Comment

• fourthcoming

Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

• gbranton
          Veteran
          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by fourthcoming
          ....and Billy Idol: Rebel Yell for some strange reason......
          I love that whole album. He made another one in 2005 or so that was just as good, the massively underrated Devil's Playground.
          "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• lesfunk
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

it's nice to have a favorite song...
            http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by lesfunk
              it's nice to have a favorite song...
              ....right now. Don't forget about that ;-)
              The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Devil's Playground is good ??

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS

Not as good as "Rebel Yell" or GenX's "Kiss Me Deadly". But definitely better than "CyberPunk" or his Xmas album where he tried to channel Sinatra.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• gbranton
                    Veteran
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS

Uhhhh, yes.

And he has done a couple of new tracks for his greatest hits album that are good as well.

I think this stuff has the attitude and pop that made him famous. He is still great live. He says he is working on some new material with his son, I have my hopes up.
                    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
                      Veteran
                      • Aug 2005

I think the key for Idol is working with Steve Stevens, much like Ed working with Dave is the key for Van Halen. I think Stevens kicks ass.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                        I think the key for Idol is working with Steve Stevens, much like Ed working with Dave is the key for Van Halen. I think Stevens kicks ass.
                        Yeah, the guy he had on "Charmed Life" wasn't too bad, but I'm guessing a lot of that material was either written while Stevens was still in the band, or obviously an attempt by Billy to recreate that sound with the new guy... Mark....whatever his name was.

But Cyberpunk... that was such a total failure that he had to drag Generation X out of the closet to sell tickets for the tour...

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• gbranton
                          Veteran
                          • Aug 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                          Yeah, the guy he had on "Charmed Life" wasn't too bad, but I'm guessing a lot of that material was either written while Stevens was still in the band, or obviously an attempt by Billy to recreate that sound with the new guy... Mark....whatever his name was.

But Cyberpunk... that was such a total failure that he had to drag Generation X out of the closet to sell tickets for the tour...
                          Charmed Life was ok at best, it does have Cradle of Love on it, which he still plays live, albeit in somewhat modified form. As for Mark or Mike or whomever.....yeah, not heard from since. Phil Soussan did play on that album as well.

As for Cyberpunk, I think Billy was at the very depth of his drug and alcohol problems at that point and was accepting ideas and advice from people he would normally have told to fuck off.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by gbranton
                            I love that whole album. He made another one in 2005 or so that was just as good, the massively underrated Devil's Playground.
                            MASSIVELY underrated album. Devil's Playground is a killer album....Steve Stevens is great on that....the lyrics are killer too.As far as Gen X goes...I only own Valley Of The Dolls.....it's not bad in spots....but not great in others. I do like their version of Gimme Some Truth....but to reiterate....Devil's Playground is KILLER.....saw him on that tour at the Hammerstein in NYC with Stevens.....great show.
                            Last edited by Guest; 07-18-2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• envy_me
                              Swedish Love Pump
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Dec 2010

This song is so sexy and sad at the same time. LOVE IT!!

The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• fourthcoming

On another note.....I'm working today and was completely caught off guard to hear The Kinks 'Celluloid heroes' come on the radio. What a great tune. Tune of the day for me so far as of 4:17 EST 7/18/12.
                                Last edited by Guest; 07-18-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...