• Apr 2005

John Lennon Auditioning on The Voice

The epitome of truth.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Lennon's family is black and Indian ??

I'm glad Lennon isn't around to see what happened to music and TV propaganda...

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sad truth is that NOBODY who made any real music between 1962 and 1996 would have ever passed the "audition" on any of these corporate cookie cutter crap TV shows.

Which is the entire point.....

They are not looking for true talent at all. They are looking for bubblegum conformity.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

What they're looking for is disposable/marketable crap that will sell to a clueless public for a quick(er) profit. Music, as we all once really knew and understood it died back in 2004.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
          What they're looking for is disposable/marketable crap that will sell to a clueless public for a quick(er) profit. Music, as we all once really knew and understood it died back in 2004.
          Nah, it wasn't 2004. It was 1996. A lot of really bad things happened that year.....

Ramones broke up.
          Soundgarden broke up.
          Van Halen "reunited", then broke up again.
          Bill Clinton signed the "Telecommunications Reform Act" which directly enabled the corporatization of radio.

After all that happened within a year, it's like any thing worthy in music collectively said "fuck it" and gave up.

And the fact that both Van Halen and Soundgarden finally came back didn't have the effect I hoped it would. I was thinking two great albums from two classic bands would inspire some new great rock n roll.....
          Last edited by FORD; 06-28-2013, 10:16 PM.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by FORD
            Nah, it wasn't 2004. It was 1996. A lot of really bad things happened that year......
            Agreed.. from 96-99 all kinds of bad things were going down. limp bizkit??? korn - that whole metal/rap garbage, creed, etc... nightmare!
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

2004 was the birth of the MySpace band thus destroying music forever.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hey... let's not knock MySpace now... Joe Thunder launched his "music" career there!

And believe it or not, his fucking page is still up!

I just dont play EXCLUSIVE music, I make it!!!!!!'s profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

Last edited by FORD; 06-29-2013, 01:54 AM.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• hambon4lif
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  Hey... let's not knock MySpace now... Joe Thunder launched his "music" career there!

And believe it or not, his fucking page is still up!

I just dont play EXCLUSIVE music, I make it!!!!!!'s profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

At this point, if anyone still has a MySpace page, they deserve to be 'treated' by the sounds of Box Lunch 'music'.

Real music is about to make a major comeback, which means that tubby Joe is going to actually have to go out and find a motherfucking job!!

"Yeah, I want cheese on that! Give me the total when we drive up to the fucking window, round-ass!!"

I knew he wasn't going to amount to shit! I should've punched him in the face when I had the chance. Loser!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

2004 was the birth of the MySpace band thus destroying music forever.
                    How did it destroy music forever ??

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      How did it destroy music forever ??
                      Well, certain bands who had become parodies of themselves started recruiting new lead singers that way

(The bands formerly known as Yes, Journey, and Boston come to mind, for examples)
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Because anyone who wanted to be in a band could be in a band. You didn't have to have talent, experience or even pay dues. MySpace was a failed musicians dreamworld

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Because anyone who wanted to be in a band could be in a band. You didn't have to have talent, experience or even pay dues. MySpace was a failed musicians dreamworld
                          Oh, come on. Prior to MySpace, etc. shitty musicians still formed bands. The only difference is that MySpace and other similar sites gave them a place to share that music.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4 Beta
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

What were you called?

Maybe I've heard of you....
                            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                            Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                              The only difference is that MySpace and other similar sites gave them a place to share that music.
                              That is my point, most dog and pony MySpace bands should have never been heard - much less seen. Thus, it killed music as we know it.

Comment

Working...