X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mushroom
    Hey I'm a sucker for that shit, because it's bundled with some other new old shit. I mean, how many versions of Since I've Been Loving You can I get my hands on?
    Try the one Moby Grape did first, asshole.

Comment

• kwame k
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by hambon4lif
      This 'band' is for stoner hobbit-looking motherfuckers who can't get laid.
      Originally posted by vandeleur
      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Mushroom
        Commando
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
        Try the one Moby Grape did first, asshole.
        My garage band can do better than that

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Plagiarism aside, they just played LZ to death and for years it was mandatory that you know all of Bonham's licks.

Loved Stairway, whoever wrote it, the first 50,000 x's I heard it but really don't need to hear their hits twice a day everyday on radio ever again......remastered or not!
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• VAiN
            Use my hand, I won't look
            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DONNIEP
            I feel so left out. Ok, I'll go watch some of this Dane Cook guy's stuff. It better be damn funny.
            Don't do it.. he suuuuuuucks.
            Originally posted by wiseguy
            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Dane Cook is the Wal-Mart of Comedy. Donnie will love him.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, after hearing the remasters of the first III albums, I'd have to say I would have more respect for Zeppelin, if they had just taken the best of these "bonus tracks" and compiled them together, like The Beatles, Bob Dylan, The Boss, and countless others have done with their "lost tracks". I don't know why they think anybody wants to buy "instrumental backing track" versions of their songs, unless they own a karaoke bar, and that's probably not a big demographic.

The bonus disc with the first album is actually an early concert from Paris, but I'm sure I've already got it on bootleg somewhere, and unlike that live album and DVD they released a decade or so ago, it doesn't seem like Vice President Biden... er Jimmy Page has done anything to clean up the audio here. So a reasonable purchase for anyone who doesn't already have that show, but not really an upgrade for those who do.

I'm sure those who are willing to settle for lossy quality will buy the individual tracks on iTunes to get around buying the full albums. If they put them up in WAV or FLAC form, I might consider it.

And one more thing.........

How goddamned fucking difficult would it be to include "Hey Hey What Can I Do" in a Led Zep III remaster, for fucks sake? And shouldn't "Travelling Riverside Blues" be somewhere in here too?
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Dane Cook is the Wal-Mart of Comedy. Donnie will love him.
                  Painfully unfunny. Cook makes Rwandan genocide somewhat humerous in comparison...
                  Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-01-2014, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Kristy
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    How goddamned fucking difficult would it be to include "Hey Hey What Can I Do" in a Led Zep III remaster, for fucks sake? And shouldn't "Travelling Riverside Blues" be somewhere in here too?
                    You take your risk when buying from a con artist like Page.

Zep fools and their money.

Comment

• Kristy
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Possibly the only fucker I might hate more than Jimmy Page:

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You take your risk when buying from a con artist like Page.

Zep fools and their money.
                        What money? I downloaded these off the net. I don't even think they're in the stores until Tuesday
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

I am not particularly interested in these, though one nice thing about the remasters is that you will get better quality of some of the bootlegs previously available as generated copies.

I am burned out on LZ anyway. I have a multi-disc set (22 or 24 discs or some shit) of every alternate take, remaster, jam, scrap of instrumental rubbish, etc. from their entire recording career 1968 to 1980.

"Remastering" some of this stuff is all well and good, but the quality is good enough that I have no reason to buy their albums yet AGAIN.

Not like I want to listen to them anymore anyway.

Oh and Krusty is still angry because she cannot convince Jimmy Page to coat his dick with sand and ass-rape her.

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Classic Kirsten Dunst post.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

You KNOW you want me.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Totally off topic, but as a huge Zep fan I have never understood the solo in Heartbreaker...I think I read somewhere that Vai thinks its great...it sounds horrible to me.

Can anyone break this down for me and let me know if this si actually a brilliant solo somehow? Starts at 2:04 or so:

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...