X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Vengeance
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
    Johnny Blade and Junior's Eyes are incredible in my humble opinion.
    Yup. I always though the album got a bum rap. There's a lot of good tunes.
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by binnie
      Even 'Never Say Die'? Take off the title track and I'm not hearing much to get excited about..........
      Oh yeah ??

Johnny Blade, Junior's Eyes, Hard Road, Shock Wave and especially Air Dance...

All top notch material...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Well, maybe not Shock Wave, but I still like it...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Well, I say this 13 album sucks ass. Heard most of it already and it was enough.

They should have let Sabbath RIP.
          The Devil You Know was better than this crap.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

About the same, I'd say...

To Vinnie and Sabbath...

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
              Veteran
              • Jun 2005

I have heard 4 songs thus far on the radio and they all seem to follow the same pattern. They start off plodding and then about middle ways they pick up speed and change into something else. Sometimes they come back to murkiness and sometimes they don't. Historically, that is what made Sabbath tunes so cool in that they would always change and you would end up getting 2 or 3 songs in one. There is still some of that going on here i like the tunes once they change and pick up speed. Overall, i am happy with what i have heard thus far. I am not hearing what is turning some of you guys off. However, some of you thought Scream was a good record and i still can't figure that out either.
              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Why don't you fags put the Sabbath album away, and go back to watching the Kardashians.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Von Halen
                  Why don't you fags put the Sabbath album away, and go back to watching the Kardashians.
                  Can't i do both at the same time?
                  RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                  LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• BruinJer
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2004

I have the album.... it's no bueno. Too slow, they auto-toned the shit out of Ozzy's vocals (which is all you can do). I'm trying to have an open mind... I'm really trying.
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I've given it my first listen. Picked it up at Walmart today. I refused to spend the extra $5 to get the 2 cd version, for three added songs. If they are so good, they'd be on the album...anyway....

It's not bad. I wasn't ready to throw it across the room the way I was with the last Aerosmith abomination. I'll have to give it a good play on my stereo, because I had to listen on my laptop the first time. Ended up having to play around with the equalizer a bit to get the sound right. Goddamn new technology where they record everything so loudly...sound gets clipped, distorts...pisses me off.

Anyway it's got some good tunes. I was particularly inpressed with "Zeitgeist". Nice little song. "Loner" was smoking.

It seems like at times they, or Rick Rubin, are trying too hard to be "classic Sab". Most of the songs follow the same plan- start slow and plodding, change tempo to fast, change tempo back to slow. Thing is, you could predict pretty much every time change a mile away. Then it was like someone said, "Hey put some harmonica in there, like 'The Wizard'!"

Iommi sounds good! Some nice solos. Geezer is not pounding at all, but as I said, maybe when I give it a spin on my stereo. Ozzy..lot of help there, but what did you expect?

I wouldn't say it's better than The Devil You Know, but it's not too far off. Worth the $12 for sure. And it will certainly get more plays from I.
                      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Oh, anyone else make the connection with the thunderstorm at the end of the album? Full circle kind of thing, I guess?
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

More like a bad joke...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

I was in Walmart today and passed it up...

Comment

• Terry
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

I think rather than get 13 I'll just go ahead and get some of the classic Sab albums I haven't yet bothered to update from my old vinyl/cassette copies...

Either that, or just put Born Again into the car cd player and play Trashed while zooming down I-75 at 90 mph.

Saw a clip of Sabbath playing War Pigs down under this year, and Ozzy's vocals were pathetic: he couldn't even be bothered singing all the verses, much less make so much as a half-assed attempt to sing them in the original key - Ozzy sang a verse, then held the mic to the crowd and had them sing the next one, etc. Fuck, why would I pay premium ticket prices to hear the audience sing half the fucking songs?
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                                Fuck, why would I pay premium ticket prices to hear the audience sing half the fucking songs?
                                Yeah Dave...

I mean Ozzy...

Comment

Working...