X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Green Manalishi
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2010

Originally posted by jhale667
    He's definitely an asshole, but his talent is undeniable...
    That's pretty much it right there . Glaringly ASSHOLE move by the Purple One despite his talent . This move alone has dropped my respect for Prince a few notches . Very un-professional . What a waste of a perfectly sound guitar .

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I won't claim this is genius, or virtuosic. But it's fuckin' cool!

Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
        I'll definitely give you that - he's good with marketing. He created a brand that's sort of mysterious.. He shows up every now & then, kills it and goes home. I guess that adds to it. I thought his Super Bowl performance a few years back was one of the better ones in a long time.
        It's almost like Disney video marketing. They release it and then keep it off the market for a few years to keep it special and rare. Prince does the same. He pulls out before people go oh shit not Prince again. I'm so tired of this fuck. He will roll out again in a few years with something new but with the elements there that made people like Prince in the beginning.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Coyote
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          In that Kevin Smith video I posted he tells how Prince called his PA at 2 am out of the blue demanding that someone deliver a camel to Paisley Park immediately.

If that story was about a young drunk Roth or Ozzy it's really funny.

When it's about a sober religious nut in his 50s who will sack you if you don't manage to explain how it's impossible to his satisfaction suddenly it's not pleasant.
          I thought it was a giraffe...
          Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• Zing!
            Veteran
            • Oct 2011

In that Kevin Smith video I posted he tells how Prince called his PA at 2 am out of the blue demanding that someone deliver a camel to Paisley Park immediately.
            As in a pack of smokes or the ungulate?
            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

I somehow feel people who criticize people like Prince would be just as bad if not worse if they found themselves in his shoes. I don't think most people would handle fame or fortune very well. Most people couldn't handle a fast super car if they had one. It's kind of the same deal.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...