Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Catfish
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

I saw Eddie Money about 20 years ago and hated him and then hated him since. But I've grown to appreciate his gravely voice and the fact that you're hard-pressed to spend a day on the dial and not come across one of his many hits. "I Wanna Go Back and Do It All Over Because I Can't Go Back I Know" is my favorite of his.

My buddy used to work at a resort in Hampton Beach and Eddie Money would play there every summer. My buddy recalls seeing EM sitting poolside smoking Marlboro Reds and drinking Budweisers all day as his children played on the water slides. I think that’s awesome!

Comment

• Halen High
      Commando
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      It's weird how music can bring smells back. I was spending a lot of time on the beach when some of those Eddie Money songs were playing on the radio. People would have their radios on the beach and you would hear them. It brought the smells of Newport Beach back. I could smell the surf and sand.
      When Nothing to Lose (1988) was released, I was in a long term relationship and knew it would soon be over. I was listening to it all the time while thinking how to break the news to her, and how great it's gonna be, to be single again. When I hear anything off that album - it takes me back to those times.

Comment

• Halen High
        Commando
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
        I saw Eddie Money about 20 years ago and hated him and then hated him since. But I've grown to appreciate his gravely voice and the fact that you're hard-pressed to spend a day on the dial and not come across one of his many hits. "I Wanna Go Back and Do It All Over Because I Can't Go Back I Know" is my favorite of his.

My buddy used to work at a resort in Hampton Beach and Eddie Money would play there every summer. My buddy recalls seeing EM sitting poolside smoking Marlboro Reds and drinking Budweisers all day as his children played on the water slides. I think that’s awesome!
        Yeah I love Eddie's voice and 'I Wanna Go Back...' is a favourite - a track we can all relate to having grown up in the 70s and 80s - the best era (at least I think it was). And cool story about Eddie - thanks.

Comment

• Halen High
          Commando
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
          This one always stuck with me, even though it really wasn't that big of a hit. What stood out in the early days of MTV were the very small handfuls of clips that attempted to tell a story, with a narrative somehow drawn out in the film that just happened to work well with the music. As a result, I always thought this little micro-movie was one of the best videos ever created.

Here, Money portrays an undercover vice cop concerned over the welfare of a young girl, and while it is never quite resolved as to what Money's motivation is, it is assured his actions are honorable ones.
          See all music videos Eddie Money
          Hey Craig - thanks mate!!! I'd never seen that clip.

Cheers bro.

Comment

• Halen High
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dan
            Two Tickets to Paradise-Eddie Money 1978

Yep that rocks! Killer song and a great clip. This video is so 70s and one that I love checking out - one of Eddie's best tracks. I wonder where it was shot? Is there a Van Halen connection with the venue?

Thanks Dan.
            Last edited by Halen High; 04-25-2012, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Halen High
              Commando
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
              that's Apollonia Kotero, before Apollonia 6 and Purple Rain.
              Is that right? Thanks - I was going to research her (LOL)......she's bloody hot mate!

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

A couple more faves, and what is the deal with these Youtube clips and the ads run before you can watch the video? I wind up posting these crummy, nearly static fan-made things instead, just to avoid the ads and get to the music immediately.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...