• Aug 2004

Van Homoeroticism is a bar band.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Kristy
      Van Homoeroticism is a bar band.
      Yea I liked the last 4 albums myself. They got away from the keyboard shit on Counterparts and have stayed that way. I won't buy this. Makes no sense too put out 1 new dvd with the 70's stuff on it out with shit every Rush fan already probably has. Rush still is great live but Gettys voice is shot. So too me Dave didn't sound much worse in 2012.

Comment

• philouze
        Banned
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
        Rush still is great live but Gettys voice is shot. So too me Dave didn't sound much worse in 2012.
        I disagree. Roth was just UNBEARABLE on the 2012 tour, vocally. Listen to the Oshkosh concert.
        Geddy can't sing as high as he used to, but at least he sings. He doesn't scream or bark the lyrics like Roth has been doing for quite a number of years now... Okay, Roth has never been a great singer but still..
        Besides, comparing Rush to VH is quite null and void. Rush was never a "party" band, and VH was never a "smart" band. I love both bands, don't get me wrong, but it's like comparing KI$$ to, say, Marillion (Hogarth era)...

Comment

• Never was
          Foot Soldier
          • May 2012

Geddy maintained his voice better than Dave and is more consistent. I actually like Dave's voice in 2013 but overall you never know which Dave vocally will show. Geddy is not great vocally but he was not great 30 years ago either, he is about what he should be.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by philouze
            Besides, comparing Rush to VH is quite null and void. Rush was never a "party" band, and VH was never a "smart" band.
            That's kind of my point though, how did we end up with more showmanship at the Rush gig?

The last tour(s) are a bit like finding out the new Iron Man movie cost $200 million to make and you go along and it's just set in a warehouse.

You get home and look into it and find out that they paid Robert Downey Jr and Gwyneth Paltrow $95 million each to be in it and the directors son is playing the villain.

I don't think the Van Halen big screen with some sheep herding video and some confetti competes well with this but the tickets weren't any cheaper...

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson Auction Rush Memorabilia for Charity
              by Jeff Giles October 8, 2014 9:37 AM

Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson Auction Rush Memorabilia for Charity
              by Jeff Giles October 8, 2014 9:37 AM
              Alex Lifeson and Geddy LeeKevin Winter, Getty Images

Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson have dipped into their personal collections in order to give Rush fans a chance to own pieces of the band’s history while supporting a great cause.

It’s all part of their Grapes Under Pressure 3 charity auction, which started Oct. 3, runs through Oct. 13 and supports Grapes for Humanity Canada, a charity that seeks “to provide a better quality of life for victims and survivors of disasters” by raising funds “through various international wine events, wine auctions, corporate and private home wine tastings.” To that end, Lee and Lifeson have donated an array of Rush-related items that includes:

A Geddy Lee Fender Jazz bass AND a rare Garrison G-50E Custom Acoustic guitar used by Alex on the Snakes & Arrows tour. They have both been signed by Geddy and Alex as well as by members of Depeche Mode, TOOL, the Fray, Pearl Jam, Judas Priest and many more in Support of Grapes for Humanity.
              A Gibson Les Paul Axcess “Custom Shop” guitar which was used by Alex Lifeson in a recent secret session. The guitar will be autographed and will be accompanied by a signed photo of Alex with the Guitar.
              A Sabian Paragon Diamondback Chinese 20″ Cymbal, from Neil Peart’s personal kit, with Neil’s signature.

The auction, which you can watch or bid on here, comes just a few weeks after the third annual ‘Geddy & Alex’s Excellent Harvest Adventure,’ during which the duo boarded a train with a lucky group of fans (each of whom paid $1,250 a ticket for the privilege) for a day of wine country fun. With days to go before Grapes Under Pressure 3 comes to a close, the memorabilia on offer — which really includes quite a bit of cool stuff, with the above items representing only a fraction of what’s for sale — has already racked up thousands of dollars’ worth of bids. All proceeds have been pledged to rebuild health care facilities in the Philippines damaged by the Haiyan Typhoon.

Comment

Working...