X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    It's funny because most of the staff there are women under 30, maybe most of them under 25. I tried to explain who he was and some got the Ted Nugent connection, but then I barely knew who he was because I had no ideal Nugent had a lead singer after that first band he was in with the "Journey to the Center of the Mind" song or whatever...
    Ted was a bonehead. After the Amboy Pukes broke up, he started a little food truck selling buffalo tacos, yet gave up three weeks later in order to return to music.

(Of course, this is an alternative narrative, yet by the same token, I personally would have preferred swallowing some dozens of meaty tacos served in a Nugent chain restaurant over the years rather than absorb the swill he has put out since Double Live Gonzo! in 1978.)

Still like listening to the guy, in that somewhat ashamed way one remembers Andrew Dice Clay.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
      Still like listening to the guy, in that somewhat ashamed way one remembers Andrew Dice Clay.
      Or in the way people like the sound of garbage trucks running over small animals.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
        Or in the way people like the sound of garbage trucks running over small animals.
        SSSSHHH...you have just given away the heretofore unknown secret nature of Ted's guitar tone!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

I love the music Ted made in the '70s, but his new album is tired, tired, tired. Just like most of the records he's made in recent years.
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Mushroom
            Commando
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ELVIS

Pentatonic masturbation

it's so.....

Ordinary

Give it a rest Ted

Comment

• SunisinuS
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • May 2010

Originally posted by Kristy
              Eh, no. But I will go a little off my usual self here and say something positive about Ted's drummer....um...well, he can keep better time than Ringo.
              I do like it when you like the drummer...and are positive. Saw a fucking hot chick this week with a T-shirt that said "Kindness is free". Fucking something that other lead singers of VH never got. If you say something mean I will punch you in the mouth don't get me wrong. I am thinking after this week of growing a mustache and joining the Police Academy.
              Last edited by SunisinuS; 08-18-2014, 02:50 AM. Reason: I am just tired of punching people in the mouth...anyone want to do mushrooms with me instead? lol I would appreciate another guide. I did get to make out with a chick over the weekend. Was nice.
              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ashstralia
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Feb 2004

Fucking hell, that's embarrassing me that I'm the same species as these complete fucking arse clowns...

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

The drummer Kris-ty is in love with, is "Wild" Mick Brown, from Dokken.

He got a DUI in a golf cart a few years ago.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

'Wild' Mick Brown of Ted Nugent's Band Arrested in Golf Cart DUI

Ted Nugent's drummer faces several charges after police in Bangor, Maine, say he was seen driving drunk in a golf cart stolen from a concert venue.

Police: Dokken Co-Founder Shoved a Security Officer During Backstage Joyride With Two Females

Ted Nugent's drummer faces several charges after police in Bangor, Maine, say he was seen driving drunk in a golf cart stolen from a concert venue.

Officers working at Nugent's Sunday night concert at the city's waterfront pavilion were told that 55-year-old Mick Brown was intoxicated, had stolen the cart and was driving it recklessly on a foot path.

According to the Bangor Daily News, police officer Steve Jordan spotted Brown driving with two females on the cart and attempted to stop the drummer without success. When officers tried to stop the cart again, Brown sped past them and shoved a security officer. Two security officers then removed Brown from the cart, and he was arrested.

Brown, of Cave Creek, Ariz., was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, driving to endanger, theft and assault. He was released on $4,000 bail and is due back in court Aug. 15.

Dubbed "Wild" Mick in the metal community, Brown is best known as co-founder of 1980s hitmakers Dokken. He is also a member of Tooth & Nail with former Dokken guitarist George Lynch.

Nugent was in town as part of his tour with Styx and REO Speedwagon. The rocker's next date is set for Tuesday (July 10) in Boston.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

You're a real piece of work...

That was years ago...

And your point is what exactly ??

That aging rock stars sometimes get drunk and take golf carts for a ride ??

You're an idiot...

Comment

• Von Halen
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Why are you being mean to Sesh?

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Because he's a scourge to open discussion on any subject...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You're a real piece of work...

That was years ago...

And your point is what exactly ??

That aging rock stars sometimes get drunk and take golf carts for a ride ??

You're an idiot...

Because he's a scourge to open discussion on any subject...

Hahaha.

At this point even you aren't reading your shit.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

What would be the point ??

You've reduced this place to nothing...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've changed nothing apart from maybe being a bit more patient with you.

Under previous regimes you've usually been banned by this point.

Comment

Working...