Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

I grew up in Warwick, one town over from West Warwick and the Station. West Warwick was always looked at by Warwick residents as a white trash version of Warwick. The only reason one went to West Warwick was because the town had a local DMV office and it was a shorter distance to go there than it was to go to Providence.
    I'd only been to the Station several times to see shows. Most of the acts were either local cover/tribute bands or acts, like Great White, that were a decade past their heyday. The Station was a place to go if you didn't feel like dragging your ass up to Providence to go to The Living Room.
    I didn't know anybody killed in the fire. I know a couple of people who did, but it's not a subject that's really talked about. I had already moved out-of-state a couple of years when the fire happened. My first thought when seeing the footage on CNN was that The Station was NOT a place where indoor pyro should have been used, period. Has little to do with being versed in indoor ignition burn rate propensities, and everything to do with common sense. The same common sense that one sees being ignored when people turn on their ovens in the middle of winter and open the oven doors in order to heat the house, or deep-fry a whole turkey on Thanksgiving in their kitchens rather than outside, and end up burning their houses down.
    The Station fire is tragic in that it was totally preventable. Just a senseless waste.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS
      No they don't...

They have a few good decent...
      Well that's your opinion I guess. I have all their stuff for the most part. And don't dislike much of it. Can't Get There From Here, Let It Rock & Psycho City are all strong albums. Not to mention One Bitten & Twice Shy, their two biggest albums. Well thats almost as many good albums as the orignal Van Halen. So I put them up there with the great 80's band's. And Tesla. Most of the shit out of the 80's is pure rubbish. Great White had musical ability. And that comes first for me. I couldn't give a fuck about lyrics for the most part.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Dang. Jack is looking quite rough these days. I've always loved his voice. And like many other singers to their bands, it just ain't Great White without Jack. But damn dude.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Yea I have no interest in the new cd without him. He had a face lift a few years back. I think they did it on a tv show ? I think they sucked his checks in a little to much. He is a nice guy.I always would ask him how momma Russell is doing when I talked to him. She wrote for Metal Edge years ago. Kind of shy really. I'm sure he carries around alot of guilt from what happened that night. I couldn't imagine.

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

Terrible tragedy for all involved..............

1st thing I do these days at any show is figure out an exit plan....................

Comment

Working...