X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jhale667
    The only thing I regularly cut & paste are the drum tracks (since I don't have a drummer at the moment, hello), and that's basically the MIDI info. But you can snap each segment to the grid so the timing is right. But some of my "name" friends told me when I first got Pro Tools to avoid that approach with true instrument tracks, so they have all the nuances and different string squeaks and whatnot of a live track that cutting and pasting the same verse or chorus or whatever wouldn't. Great advice.
    If you expand your wave file view, in your DAW, with the drums tracks selected, you'll see that if you're doing straight beats with just the kick, snare and hh's.......it's one of the easiest instruments to edit down to a click on the hh's.......I'm talking real drums not that MIDI shit

It's really impossible to edit out or punch in a ride cymbal or a full crash......too much over-ring like sustain on a guitar. It's probably been done in rock but as far as editing something that much and that precise.....seems like it would be faster to record the fucking thing again!

Other than step recording, where we'll do multiple takes of each verse or any other part that repeats itself throughout the song! If you have three verses you record each one, one at a time, other than playing the whole song through in a take. Except for the drums, which I play live each take throughout the entire song........but I'm not a pussy guitarist
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
      Ain't those moments the ones what bring character & emotion to the music?

If it's flawless, it's boring.

Like Math. Like Dream Theater.

Cheers!
      Pretty much!
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
        I'm going to date rape you when I come to Colorado this winter.
        I'd love to see you try and leave the scene with you balls still intact.

Creep.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Kristy

Creep.

I'm sensing some sexual tension between you two...
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy

Creep.
            I'll leave them for you as a souvenir. The Von Halen Anal Invasion Tour 2013 at Kristy's in Colorado!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

I ran into Kristy in a dark alley once. She yelled, "RAPE!!!!", I looked at her and yelled "FUCK NO!!!!!"
              Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                I ran into Kristy in a dark alley once. She yelled, "RAPE!!!!", I looked at her and yelled "FUCK NO!!!!!"

Penthouse pg 424 May 23rd 1984.
                Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

Working...