X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
    Fucking pisses me off when people do interviews and then act like dicks. Don't want to do it? DON'T. Otherwise don't act like a cunt when someone asks you questions!

What do you expect from a man that looked like a wolfman and destroyed hotel rooms? Hell when there is a full moon Ginger probably turns into one and prowls around London at night.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

They Rolling Stone interview he did a few years back made him come off like a real ass to me. I don't even think the guy likes music. He did the Cream reunion for the cash.

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Foreigner opened at that Led Zep gig.....

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

Hey Ginger...you know what you are???
          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
            They Rolling Stone interview he did a few years back made him come off like a real ass to me. I don't even think the guy likes music. He did the Cream reunion for the cash.
            At least the man is honest. He could be telling candied up lies.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Yeah, Baker may well be a prick, but to me one Ginger Baker (regardless of his personality shortcomings) is more worthwhile than virtually any number of rock journalists/interviewers who ever lived...and I'm not even that much of a Cream/Baker fan.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                Foreigner opened at that Led Zep gig.....
                You mean Mick Jones and his tribute band?

Actually even Mick Jones missed some of the more recent tours, which made them even more of a fraud.

Not that they worth a damn after their third album anyway, even with Lou Gramm and the rest of the actual band members.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
                  All the ex-members of Cream really HATE Zeppelin. Jack Bruce went on a spectacular rant about how crap he thought Zeppelin were quite recently
                  And that's why they can suck my dick. Zeppelin annihilated them. Yeah Cream is great, their albums are pretty cool and the live stuff is awesome but sorry Zeppelin did it all better. Hating on the kings just makes Bruce and them look petty.

The Ertegun gig... Zep always had great respect for him, and one of the reasons they did the gig was for his memory. They certainly didn't attach their names to it to get attention and hi-jack it.

Cream really actually played at that same show? That should have generated attention too, but a Zeppelin reunion is the biggest thing in rock. Cream can put out an album and go on tour if they want attention. Jack Bruce can't because no one gives a shit about him.
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

To me the weak link in Cream was always Clapton - I've really, really never understood the hype.....
                    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Nigel
                      Roadie
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                      Actually, he did it for the cash and the fact that Jack Bruce almost died until he received his liver transplant
                      from Celebrity Organs International, just like Lou Reed and Larry Hagman.

Ginger at least told the press he did it for his buddy, Jack. btw here's another cunt drummer, AVH!

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                        To me the weak link in Cream was always Clapton - I've really, really never understood the hype.....
                        To me, Clapton was the least interesting player to come out of the Yardbirds...

I dunno why all that Clapton Is God business started up in the first place; maybe for 5 minutes in 1966 it was valid, until Hendrix showed up...
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

True dat.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I've met him!

'T'was years ago when that wizened junkie limey fuckwit was living in Colorado raising llamas or some such shit. He was at Rupp's Drums shaking hands and signing drum heads for autographs. He said "Pluuuuzzed ta meet jha" in his wizened junkie limey fuckwit voice. Pretty boring, actually. Just like his drumming.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

I might change the mantle over my avatar to 'wizened junkie limey fuckwit'

That's quite a turn of phrase.
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• fraroc
                                Commando
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by chefcraig
                                Baker has always been an odd duck. I recall seeing him with one of his Air Force pick-up bands, opening for the Doobie Brothers in 1974 or so. The guy was leaning over his kit and vomiting into a bucket while playing. I guess you have to grudgingly admire that sort of "professionalism", yet at the same time, be equally appalled by it.
                                There was this one time during the Revenge tour where Eric Singer had the flu but you know KISS...no matter what the show goes on. The whole show there was a garbage pail placed conveniently in his drum set where he would kick ass on the drums while vomiting his brains out in between songs (he didn't get the privilege of singing Black Diamond or Beth yet.) I admire that he made it through the whole show smelling his own vomit that was inches away from him, gross huh?
                                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

Working...