Hair Metal bands that actually ROCKED (opinion war starts NOW!)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anonymous
    Banned
    • May 2004

Talent is what you're born with, love.

Sebastian was born with that voice. He's talented.

Bruce Dickinson, by contrast, is far superior to Sebastian. So superior, in fact, that he may very well be the BEST modern singer - read, not classical - alive or dead. SO much so that I shouldn't even be cuntapring the two. But let's, for sake of definition.

But his voice SUCKED. I listened to him before Iron Maiden. What he has, he has through hard work & love of singing. And THAT is much more valuable than talent.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Bach's voice grates like jelly on a hard boiled egg.

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

It certainly does now. Talent doesn't last forever, while hard work does.

For one final cuntparison, let's notice how Bruce is MUCH better today than when he started & how Sebastian is pretty much done with.

What you have doesn't last forever - you have to work in what you DON'T have.

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I agree. I mean, Wiki won't last forever as Roth's hair line, Eddie's liver and my weed being legal. Gotta enjoy it while you can.

Never was fan of Maiden. Always thought they were a sad proggy wannabe shit metal for high school drop outs who never heard the term "dental hygiene."

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

I wasn't talking about Maiden. As much as I respect the band & like their music, I have to agree with your statement. I mean, I've met old skool Iron Maiden fans recently. And yes, they ARE high school drop outs. They are one of the reasons I'm not a Metalhead any more.

Don't get me wrong, I STILL love Metal more than anything. I just don't preach it or live by it anymore.

I was talking about Bruce. Now there's a smart fellow. As soon as he proved he could make it outside Maiden - prove it to himself, maybe? - by releasing what is probably the best Metal album of all times, he went right back for easy living, jet-flying & money piling.

Bruce deserves anything he can get his hands on.

Comment

• Kristy
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Bruce was a pussy. A rich one at that. Dude owns his own private WWII plane and shaves his pubic hair while in flight. Okay so I made that up. I'm not big on metal - all sounds contrived and recycled.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  If I didn't know any better, I'd say Nick is showing the first signs of Wiki withdraw. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.
                  What's a "Wiki withdraw?" Did you mean "withdrawal"?

No wonder why you have rip off other peoples' stuff you stupid douche...

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

Bruce was never a pussy. Certainly not a rich one. He NOW may own whatever he wants, but he was poor.

And walking out of the richest, most money-making Metal band ever is not something a pussy would do. A cunt, maybe.

But time proved him right. And Maiden WOULD sound recycled - they're the second wave, basically doing what others, like Sabbath, Pries & Purple were doing before. But they do sound good & that's what matters. They certainly knwo how to play.

In fact, and you're gonna love this, that's why Bruce quit in the first place. there was nothing new or exciting about Maiden, so, he quit.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

There was only one tune I like by Maiden and that was....

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Um...

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

Bruce is a fucking legend. A high achiever with self belief enough for 10 men. If only half of us could accomplish a small % of what he's done for himself...

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Oh yeah, 'Wrathchild'

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              What's a "Wiki withdraw?" Did you mean "withdrawal"?

No wonder why you have rip off other peoples' stuff you stupid douche...
                              Sí Señor, me no speak Wiki speak.

Comment

• Anonymous
                                Banned
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                                Bruce is a fucking legend. A high achiever with self belief enough for 10 men. If only half of us could accomplish a small % of what he's done for himself...
                                If half of us accomplished 10% of what he's done for himself, we'd be damn near utopia, believe that.

I said in another thread that Dave is one of two human beings I look up to.

Bruce isn't the other one. I would NEVER do him the disgrace of cuntsidering him a human being.

Rock on, you Starchild, you. Fuckin' midget.

Comment

Working...