X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

His stuff with Ratt/LA Guns or whatever are just to put beer on the table.
    You say that like that's a bad thing.....lol

Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      "You guys were great, Wasted in America is one of my favorite ever albums you really should have made it."
      "We did make it!"
      "Umm..."
      Sorry but thats fucking funny
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        This is one of those bands that I think could have made a bigger impact during their era if they could just hold it all together. They were like a rocket taking a nose dive shortly after lift off. The majority of the songs on their first CD were great. Half on the second. Jon E. Love was in jail by the third which, with a replacement, was only fair. Really just kept on going south. You still can make one mean compilation out of their best stuff though. Rough, raw, rugged, sleazy and drunk on Budweiser exclusively rock and roll. I don't even acknowledge Jizzy's efforts elsewhere. It's like Sesh said. Beer on the table.

Wasn't Darren Householder Love's replacement? That guy rips...
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by jhale667
          Wasn't Darren Householder Love's replacement? That guy rips...
          He does, but I think, as Jizzy put it, he was a bit too much of a shredder for their speed, so to speak. They took him in after auditioning loads of crap. He could clearly play, but didn't bust out the speed burning arpeggios until they got down to business. Ultimately, they never should have replaced Jon E. Love. He was a tasty raw finesseful player that was fine with embellishing Skids music and not necessarily writing or contributing his own.

Comment

• Green Manalishi
            Head Fluffer
            • Jul 2010

Possibly the most criminally under-rated rock band of all time .

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              I looked this up upon seeing your post. This is so sad seeing a great thing be plodded out like this. While there is nothing particularly identifiable about Joey Gold's drumming, the same cant be said about Skid or Jon. Those guys along with Jizzy (he must have some regrets now sidling himself with that handle) too me, are essential parts in order to call an act Love/Hate right now. I saw this current bass player with Ratt. No way could he bring what Skid could bring. Not to mention, they're playing Skid compositions! I wish great bands like this wouldn't devolve into such Spinal Tap-esque acts of self parody. The original line up aren't so old that they can't do it anymore, but if it's not going to happen, guys like Jizzy have to go out under a new name and start over. Tough as that may be.
              They can just about wing it with a hired gun guitarist but Skid is going to be missed big time.

When I heard they were coming over I got in touch with a friend who runs a big venue with various rooms and he said he had already passed on them because the break even point money wise was 240 people and he didn't think they would get that. He knows his stuff and I'm sure he's right. Back in the day they were headlining to 2000 here...

Comment

Working...