X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Von Halen
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
    I'm going out in my car and I'm going to put it on, nice volume and see how it sounds there. It will be my second listen. I figure I'll still say afterwards that it's not bad.

Honestly....why people get so worked up over a fucking record? Don't like it? Don't listen. Why bitch endlessly about it? From what I can tell, those upset didn't even shell out the $12 to buy the thing.
    Yeah, fuck 'em! They must not remember Black Sabbath. I think they were hoping for a U2 record instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

It's certainly not as bad as some of you guys are making out. The problem is it's not instantaeous, largely because the songs are too long/jammy....
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Some of Sabbath's greatest songs were long and jammy.........this record didn't even peak my interest on any level!
        It just laid there and if an established band I've liked for decades can't grab my attention a few songs in.......there's no point and trying to like it for nostalgia's sake!

Plus, without Ward on what's billed as an original line-up recording, it's got to be amazing from the get go!
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

wasn't Iommi challenged from cancer when they did this album?

his creative filter may not have been where it usually is....

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
            Some of Sabbath's greatest songs were long and jammy.........this record didn't even peak my interest on any level!
            It just laid there and if an established band I've liked for decades can't grab my attention a few songs in.......there's no point and trying to like it for nostalgia's sake!

Plus, without Ward on what's billed as an original line-up recording, it's got to be amazing from the get go!
            So? Who's asking you to like it.
            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

So? Who's asking you to like it.
              About the same amount of people asking you to comment on my comments
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                wasn't Iommi challenged from cancer when they did this album?

his creative filter may not have been where it usually is....
                Yeah, he was!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                  Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I went into this album trying to keep and open mind. The early comments didn't lead me to expect much, but it isn't bad. But I did keep an open mind. I see too much of this from fans- they get attached to a band, and then expect that same initial "pop" that they got when they first discovered the band. Never going to happen. Especially when you discover a band as a kid and then follow them into your adulthood. People change. Bands change. Styles change.

Nothing drives me nuts more than the fan of a band who says, "Everything they've done since (insert album here) sucks." Everyone knows this guy- "Aerosmith hasn't done anything good since Draw the Line"..."The Stones haven't put out anything good since Tattoo You"..."Ozzy's sucked since Bark at the Moon", etc....

If you were looking to put 13 on and hear Sabotage, you were stupid in expecting it in the first place. If you wanted Master of Reality, go put on MOR!!!!
                  Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                    Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                    About the same amount of people asking you to comment on my comments
                    Well, commenting on what others say is what we do here...what did you expect? That's why it's a discussion forum.
                    Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

If you were looking to put 13 on and hear Sabotage, you were stupid in expecting it in the first place. If you wanted Master of Reality, go put on MOR!!!!
                      It's an excellent idea actually, especially if you're a fan and haven't heard them in a while.
                      I heard Looking for Today yesterday after not hearing it in years and was knocked out by it.

I thought there was some great stuff on Technical Ecstasy and Never Say Die, but everyone knows they took a beating from critics.
                      I haven't heard the new one yet, or Scream for that matter but I'll get around to it.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Listening to MOR always reminds me of High school religion class. The teacher was ranting about satanic rock music, and singling out BS. Someone brought in MOR and asked him to listen to "After Forever".

Oh yeah, in Canada, religion in school is prefectly legal...
                        Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Yeah, I guess it doesn't help that the original first album came out with an inverted cross on the inside cover and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath has 666 on the front cover.
                          After Forever seems to be a pro God song, not that lyrics are the first thing I listen to, but the Pope on a rope is a more distinguishable line than most of the song.

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

I was really pissed off when they wrote "After Forever".....

After all I had done for them, it looked like they were switching teams.
                            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Listening to MOR always reminds me of High school religion class. The teacher was ranting about satanic rock music, and singling out BS. Someone brought in MOR and asked him to listen to "After Forever".

Oh yeah, in Canada, religion in school is prefectly legal...
                              Your post reminded me of a big presentation a girl did at my parochial school, pretty much aimed at me and my two best friends, who were the "3 amigos of metal" in our class of mostly preppy douchebags. It was called "Expose on Rock Music" by Rev. Marty Tinglehoff or some shit. She'd sent away for the series to "save us" because she thought if we heard "Stairway to Heaven" and "Black Sabbath" backwards we'd hear the supposed backwards satanic messages. We didn't, and proceeded to make a joke of the entire thing, much to the chagrin of our would-be "savior" and the idiot teacher that wasted an entire class on it. In hindsight the teacher probably could've gotten into trouble as the tape was a Baptist preacher, not exactly approved listening. Even as teens we could debunk every stupid assertion made by the zealotard on the tape.

Finally, getting beyond frustrated, the girl looks at me and tries to go all condescending: "Now, Jay - YOU KNOW Ozzy worships Satan."

Told her "No, I know no such thing - it'd be kind of weird for a guy that screams 'God bless you all' after every song to be a satanist, don't you thnk?"

Suddenly she became FURIOUS - "He does NOT say that!" (she said as if she knew)

"Really? Ever been to one of his shows? We have." At that point my friends confirmed he did, as did a couple of other kids that had seen a live vid on MTV or something... I thought her head was going to explode...
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                                Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Originally posted by Satan
                                I was really pissed off when they wrote "After Forever".....

After all I had done for them, it looked like they were switching teams.
                                Ahh yes, Satan, but they were Born Again on this classic album!
                                Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

Working...