X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Fuck You Bob Seeger!

My clock radio just came on. Fucking Bob Seeger.

While he is a decent songwriter, and has had much success, any time I hear his goddamnable crap, I want to kill the device that is vomiting his fucking music. It is the same reaction as when I hear the Fat Klown Spambot Asshole. Except with the Fat One's garbidge, my reactions is much more immediate and MUCH more violent.

Fucking goddamn fuck motherfucker.

Last edited by Hardrock69; 02-01-2013, 04:02 PM.
  • Headly1984
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2011

huh, guy had a hell of a career - from Smokin OP's to Live Bullet I thought he was making great music -except turn the page - that one is practically a dirge

Feel Like a Number / Against the Wind / If I were a Carpenter & many more all good imho

- just caught the sammy edit - only sammy song I still like is the 'heavy metal' soundtrack tune
    Last edited by Headly1984; 02-01-2013, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bob Seger hasn't toured in like a couple decades or so, and suddenly he's doing a major tour? As in, playing the Tacoma Dome, which is fairly large, as concert venues go. I don't plan on going to the show, but I'd be shocked if he actually sells out the gig.

Joe Walsh is opening, oddly enough. Maybe that will help the sales, but even between the two of them.... I don't know about selling out the big arenas (or more accurately, smaller stadium in this case)
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Headly1984
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2011

Seger played Buffalo NY last yr and tics sold out in hours - I heard about the concert on the radio, got home and sold out -doh!

He had a short tour planned and it went so well they extended it - glad to hear he is back out - really want to catch that guy live with a full horn section

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Kristy didnt start this thread..wow..saw Fuck you and just figured

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

LOL no shit, so did I!
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

YEAH! Hear that, Bob? FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

He will sell out the Tacoma Dome. He has so many hits and has not toured in so long, he will sell out everywhere.

Same as Steve Miller does whenever he decides to tour.

Though I like some of Steve Miller's stuff.

Like I said: I cannot deny Bob has had a stellar career.

I just hate hearing his voice.

And I hate "Turn The Page" extremely much.

And I think Metallica were a bunch of fucking unoriginal pussy asslicking morons for deciding to do the song.

Unless it was because they wanted Bob to suck them off for padding his bank account.

Heh.....Bob Seeger....in the midst of 4-way Metallica Bukkake...

Comment

• Headly1984
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2011

Metallica proved they suck at cover songs when they put out a tuned down Sabra Cadabra - THAT is truly a waste of anyone's time to listen to

Stevie guitar Miller - his 'other' greatest hits album is a very good listen imo - the 68-73- not the other one everyone is sick of lol!

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Metallica finally put the nail of suckiness in their career coffin when they did this:

Fucking putz

Comment

• Headly1984
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jul 2011

Death Magnetic was something I liked. Unforgiven III has a way too long of an intro but the rest of it was ok 4 me

lulu seemed like a self inflicted St. Anger - those guys are rich and the 1 battles substance abuse - may have been a way to lower expectations and take a break

Comment

• Zing!
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

Feel the same way about Seeger. While he had a hell of a career and made a boatload of cash, I would be perfectly fine with never hearing another one of his songs for the rest of my time on this mortal coil. Same goes for Tom Petty. And Heart. And The Eagles. And...

Classic rocks stations have pretty much ruined a lot of acts for me by recycling the same 500 or so songs endlessly and never - or very, very rarely (at least during prime time hours) - branching out into deeper cuts. Classic VH seems to be one of the few exceptions to that rule in this area - as you could hear any track from the first album at any given time. But I'll be damned if you'll hear anything from ADKOT. So far I've heard 'Tattoo' once and 'She's The Woman' once on our local classic rock station. Otherwise, it's the same old Rush tunes, Pink Floyd (because I need to hear Another Brick In The Wall yet again...), Start Me Up, Who Are You?, Old Time Rock & Roll, Light My Fire, Rock & Roll All Nite, Stairway To Heaven, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, fucking blah...
                        Last edited by Zing!; 02-01-2013, 06:40 PM.
                        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Who's Bob Seegar? If memory serves right he's the guy that sung "Against the Wind" and "Night Moves". Yeah. Fuck that asshole. I hated those shit songs.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

What sparked this thread was having my clock radio go off and fucking "Old Time Sucking Cock" was on the radio.

I need to change the thing to a different station. The Gnashville classic rock station sucks fucking ass. I will hear the same song 2 -3 times a week sometimes when my clock radio goes off.

Makes me realize how useless the classic rock format is. Most of my friends hate it, and refuse to listen to it.

I hate radio in general, due to the commercials. And the fact that I get to make my own fucking playlist.

Comment

• gbranton
                              Veteran
                              • Aug 2005

"Women have come, women have gone
                              everyone tryin to cage me
                              some were so sweet
                              I barely got free
                              some they only enraged me
                              sometimes at night I see their faces
                              I see the traces they've left on my soul..."

Pure poetry there, the "Live Bullet" version is one of my favorite things.
                              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...