X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
    Mine was a stiff little fingers tee shirt seemingly .. The one that I can remember was a purgatory maiden tee shirt ... Wore it to death .
    I think Maiden must have sold more t-shirts than albums in the UK during the 1980s every other kid you met had one on.

They must have made a fortune from merch.

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by VetteLS5
      I think I saw them with Outlaws at Kings Dominion?
      Molly Hatchett and The Outlaws must have liked touring together. I saw them together in San Diego in early 82.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• lesfunk
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

mBnfRiO4mc50ZTxraUpB0Jg.jpg
        http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
          Ace Frehley. I think I still have the actual shirt.
          Ah there it is...

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

By the time I was old enough to pick out my own clothes and buy them Kiss wasn't cool anymore. After the Phantom Of The Park movie came out they were considered a kiddies band where I lived. Listening to Kiss and going to Kiss concerts was still OK but wearing Kiss shirts was not.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• DLR Bridge
              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I was 8. Wearing that shirt to school was fuckin' cool.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                I was 8. Wearing that shirt to school was fuckin' cool.
                That's why teenagers wouldn't wear one. Little kids were wearing them. I know what you mean about feeling cool because you had a Kiss shirt. I would where a motocross t shirt to school almost everyday in junior high even though I never rode a dirt bike until I was in my early 20s.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2010

I'm pretty certain it was a Ted Nugent t-shirt from the " Winter Kill '78 - '79 " tour supporting the Weekend Warriors album . That was my first concert t-shirt and , YES , I still have it . However , I had some iron on t-shirts in the late '70's including Aerosmith " Rocks " , Lynyrd Skynyrd "Skynyrd Smokes " , and KISS Army , not to mention the usual pot leaf and Harley Davidson t-shirts .

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
                    I'm pretty certain it was a Ted Nugent t-shirt from the " Winter Kill '78 - '79 " tour supporting the Weekend Warriors album . That was my first concert t-shirt and , YES , I still have it . However , I had some iron on t-shirts in the late '70's including Aerosmith " Rocks " , Lynyrd Skynyrd "Skynyrd Smokes " , and KISS Army , not to mention the usual pot leaf and Harley Davidson t-shirts .
                    Name any of the major bands that toured in the late 70's and early 80's and I've pretty much seen most of them. They believed in cranking it and if they caused major hearing damage so what. It's rock and roll! I was amazed at how loud Bachman Turner overdrive were.

The loudest hands down was Ted Nugent. Scary loud. Loud enough to screw up your heart beat and thow your equilibrium off. My ears rang after the concert. My right ear was like it had water in it two days after. It took three days to recover and I was worried seeing Ted live permanently fucked up my right ear. LOL!

The only thing close to that was firing a 357 magnum with no hearing protection.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      That's why teenagers wouldn't wear one. Little kids were wearing them. I know what you mean about feeling cool because you had a Kiss shirt. I would where a motocross t shirt to school almost everyday in junior high even though I never rode a dirt bike until I was in my early 20s.
                      We went to Grenada on a family vacation. It's very african there. Cool ass island at the time because it wasn't all touristy and you could just go off into the trees and pick spices. They had awesome swimming holes with water falls you could dive off of. For a kid the place was paradise. Anyways they sold these cool african styled shirts. I bought one.

I wore it at school in Idaho. LOL! The other kids wanted to know whee I got the bad assed shirt. Ah the mid 70's. Whacky fun times.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        Molly Hatchett and The Outlaws must have liked touring together. I saw them together in San Diego in early 82.
                        I saw them around that time. Hatchet were throwing shirts out that said "US Drinking Team".

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jul 2010

Check it out , I saw The Outlaws and Molly Hatchet at the old Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis on Sun - 11 - 04 - 79 , the day the Americans were taken hostage in Iran , oddly enough . The Outlaws were the headliner and Molly Hatchet was promoting the Flirtin' With Disaster album . Quite the memorable show . Aaaahhh , the good ol 'daze.........

Comment

• cadaverdog
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            I wore it at school in Idaho.
                            I took and passed the test for the GED in Idaho at Boise State. I was in Job Corps in Marsing, south of Boise right on the Snake River at the time. It only took two weeks to get it although they expected it to take me about three months based on my grades in high school. I got sent home for fighting with a couple of assholes in the dormitory who couldn't handle their liquor after a day of drinking in town a couple weeks later. I didn't care because getting my GED was my primary goal anyway.
                            Beware of Dog

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                              Veteran
                              • Jun 2005

Mine was a grocery store type t-shirt of Lynyrd Skynyrd that said Freebird on it with some kind of eagle type logo. This was 1982 or so. My first actual concert tee was Hank Williams Jr. circa 1984.
                              RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                              LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• katina
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2012

A Van Halen t-shirt, almost…, year 1979. When I received Van Halen II, (not edited here, I had to import it), I discovered inside the package a leaflet . I tried to translate it with a dictionary and asked my mother for help with the money issue.
                                She managed to do so, and we waited some time. When finally the post man arrived and rang the bell, he handled to me a package, but it was opened and without the t-shirt….I looked at him and asked, why?....he smiled and left.

I learnt in the hard way that this is a pretty common practice down here, even today.

Comment

Working...