X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carloscda
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2009

People were complaining about Tatoo...

Did you hear that Crap that Bon Jovi put out today??!!

Lets see what people say about it?!

Tat is far better..
    Last edited by Carloscda; 01-07-2013, 10:18 PM.
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Barf Jovi is a no brainer when it comes to shit comparing with other shit like Tattoo. I'd say you have no argument here at all, really.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The only problem with Tattoo is that it was the first single and there was a nervous gap between it and anyone hearing the album. If it had been an album track then no one would have batted an eye.

As for Bon Jovi I don't think of them as even being in the same genre of music as Van Halen, Van Hagar maybe.

And it shouldn't be viewed as a sellout - the first Bon Jovi album wasn't hard rock by any stretch. They briefly went a bit heavier for a couple of albums but that was the fashion then.

Just checked the new song and it's nothing I could remotely be interested in.

Comment

• Zing!
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

Bonn Jovi sounded terrible on the 12/12/12 show.
        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Zing!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Zing!
            He was vocally over powered by Bruce. A guy who's atleast 12 years his senior who performs concerts that hover around the 4 hour mark. I'm embarassed for the lack of energy and vocal oomph Jon has for his age. He has no wind in the pipes and no aged rasp. He has nothing really. Yet, his faithful (including my wife, unfortunately) still turn out in droves. Hard to get what people see in his act. I honestly think the 3 songs I can name off of his first album were his best 3 songs. Every time I hear that fucking Livin' On A Prayer, I think of 3 things: 1) thanks for killing the cool about the Talk Box that was created by real guitar players Richie. 2) Desmond Child and 3) Same exact bass line as Heaven Is A Place On Earth by Belinda Carlisle. I'd swear shitty cookie cutter tunes like that were doled out like copyright free clip art. I could go on, but I'd better not. I'll just go to bed mad.

Comment

• fraroc
              Commando
              • Jun 2012

I always thought that the refrains to "Crazy Nights" and "Livin on a Prayer" sounded pretty damn similar to me.

And to all of you bagging on Bon Jovi. My Point of view is that, would you rather listen to Bon Jovi or (shudder) JUSTIN BIEBER
              How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                He was vocally over powered by Bruce. A guy who's atleast 12 years his senior who performs concerts that hover around the 4 hour mark.
                That's always mentioned like it's a good thing.

There is no band in the world including Van Halen that I would want to see play a 4 hour gig.

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

There is no band in the world including Van Halen that I would want to see play a 4 hour gig.
                  THIS. Okay, maybe Van Halen....

Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Maybe if they served dinner and showed Bugs Bunny cartoons...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I totally agree with you, but that's besides my point. on 12/12/12, Jon was like the guy who got stuffed by his older boss (pun intended) during a pick-up basketball game in front of uhhh...only about.... the whole friggin' world!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'd actually like to see a 2-1/2 to 3 hour VH show with more bullshittin' in between songs like the ol' days. Maybe more interludes during songs like Romeo Delight from 07/08. Fuck, I'd even take a rippin' instrumental that showcases Wolf a bit more. I know he doesn't want a solo spot. 4 hours could be a bit steep.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

I could see it being sort of like "An Evening With Rush".

90-minute main set with 30-minute break, then another 60-75 minutes.

2 shows in one!

No way though. Aint gonna happen.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

The only problem with Tattoo is that it was the first single and there was a nervous gap between it and anyone hearing the album. If it had been an album track then no one would have batted an eye..

I think the biggest problem was the awful video. They barely looked like they were phoning it in and Daves singing doesn't time up right. Not even half assed. Just a very lazy excuse for a video. You can't unsee it and it tainted Tattoo. First impressions & all. The song itself is pretty good blasting in the truck, but I still think of that crap video.

Shes The Woman was 1000x better and it was kinda weak. Except for Warfy that is.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...