Queensryche planning to fire Geoff Tate? Backstage knife drama!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Fuck tate and the rest of this band!

I'll take your comments off the air

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

I can't think of anyone who would be interested in hearing what that fool has to say, or what music he performs.

Being the King Of Lameness, I would have to say it would be people who go "Jeff who? Oh, that guy who sang Silent Lucidity? Oh THAT guy....".

Funny....Tater has now been forced to be the frontman for a Queensryche cover band!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

I haven't asked my friend yet the details, but I think they're touring as GT solo, and probably going to keep the QR songs to a minimum.

Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

I can't belive that they got 10 pages on here ? Boring band. Liked about 5 songs.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Seems now Tater is putting together some kind of "all-star band" and going to be touring as something like "Queensryche starring Geoff Tate with an all-star lineup!".

Got the news from the QR facebook page............somehow on one of my FB accounts I had 'liked' the QR page last year, and now that Tater has stolen the FB page, I get shitty updates.

I think I need to block his sorry ass.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              Seems now Tater is putting together some kind of "all-star band" and going to be touring as something like "Queensryche starring Geoff Tate with an all-star lineup!".

Got the news from the QR facebook page............somehow on one of my FB accounts I had 'liked' the QR page last year, and now that Tater has stolen the FB page, I get shitty updates.

I think I need to block his sorry ass.
              One of my friends who I've known 25 years and played with is leading this band...

Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                I'm sure people will be lined up to see this show...
                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2006

News flash: I saw promo for upcoming That Metal Show w. Geoff Tater and Zakk Wylde, where Zakkk says "I'm the new singer of Queensryche!" LOL ; )
                  "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Saw that same promo.

And Lounge, good for your friend. Fairly high-profile gig, though it is under strange circumstances, lol.

Comment

• gbranton
                      Veteran
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
                      I saw promo for upcoming That Metal Show w. Geoff Tater
                      Watching it now.

The spitting and the attack? "I did that.......I lost my temper".

On the Queensryche name? I think he let it slip how he really feels "It's mine" he said.
                      "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• motherchicken
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by chefcraig
                        "Hello, I'm Earl Scheib and I'll paint any car, any color for $89.95.

It was only 29.95 when I was a youngster. I paid about 50 for a little body work and a paint job on my 57 Chevy in 76. They did a decent job. Mainly because the painter loved the car. On the other hand my mother took her 76 Mustang Cobra II to Earl and they painted over dirt, stickers, the exhaust, some on the tires and most of the chrome. Looked better when it was blue with a black front end.

Comment

• motherchicken
                          • Nov 2009

I thought Queensryche would make it big after Empire. They got almost as much airtime as Metallica after they put out The Black Album.
                          As far as Tate being a good singer but a shitty front man, I remember people saying the same thing about Paul Rodgers years ago. And Jim Morrison before that. Jims best attempt at showmanship was pulling out his pecker and giving it a couple tugs on stage.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

What?

I’m sure the last few months have been very frustrating for you.
                            I know they have been for me.
                            There are so many questions and so few answers.

It is said that adversity makes one stronger. Well, I’m definitely in a better place now than I’ve ever been before. I feel very positive and excited.

The challenge, when you’re in a creative environment, is keeping things fresh and invigorating, and after working with the same people for thirty years, it gets very difficult—You walk into the room, and everybody knows what everyone is going to do. There’s no spark, the chemistry is very tried and true and you just keep coming up with the same ways of expressing yourself.

Today is a new day and I am thrilled to announce the new Queensrÿche.

Joining me are: Rudy Sarzo, Bobby Blotzer, Glen Drover, Kelly Gray and Randy Gane.

Together we shall embark on a new musical journey that will be a greater extension of where Queensrÿche has ever been.

With this new project, with these new people, it’s a whole new scene. There are new ideas, different musical backgrounds and a whole new set of parameters. Everyone has ideas you haven’t heard before, and everyone is throwing them against the wall and suddenly … the music has a whole new life.

I look forward to this new life and I hope to see you on tour as all of us come together and begin this new era.

Geoff Tate
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

The "New Queensryche"????

Will there be half-naked chicks on stage, with fire-breathers and klowns and stuff?

*sigh*

Ok so will the new material he writes be worth a damn? You can surround yourself with the greatest musicians on Earth, but if your SOUL is gone, it will be a big buncha fluff.

Seriously, it is a great lineup of musicians. But what the fuck is the music going to sound like?

If it more of the same lame bullshit from the past 18 years or so, then he may as well go sell his WINE at the WINE TASTINGS.

By the same token, Queensryche "The Band" are going to have to come up with some great original material. Not just riding on their laurels from the first five albums and be a prog-metal nostalgia act (like they have been anyway for the past 10 years or whatever).

This may be a healthy competition thang that will provide us with more music than we would have expected.....but we WILL see what is going to happen.

When they release albums, I will check them out, decided what I like, and render an opinion then.

I am not expecting much from a 1980s lame new-wave-inspired sap who hates heavy metal.

"THE HILLS.....ARE ALIIIIVE....WITH THE SOUND OF BULLSHIT......".

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program "Mister Metal Goes To Town".

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

Poor Tater. His carefully-crafted plan to ruin Queensryche's legacy by turning their music into homogenized baby food has failed.

Hims all sad....

Comment

Working...