD ?

The first musician to acually make me want to listen to country, and see that
                    it could be taken past the "Jesus" chords. (G C D)

RIP John Denver, a great bloke too...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HkGS263lGsQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HkGS263lGsQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

And this, I dont know why is leading me to Billy Joel...

Not a live clip, but the studio soundtrack. This guy like John Denver and
                      so many others in this thread, "knew" where the river was, in fact I think he
                      wrote a song about it

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHfBXHari34?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHfBXHari34?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

seriously dudes and dudettes, how fucking cool is that fiona apple vid?

astonishing. great song too.

Comment

• VHscraps
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2009

'Have Love Will Travel' by the Sonics - 1959 dudes ... does this kick butt, or what?!

I see that Silvio Dante, man of taste, has picked a Big Star tune - maybe a lot of folks on Roth Army won't know them? From Tennessee, but a bit of a cult band in ... Scotland where I grew up surrounded by a lot of guys who started bands who tried to sound like this. So, here's the amazing 'September Gurls' from '74:

'Caravan', Van Morrison & The Band from the Scorsese movie, The Last Waltz, 1976. If you ain't seen it, watch it to the end - Van the fcking Man.

Last edited by VHscraps; 05-12-2012, 05:12 PM.
                          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Ah yes, the Sonics.... the true godfathers of punk. Before the Sex Pistols... before the Ramones... the Stooges... the MC5. Hell, before the Stones even.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VHscraps
                              Veteran
                              • Jul 2009

Ah, I am not surprised that Ford digs it. What a friggin' scream that singer has ...

A kick ass version of 'Money' here - I think the guitar player is cool, the way he fills up the gaps.

THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

unbelievably the sonics played here weeks ago supporting the hoodoo gurus.

Comment

Working...