Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It's not rock n roll, it's karaoake. Just because his choice of karaoke tunes are slightly less lame than Clay Achin's karaoake tunes or Adam Lamebert's karaoke tunes, he still ain't rock n roll.

If the kid cashed in on his looks and formed a Meat Loaf tribute band*, that wouldn't really be rock and roll either.... but it would be better than Covercheese or Journey, I guess.

* - seriously, this is Meat Loaf's kid, right??
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Rock and Roll and American Idol mix as well as anchovies and ice cream. It's just a plain bad idea. Rock and roll is born in basements and garages. Then it goes to high school assemblies and parties. Then it goes to the bars. Then it goes on tour with a headliner. Then it is the headliner.

The thing is, real rock and roll doesn't have to be big. It just has to rock. If you can't do it in somebody's backyard you can't do it at all.

I get it though. There is no longer a recording industry as we knew it. It used to be the A&R guys would spot the talent in clubs. Now people go on American Idol to get discovered and yeah they will make you a star but take a large percentage of what you make. Oh well. You probably will make more than waiting tables at Denny's.

I just don't find the American Idol route as interesting as Mr. Big discovering some band in some seedy joint full of smoke and whores where people do blow in the bathroom stalls.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Hiya Shoes! I watched Caleb tonight on Idol and he did a little of what I suggested. Let's see if he wins and says "fuck idol you fucks" on conclusion.....

One thing does alert me though....watching american idol wants me to take drugs....hell being drunk helps....smoking a doob before watching it makes me turn it off. So, it's got that working for/against it.
        Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-15-2014, 12:40 AM.
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I loved the smashing of the mic stand.

Oh dear.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Ooooh...

He smashed a mic stand ??

He really is Rock & Roll...

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

I watched the video of the guy singing Still Of The Night. I don't watch the show but I thought the singer did a decent job of imitating David Coverdale if that's what he was trying to accomplish. Somebody made a comment about J Lo shaking her tits like that's a bad thing. I don't care for her music but I'll watch her shake her tits anytime. She has a lovely pair. I think this guy will make a decent living in the entertainment business even if he just gets a gig with a cover band like the Atomic Punks or Led Zeppagain. It might not have looked like rock and roll but it sounded like rock and roll to me. Now I'm gonna go back and watch J lo shake her tits some more.
              Last edited by cadaverdog; 05-19-2014, 12:42 AM.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

More like American Idol doing Soft Rock! Sounds like Journey has been covered to death on that show. I'll be impressed if two musicians on that stupid Idol show can pull this off around the 25:17 mark of this video.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Not a chance...

Shows like Idol and The stupid Voice are strictly karaoke with starry eyed contestants hoping to get on some fantasy short cut to "make it."

It's stupid...

Idol should be renamed: Sell Your Soul for the Five Dollar Bin...

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Oh shut it Elbitch. I"m sure you play covers and I'm sure they sound like shit. Let's see you get up there and do this.

Oh dear.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

It's karaoke, not a band playing covers...

If you like karaoke, go to a karaoke bar and see people not so desparate doing it live...

Stop wasting those expensive text charges for FORD, AT&T and Coca Cola...

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

No...

Oh dear.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          It's karaoke, not a band playing covers...
                          Let's see you do it anyway.

Oh dear.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Sing karaoke ??

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Here's an original with his band. My friend Shawn on the bass. It's not bad, but just ain't my cup o' tea neither.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                Sing karaoke ??
                                No genius, go on Idol and compete.

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...