HOLY KRAP! Country Star Mindy McReady Committed Suicide!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

HOLY KRAP! Country Star Mindy McReady Committed Suicide!

Country music star Mindy McCready commits suicide: report
    The 37-year-old singer died Sunday night, her brother confirmed to the Daily News.
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 9:15 PM
    Updated: Sunday, February 17, 2013, 9:15 PM

Country music star Mindy McCready has reportedly committed suicide.

The 37-year-old singer has died Sunday night, her brother confirmed to the Daily News.

Andrea Canning, a reporter with NBC Dateline, tweeted, “Just got a call from Mindy McCready's best friend that she shot and killed herself this evening. My heart breaks for her two boys. RIP”

McCready recorded five studio albums throughout her career, but she was perhaps best-known for her affair with former Yankees pitcher Roger Clemens.

The singer, who had two young boys, had reportedly struggled with alcohol and mental health issues in recent months and had checked herself into an inpatient rehab facility two weeks ago after the death of her boyfriend, producer David Wilson.

Wilson’s death was initially reported as a suicide, but the sheriff's office in Cleburne County, Ark., has an opened an investigation into it.

Link to local Nashville TV Station:

• FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yet another casualty of "Celebrity Rehab". How many is that now, 5?

I had a feeling that she wasn't going to make it. Not a fan, but it's sad anyway.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

a waste, damn shame
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Musician faced numerous challenges following the Jan. 13 death of her boyfriend songwriter David Wilson

I had hoped she would be ok, but it seemed like her life was just one disaster after another....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

I only think about those two kids....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

terribly tragic.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I have no idea who this is. Or why the local news would lead with it tonight.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Northern Girl
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Third times the charm....
                Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Northern Girl
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Complete train wreck...

Singer Mindy McCready dead at age 37

Feb. 17, 2013, 9:48 PM EST

HEBER SPRINGS, Arkansas (AP) — Mindy McCready, who hit the top of the country charts before personal problems sidetracked her career, died Sunday of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, authorities said. She was 37.

A news release from the Cleburne County Sheriff's Office said McCready was found dead with what appeared to be a single, self-inflicted wound. She was found on the front porch of a home.

Waren Olmstead, the county coroner, said McCready died Sunday in Heber Springs but couldn't immediately provide further details. He had no information on who was taking care of her two sons.

McCready arrived in Nashville in 1994 with tapes of her karaoke vocals and earned a recording contract with BNA Records.

In 1996, her "Guys Do It All the Time" hit No. 1 and its dig at male chauvinism endeared her to females. Her other hits included "Ten Thousand Angels," also in 1996, and her album by that title sold 2 million copies.

However, personal problems plagued her beginning in 2004 and included a custody battle with her mother over one of her sons.

McCready took her older son Zander from her mother and the boy's legal guardian, Gayle Inge, in late 2011. She fled to Arkansas without permission over what she called child abuse fears. Authorities eventually found McCready hiding in a residence without permission and took the boy into custody.

She and her boyfriend David Wilson had a son, Zayne, in April of 2012. The older son has a different father.

In May 2010, she was hospitalized briefly after police responded to an overdose call at a home in North Fort Myers, Florida, owned by her mother. This followed a stint on "Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew," where she delcared herself clean from drugs.

In 2004, she was charged with obtaining the painkiller OxyContin fraudulently at a pharmacy. She pleaded guilty and was placed on three years' probation.

She violated the probation with a drunken driving arrest in May 2005. Then she attempted suicide in July 2005, overdosed in September 2005 and slit her wrists again in December 2008.

Also that year, McCready was charged in Arizona with hindering prosecution and unlawful use of transportation. Those charges stemmed from an alleged attempt in June 2005 to purchase two high performance boats, but she claimed she was trying to stop a con man.

Growing up in Fort Myers, she took seven years of private vocal lessons and later sang in karaoke bars.

After getting her recording contract, she did concert appearances with top country stars including George Strait, Tim McGraw and Alan Jackson.

Her other singles included "Maybe He'll Notice Her Now," ''A Girl's Gotta Do (What a Girl's Gotta Do)" and "You'll Never Know."
                  Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I didn't even know who she was.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                      I have no idea who this is. Or why the local news would lead with it tonight.
                      She had a couple of big country hits several years ago....

...decent voice, for that sort of music. But it seems like all 10,000 of those angels lost her phone number.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

Sigh....god I was still rooting for her.

RIP Girl. I am losing another friend I am sure soon to this same type of dispair....God Help Him.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

Alcoholism is a bitch.
                          Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-18-2013, 12:18 AM.
                          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                            Sigh... I am losing another friend I am sure soon to this same type of dispair....God Help Him.
                            intervention, maybe?

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by ashstralia
                              intervention, maybe?
                              We have been trying....lost my mom to manic-depressive....this guy is a grown man determined to meet the same fate....he needs professional help and not my fist stopping him....I hope his rock bottom is just jail...not suicide. My boss and myself have spent all weekend and months before that trying to save his life....he just wants to drink himself to death.

Comment

Working...