Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonrisa salvaje
    Veteran
    • Jun 2005

What are the odds that Hank ends up screwing Ophelia the man hater?
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
      What are the odds that Hank ends up screwing Ophelia the man hater?
      Give it a couple of episodes... Though she'll probably do Marcy first.
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Great article about how Grammys do not allow lip-synching. Once again, Taylor Shit proves she can't sing if her life depends on it.
        Some friends here in Gnashville who actually watched her bullshit performance were disgusted.

The bitch cannot sing. Why the fuck is she on an awards show with actual musicians and people who CAN?

I bet the secret will never come out that she is actually tone-deaf.

Grammys 2013: Where lip-syncing is off-limits
        After Milli Vanilli, live performances are required for music's biggest night.

Strutting the stage in her white tuxedo jacket, shorts and sparkling top hat, Taylor Swift opened Sunday's Grammy Awards with a live performance of her current hit, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together."

Inside Staples Center, the singer's performance earned loud applause. But to the Twitterverse watching at home, the pop and country superstar sang a little bit flat.

Swift was dancing in the footsteps of countless artists who have performed live at music's biggest night. Unlike Beyoncé at President Obama's inauguration last month, Swift had no choice: She had to sing and take her chances.

That's because the Grammys have a zero-tolerance policy for lip-syncing, requiring all performances be live.

"Since Milli Vanilli, the mandate has been made absolutely unequivocally," said Michael Abbott, the audio director who has helped coordinate the show's live performances for more than 20 years. "The Grammys only have live performances, no questions about it."

Grammy officials say the no lip-syncing edict came after pop and dance group Milli Vanilli was stripped of its 1990 best new artist award when the duo admitted that they did not use their actual voices on their album or in performances.

Abbott acknowledges that the insistence that all of its live acts are 100% live hasn't quieted skepticism.

After R&B star Chris Brown's acrobatic dance performance at last year's Grammys, many wondered how he could possibly pull off those moves while singing on key.

Though the Grammys allow performers to use some special sound effects and track augmentation during their performances, Abbott insists viewers are hearing their actual voices and instruments.

As performances continue to become more elaborate, artists face new challenges to ensure the quality of their sounds, said Ilana Martin, a voice coach who has worked with artists such as P. Diddy and Alicia Keys.

Martin said the ideal physical setup for a vocal performance is standing at a microphone – such as country star Carrie Underwood's performance of her songs "Blown Away" and "Two Black Cadillacs" at Sunday night's show.

Artists known for their moves such as Usher and Pink are known to practice singing while running or jumping on trampolines to master singing while their bodies are bouncing, Martin said.

During his performance with rapper Wiz Khalifa at Sunday's Grammys, R&B singer Miguel sang while dashing down the aisle of the audience — and his crooning on "Adorn" didn't falter.

"If you've got the fire in your belly, and sing with your whole spirit," Martin said, "you're going to rock the performance."

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

I dunno...I mean, if I were thinking about listening to a band I'd never heard before, the fact that they were Granny winners would be meaningless in terms of deciding to check them out or not.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

True. It is like taking a fake product made in China and labeling it so people think it is the real thing.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Terry
              I dunno...I mean, if I were thinking about listening to a band I'd never heard before, the fact that they were Granny winners would be meaningless in terms of deciding to check them out or not.
              Yeah, that would be on par with picking your next CD purchase based on the Rolling Stone review section.

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

No interest in the Grammys.............

I'm not in the demographic by a couple of decades....and it illustrates how lame music is right now....disposable Pop-trash

Comment

• Northern Girl
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I enjoyed the show. Discovered some new music I liked. That's always good.
                  Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                    No interest in the Grammys.............

I'm not in the demographic by a couple of decades....and it illustrates how lame music is right now....disposable Pop-trash
                    Most types of popular culture (movies/tv/music) are clearly designed, geared and marketed toward teens, specifically girls. I suppose that's still where the highest amount of disposable income is to be found.

While I'll readily agree Taylor Swift is a talentless hack who can't cut it live, Swift isn't making records for me to listen to or buy. In many ways, it's beside the point if I like what she does or not. Doubtless that Swift and her fans could care less what I or others in my demo think.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

Spot on Terry.............

and most rock bands are targeted towards the 12-22 yr old demo..........been some time for me....which is also why most bands last maybe 5 years...their fans grow up & stop spending money for another 20 yrs until they hit the oldies tour!

Comment

• Northern Girl
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I was happy to see that Rap/hip hop was pretty much nonexistent and bands like Mumford and Sons and the Lumineers are popular [and not just with the Grammy committee]. Time for change...
                        Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Impure thoughts...

Originally posted by Coyote
                          Here's a thought...
                          Am I the only one that wants to see this sex tape?
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Coyote
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                            Am I the only one that wants to see this sex tape?
                            No, you're not.
                            Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I think that's Katy Perry on the left, but who's the one on the right?
                              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Coyote
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                                I think that's Katy Perry on the left, but who's the one on the right?
                                Achy Breakys daughter

Comment

Working...